Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Packers/container in next Weds - what about insurance??

Packers/container in next Weds - what about insurance??

Old May 13th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

newtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nice
Default Packers/container in next Weds - what about insurance??

Can anyone help pleeeeease?
Like subject says, the packers are in next wk & the container comes on Thurs. I need to sort insurance out before then & running out of time!
I've been told it has to be in in NZ$ so which websites are best to get a picture of values (4 bed detached house with A LOT of cr@p!)?

Thanks guys!
Old May 13th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future
Default Re: Packers/container in next Weds - what about insurance??

Originally Posted by newtothis
Can anyone help pleeeeease?
Like subject says, the packers are in next wk & the container comes on Thurs. I need to sort insurance out before then & running out of time!
I've been told it has to be in in NZ$ so which websites are best to get a picture of values (4 bed detached house with A LOT of cr@p!)?

Thanks guys!
hi im not too sure if this is right im sure someone will quote me if im wrong, but i was told at a seminar on sunday to make sure your insurance is all ready the removal firm should of offered you this when you booked with them or should of least give you a form. like i said im not to sure about this as im far from that stage yet. hope you get the help you need and good luck with everything.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

newtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nice

yep - i'm filling out the form right now!
we decided to take the insurance they offer (probably gonna regret doing this when my conatiner falls off the boat into the deep, deep sea) but its a real pain in my @rse to complete.
i'm trawling through nz furniture websites trying to get average comparison prices, then been told by shippers to convert back into £££s & fill in the form.

HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Hiya

We did all ours with the removal firm. We filled in the forms by looking at what it would cost to replace our items in uk £'s then multiplied it by 2.5 as this was the exchange rate conversion.

The premium was paid to the UK insurance company in UK £'s.

Don't panic, just chill and you'll be fine, honest!!

Catkin
Old May 14th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help! I'm getting quite crazy about it all!!!
It's all been SO stressful as have had to sort the whole process out in 6weeks - perhaps a good thing in the long run (less time to sit & wait & wonder & worry)!!
We're going to land 1st week of June so not long to go now!
Thanks again
Old May 14th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by newtothis
Thanks for your help! I'm getting quite crazy about it all!!!
It's all been SO stressful as have had to sort the whole process out in 6weeks - perhaps a good thing in the long run (less time to sit & wait & wonder & worry)!!
We're going to land 1st week of June so not long to go now!
Thanks again

I have 4 wks and 5 days - I can totally empathise!

Still it keeps the goodbyes to a minimum and makes me too busy to dwell on them

Did you Google maritime insurance? You might get it a good bit cheaper? And if the packers pack the stuff and the shippers ship the stuff, how come their liability insurance doesn't cover any loss or damage?