Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

out of curiosity :S

out of curiosity :S

Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

saintlysinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Question out of curiosity :S

I posted here days after we had a job offer from christchurch...it has now been about 14 days since we last heard a thing, we had a great job offer, with bonuses...all sounding pretty good !

my question is regarding the last E-mail we were sent from the company : you will be getting a full breakdown regarding the job offer sent out to you...which we have been waiting for ...which seems like an eternity but still only approx 14 days..which may not seem very long to others, but when waiting on something that could potentially change your life for-ever...is a long time !

but still nothing....is this because the mail is so slow from New Zealand to Ireland....or are we waiting on something that will never happen

has anyone been through the job offer stage ( getting very excited ) to hearing nothing ??

i don't want to phone the company...to look like we are over zealous...but in honesty would like to know where we stand

i have 2 teenagers so would like to know if we have to start looking into schools and the like...also need to look into area's we may possible be moving to

but to hear nothing is starting to drive me a little insane....as we not even being drip fed info these days ( in the beginning there was a reply to every e-mail...now nothing

not sure what to think now
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: out of curiosity :S

is this because the mail is so slow from New Zealand to Ireland.
Are you talking about the postal service?

If so, mail can take anything between 8 to 20 days to arrive from my experience. Normally around 10 working days though.

Perhaps email the company and ask them to email a copy over so you can start putting things in place to facilitate a quick arrival for them.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

have posted a reply twice now....dont want to post another in case i get another blank field ??? and then both the previous post's come up !!

if no double post's come up soon will reply again
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:11 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

when hubby was over here and I was in the UK he paid extra to get something couriered and it still took 2 weeks to get to the UK.

If it really is doing your head in you could always call them
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Just send em an email saying its been 14 days and ask if they can confirn the date it was sent.
Its not looking over zealous, its just what anyone would do...
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Ring them, they are useless in replying

Neil
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I might remind you that one of your motives for moving to NZ is likely to be for the 'slower pace of life' This, as well as dealing with NZ immigration, is all part of that preparation process that will lead one into enlightenment of the Kiwi way.

The patience of a saint is often required in dealing with any officialdom here and especially so when it comes to any kind of paperwork, adminstration and recruitment. The time it takes generally increases in proportion to the effect and impact that it might have on one's life and then they'll ask for you to have replied three days previously.

They will undoubtedly have parked the paperwork in the 'too hard basket' for a few days and in all likelihood they haven't been able to find the boss to sign the contract because he 'shot through' to go out fishing or play golf in the sunshine. It will be at least ten days in transit in the post, assuming they remember to put the right amount of stamps on and post it via international fast post.

Phone and ask them if / or when they sent it.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:26 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

True, Bo Jangles. New Zealand's on island time

Downer made a massive loss last year and only got out of the poo this year because their Australian mining operation picked up and made a nice fat profit. I reckon their Christchurch office is lacking admin support and they're doing a bit of DIY when it comes to recruitment. Either that or they have to run everything past Australia before it gets approved.

You should phone them today and ask what's happening. If your husband put in a bid for work and hadn't heard anything he'd be chasing the client wouldn't he. What's so different about this?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

I think it's more that we want to know where we stand ! not knowing is frustrating...we really are not sure what we should be doing ...if anything

We have waited a year to get this far .....but kinda thought the wait was over...and this was the start of something big......but its just a very slow start

Living in Ireland you kinda get used to the laid back life....so hopefully we will fit in right away !! If we ever get there...lol

shall get onto hubby to make that call....maybe a bit late today ( my time ) but will certainly try later this evening

thanks all

some of my posts are vanishing i do value your comments ...just having trouble posting
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I might remind you that one of your motives for moving to NZ is likely to be for the 'slower pace of life' This, as well as dealing with NZ immigration, is all part of that preparation process that will lead one into enlightenment of the Kiwi way.

The patience of a saint is often required in dealing with any officialdom here and especially so when it comes to any kind of paperwork, adminstration and recruitment. The time it takes generally increases in proportion to the effect and impact that it might have on one's life and then they'll ask for you to have replied three days previously.

They will undoubtedly have parked the paperwork in the 'too hard basket' for a few days and in all likelihood they haven't been able to find the boss to sign the contract because he 'shot through' to go out fishing or play golf in the sunshine. It will be at least ten days in transit in the post, assuming they remember to put the right amount of stamps on and post it via international fast post.

lmao
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by saintlysinner
I posted here days after we had a job offer from christchurch...it has now been about 14 days since we last heard a thing, we had a great job offer, with bonuses...all sounding pretty good !

my question is regarding the last E-mail we were sent from the company : you will be getting a full breakdown regarding the job offer sent out to you...which we have been waiting for ...which seems like an eternity but still only approx 14 days..which may not seem very long to others, but when waiting on something that could potentially change your life for-ever...is a long time !

but still nothing....is this because the mail is so slow from New Zealand to Ireland....or are we waiting on something that will never happen

has anyone been through the job offer stage ( getting very excited ) to hearing nothing ??

i don't want to phone the company...to look like we are over zealous...but in honesty would like to know where we stand

i have 2 teenagers so would like to know if we have to start looking into schools and the like...also need to look into area's we may possible be moving to

but to hear nothing is starting to drive me a little insane....as we not even being drip fed info these days ( in the beginning there was a reply to every e-mail...now nothing

not sure what to think now
I came over in August. Like your experience, in the early days of the contact there was a lot of email correspondence and, like you, as the time for the move drew nearer the correspondence dried up. I was recruited through an agency and the agent was the main contact and stayed in touch through the whole of the process. My contact at the employer definitely gave the impression he couldn't be a*s*d. see Neil's reply!
best of luck
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

some of my posts are vanishing
Wot you mean SS? Posts shouldn't vanish unless I wave me Mod wand.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your replies

Have hubby on the case now...with him working away presently, just makes it a bit harder, trying to ring NZ he is working 12 hour days ...so tend to use e-mail with the time difference.

but mission is on to ring now shall ring hubby later and see how that's going

Bev's i dont think my post are vanishing as such...just when i try to post....my screen seems to go a bit funny at times, and i am re-directed back to the main page...and no message has been posted :blink

am learning now i copy my message ...then if it don't post i can just paste if need be

thanks guy's x
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

Right we made the phone call on sunday evening :

paper work still waiting to be signed off by the boss....so not even in the post !

we have been advised to get the medicals done and gardai/police checks done...to speed up the process.
have been advised by the company they will be dealing with the visa's....so one less thing

have been advised they will be putting us up for up to 2 months in a rental property to enable us to find a property once we get there...give us a chance to look around

thanks a million for the replies
Jacki
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Right we made the phone call on sunday evening :

paper work still waiting to be signed off by the boss....so not even in the post !

we have been advised to get the medicals done and gardai/police checks done...to speed up the process.
have been advised by the company they will be dealing with the visa's....so one less thing

have been advised they will be putting us up for up to 2 months in a rental property to enable us to find a property once we get there...give us a chance to look around

thanks a million for the replies
Jacki
Awesome! hope everything goes quickly. What are you going over to work as?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.