Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

P.E teacher moving to Auckland!!

P.E teacher moving to Auckland!!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:30 am
Just Joined

kerig123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default P.E teacher moving to Auckland!!

hello all,

my boyfriend and i are both moving to auckland early september for 4 years as my boyfriend is doing his PHD at auckland uni. I am a P.E teacher so will be looking for work in a secondary school. I dont know where to start!! Can anyone help? So many questions as i know very little about the kiwi education system. Can anyone recommend any websites that will help me? Any recommendations where we should base ourselves? What/where we should avoid?

Excited!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: teaching in nz

Originally Posted by kerig123
hello all,

my boyfriend and i are both moving to auckland early september for 4 years as my boyfriend is doing his PHD at auckland uni. I am a P.E teacher so will be looking for work in a secondary school. I dont know where to start!! Can anyone help? So many questions as i know very little about the kiwi education system. Can anyone recommend any websites that will help me? Any recommendations where we should base ourselves? What/where we should avoid?

Excited!!
I really wouldn't know where to start with teaching advice sorry, but ive found most people/school principals will email you back etc if you contact them.. tehre must be tonnes of schools to email eh... Go for it, what ya got to lose.. Good luck.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

hello all,

Excited!!
Go to www.teachnz.govt.nz. Good luck. NZ is coolio. Well cool

Young people are really nice on the whole and very respectful IMO. I am very impressed with the junior education my 3 rugrats are getting. I am sure you will love it.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

edgazette.govt.nz for all ministry of education jobs
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

NZ Teachers Council

That's for registering as a teacher in NZ

Education Gazette

NZ teaching jobs website

Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Get your registration started as soon as possible and then you can start applying for any job you see on the educational gazette website just like you would applying for one in the uk. Everything is done by email so it doesn't matter that you are not in the country. I have applied for 2 jobs whilst in the UK (one in 2000 and one in 2010 when we decided to move back to NZ - were ping pong poms) and got both of them with just a phone interview. They both got my references first and then offered me the jobs on the basis of them. From both my first school and my current one, I can tell you they love english trained teachers because we are very good at our job. I arrived back here in January and started teaching at the beginning of february and am loving it.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: P.E teacher moving to Auckland!!

hello all,

Excited!!
Hello and welcome to BE. We are, in the main, a friendly lot so feel free to ask away in the main forum and you may find the Search This Forum button useful.

I'm not a teacher or in Auckland, but just wanted to welcome you to the madding crowd.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

hello all,

Excited!!
Hi, try looking at www.edgazette.govt.nz/vacancies
Put in age group and area, you can check on school profile and ERO (like OFSTED) report. Good luck x
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kia ora kerig123. Just wanted to welcome you to our friendly NZ forum. I see you are finding your way around the site & getting help with information re:teaching.

We are in Auckland but live on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula which is approx 25km from Auckland as the crow flies but around 40km by car. We live right near the end! It would possibly too far out for you but depends on what you are looking for & where you end up teaching.

There are lots of great places to live around Auckland & there is a book available called "Where to live in Auckland" which you may find useful. This question has been asked a few times before so try the <Search> facility.

Good luck with all your plans.