Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ozzies who have moved to NZ

Ozzies who have moved to NZ

Old May 24th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ozzies who have moved to NZ

We regularly hear about the hordes of kiwis moving across to OZ. I'm sure there must be more than a few true blue Ozzies going across to NZ. I would be very interested to hear why they made the move and how they are finding it there.

I know wages aren't great in Kiwiland, but money ain't everything. I know it's got some noice scenery and please tell me not all the sheilas look like Helen Clark.
Old May 24th 2008, 8:18 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Ozzies who have moved to NZ

Originally Posted by Budawang
We regularly hear about the hordes of kiwis moving across to OZ. I'm sure there must be more than a few true blue Ozzies going across to NZ. I would be very interested to hear why they made the move and how they are finding it there.

I know wages aren't great in Kiwiland, but money ain't everything. I know it's got some noice scenery and please tell me not all the sheilas look like Helen Clark.
Helen Clark - thought everyone was mispronouncing the name after all Shirley used to be a male name.

Females come from 'good' farming stock
Old May 24th 2008, 8:40 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Have net a few down here in Dunedin, met a young family the other day who moved back from Cairns to Dunedin, he was true Ozzie and his wife was of Moari decent, he could not get over the wages for unskilled here $12.50ph upwards, i asked them why they had come to NZ and they said they had had enough of the tourist town of Cairns, especialy for the kids, they recon NZ is a better place to bring kids up than OZ, and they said that apart from the weather there wasn't much else that kept them there, i think in the past year i have met half a dozen Ozzies who have come to NZ for the lifestyle change.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
Have net a few down here in Dunedin, met a young family the other day who moved back from Cairns to Dunedin, he was true Ozzie and his wife was of Moari decent, he could not get over the wages for unskilled here $12.50ph upwards, i asked them why they had come to NZ and they said they had had enough of the tourist town of Cairns, especialy for the kids, they recon NZ is a better place to bring kids up than OZ, and they said that apart from the weather there wasn't much else that kept them there, i think in the past year i have met half a dozen Ozzies who have come to NZ for the lifestyle change.
Cairns is a real tourist town. Lovely country nearby, but the tourism would get to me too. I'm not sure Dunedin would be my first choice though - a bit too chilly and isolated perhaps.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Judging by the lack of response to this post, I suspect there aren't a lot of dinky di Ozzies in New Zealand. Or maybe they just haven't come "out" yet.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

We live in Whitford, Auckland and a load of Ozzies play at the golf club i belong to.....

Every one i've spoken to say they prefer it here in New Zealand.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:35 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I know of 5 unrelated ones here in Dunedin - all seem to have been here for at least 15 years.
Old May 27th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
I know of 5 unrelated ones here in Dunedin - all seem to have been here for at least 15 years.

I heard that some are on the way as a result of the dire water problems that prevail and seem likely to get worse by all accounts. What good is anywhere without water? Oz may be many, many strides ahead of NZ but if the water situ. does not improve I guess many more will choose to come here.

Does Oz have the ability to provide more and more and more desalinated water to it's population??
Old May 27th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Judging by the lack of response to this post, I suspect there aren't a lot of dinky di Ozzies in New Zealand. Or maybe they just haven't come "out" yet.

Ahem...........
I think I know why there hasn`t been much response.
Ahem
What would an ozzie be doing on a british expats website
I thank you.
Ash
Old May 27th 2008, 3:32 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
Ahem...........
I think I know why there hasn`t been much response.
Ahem
What would an ozzie be doing on a british expats website
I thank you.
Ash
Same thing this kiwi is on one. being little miss (or mr) helpful
And also a few others are kiwis but on this site because they married brits
Old May 27th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Same thing this kiwi is on one. being little miss (or mr) helpful
And also a few others are kiwis but on this site because they married brits

I stand corrected and will go stand in the corner.
Still no ozzies though
Old May 27th 2008, 5:15 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
I stand corrected and will go stand in the corner.
Still no ozzies though
And write your lines!