Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Outta my way, I'm coming!!!

Outta my way, I'm coming!!!

Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

pp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nice
Default Outta my way, I'm coming!!!

Hello all

I'm Matt - currently living in Worthing, West Sussex on the South coast of England. I am married to Antonia (who will post on here too!) and we have two daughters - Millie (2 and 1/2) and Lola (born on Xmas Day!)

Antonia is a primary school teacher - we are waiting for Antonia's qualifications assessment to come back from NZQA (submitted in September!!!), but are primarily interested in moving to Christchurch. We are coming to NZ to visit for 4 weeks in April. The plan is to love it, sell the house, get Antonia a job and move out there!

I'm really pleased to have found this forum and look forward to picking some brains - and maybe even meeting some people - in the near future.

Cheers

Matt
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outta my way, I'm coming!!!

Originally Posted by pp15doodoo
Hello all

I'm Matt - currently living in Worthing, West Sussex on the South coast of England. I am married to Antonia (who will post on here too!) and we have two daughters - Millie (2 and 1/2) and Lola (born on Xmas Day!)

Antonia is a primary school teacher - we are waiting for Antonia's qualifications assessment to come back from NZQA (submitted in September!!!), but are primarily interested in moving to Christchurch. We are coming to NZ to visit for 4 weeks in April. The plan is to love it, sell the house, get Antonia a job and move out there!

I'm really pleased to have found this forum and look forward to picking some brains - and maybe even meeting some people - in the near future.

Cheers

Matt
First things first, congratulations on the birth of your new baby daughter! Hell of a christmas present for you all. Welcome to the forum and i wish you all the best in your ventures. Any questions please ask, we're a friendly lot in the main of here.

regards

Simon
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

What line are you in Matt?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to the forum Matt. Have some welcome karma to get you started and Happy Posting
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

pp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nicepp15doodoo is just really nice

Hi Yotty

I currently work for a fairly large Registered Social Landlord - which is government funded housing for those in 'housing need'. I work in supported housing, managing a team of housing officers in Hampshire and Sussex - we work with all sorts - older people in sheltered housing / extra care, people with disabilities & special needs, young women with babies and pretty much anyone who finds themselves homeless.

I don't think my qualifications or work experience are in particular demand in NZ - Antonia will probably need to be the primary applicant to the immigration services.

The plan at this point is for me to do the childcare / housekeeping and for Antonia to work as a teacher providing the main income - but if we get carried away with hot tubs and swimming pools we might both need to work!!

Having said that I'm happy to work and will turn my hand to most things - barwork, waiting tables, working in retail - in the medium to long term I'd like to look at re-training and working in IT perhaps in website design or similar.

Thanks for the welcome karma Bevs - here's some coming back atcha!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

You sound keen! They do have housing organisations in NZ. My husband works in housing strategy at the moment but he is hoping to be a kept man in NZ. Have a look at http://www.frontdoor.co.nz/.

It sounds like your wife needs to compare notes with Ton of Wiz'n'Ton as she is a primary school teacher in Chch.

Good luck
Alison
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littleal
You sound keen! They do have housing organisations in NZ. My husband works in housing strategy at the moment but he is hoping to be a kept man in NZ. Have a look at http://www.frontdoor.co.nz/.

It sounds like your wife needs to compare notes with Ton of Wiz'n'Ton as she is a primary school teacher in Chch.

Good luck
Alison
Yeah, we're keen

Thanks for that link Alison - I'd looked at the HNZ website a while ago but hadn't seen that one - the Tenancy Management jobs there certainly look comparable to what I'm doing at the moment.

And Ton - if you read this, expect a message from my good lady wife, Antonia, picking your brains about primary teaching in Christchurch some time soon!!