Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes ...

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes ...

Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Out Of The Mouths Of Babes ...

... I thought I'd share some recent gems from the Loolah household.

Not all the kids' I confess.

For example, Hubby just came in from a golf do where it was the boys only. One made the fatal mistake of turning up with his new Thai bride.

Hubby's friend "Who's she?"

Hubby "I don't know but she's deeply irritating."

Hubby's friend "Where's that?"

Son is telling us all about a school trip to the river park;

"And I jumped in off the third highest board and I got all leaves and water in my mouth ..."

Daughter No.1 "Why didn't you keep your mouth shut?"

Son, "Why don't you shut yours?!"

Youngest Daughter (aged 6) "It's my class BBQ at the park you can bring alcohol ... well not you mummy!"

I took part in the Xmas ladies race at my son's go-karting track on Sunday, never raced before, came last. Wanted to know my top speed ...

Racing "Friend" "Well, the guy who was doing the lap times was 72 when you started, he died during your third lap of old age, he was 103." ... How unkind ...

Anymore gems to share?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Out Of The Mouths Of Babes ...

my two year old this afternoon shouted 'chill out' to me, as i was fussing over cleaning her hands...

when my nephew was two he embarrased and appalled his mum in the post office queue by responding to a sweet little old lady enquiring as to his name 'bu***r off old woman' - clear as a bell!
Old Dec 20th 2008, 10:46 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Master 4 sat at the dinner table yesterday and said 'suck it up Nana' to my MIL!!!!

( think DH actually told him to say it on his behalf!!!! )
Old Dec 24th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

when discussing xmas gifts with son age 6 I said we would get him a new bike as he had outgrown his, he replied "let santa claus get it then it'll save you money"!! how to reply???
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

just browsing and saw this thread - hope you don't mind me contributing - my daughter started school and had to write a poem about all things red. One line said - " red is like the wine my mum gulps down her neck "!!only found out she'd wrote that when I read it on open evening - displayed !!!

wouldn't mind soooo much but i don't even drink red wine
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

My mother asked my 5 year old son if he would miss her when he goes to live in NZ
...he replied 'No'
...she said 'Why not?'
...he replied 'because when I get to NZ I shall find a new Nana!'
suffice to say, this comment didn't exactly cheer her up!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:06 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bolton1
just browsing and saw this thread - hope you don't mind me contributing - my daughter started school and had to write a poem about all things red. One line said - " red is like the wine my mum gulps down her neck "!!only found out she'd wrote that when I read it on open evening - displayed !!!

wouldn't mind soooo much but i don't even drink red wine
That's soooo funny!!