Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our wonderful foreign minister

Our wonderful foreign minister

Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our wonderful foreign minister

Originally Posted by Justcol
A bleading heart liberal who thinks he can save the world by giving everything to everyone.
My moral standing is, I couldnt care less !!

Those who are not lead by our noses by the crap thats printed in the media can see things for what they are. I'm sure you can quote lots of interesting articles from facebook and twitter that would point out what a terrible man he is. Truth is I dont give a f**k either way
So, basically you're saying you are a selfish git who doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself? Is that it?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm saying I don't give a shit about maori land rights, I'm saying I don't feel the need to feign support for whatever it is that the sad, and the desperate to be noticed, are crying about this week.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Justcol
No, I'm saying I don't give a shit about maori land rights, I'm saying I don't feel the need to feign support for whatever it is that the sad, and the desperate to be noticed, are crying about this week.
That'a'boy. Just like the early colonists.

Just take the land and no compensation for them.

None of this namby-pamby hand-wringing nonsense................

We surely need more immigrants like you, able to integrate so well
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:26 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is certainly showing the diversity of man
Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
That'a'boy. Just like the early colonists.

Just take the land and no compensation for them.

None of this namby-pamby hand-wringing nonsense................

We surely need more immigrants like you, able to integrate so well
That is revisionist history at its best. The Maoris were paid for their land in the 1800's. and then again in the 20thC (probably twice) and they have their bids in again in the 21stC (based on 21stC 'improved by Brit migrant' values.

A gravy train encouraged by left wing liberals.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
That is revisionist history at its best. The Maoris were paid for their land in the 1800's. and then again in the 20thC (probably twice) and they have their bids in again in the 21stC (based on 21stC 'improved by Brit migrant' values.

Do you need a history lesson?

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/the-new-ze...nts-act-passed

Parliament passed legislation for the confiscation (raupatu) of Māori land to punish tribes deemed to have ‘engaged in open rebellion against Her Majesty’s authority’ in the early 1860s. Pākehā settlers would occupy the confiscated land.

On the eve of the British invasion of Waikato in July 1863 (see 12 July), the government ordered all Māori living in the Manukau district and on the Waikato frontier north of the Mangatāwhiri stream to take an oath of allegiance to the Queen and give up their weapons. Those who refused were warned that they would ‘forfeit the right to the possession of their lands guaranteed to them by the Treaty of Waitangi’.

Under the New Zealand Settlements Act, Waikato lost almost all their land and Ngāti Hauā about a third of theirs. But kūpapa (pro-government or neutral) Māori also lost land as the yardstick rapidly changed from guilt to convenience. Ngāti Maniapoto territory was untouched as it was still under Kīngitanga control. In the long term, Taranaki Māori suffered most from confiscation in terms of land actually occupied.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Blankets and muskets, sure

Many tribes were forced to sell land to Europeans to pay for forced legal cases to establish ownership.

Get real about who is the revisionist.

As a British born immigrant, do you have any skin in the game?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Do you need a history lesson?

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/the-new-ze...nts-act-passed

Parliament passed legislation for the confiscation (raupatu) of Māori land to punish tribes deemed to have ‘engaged in open rebellion against Her Majesty’s authority’ in the early 1860s. Pākehā settlers would occupy the confiscated land.

On the eve of the British invasion of Waikato in July 1863 (see 12 July), the government ordered all Māori living in the Manukau district and on the Waikato frontier north of the Mangatāwhiri stream to take an oath of allegiance to the Queen and give up their weapons. Those who refused were warned that they would ‘forfeit the right to the possession of their lands guaranteed to them by the Treaty of Waitangi’.

Under the New Zealand Settlements Act, Waikato lost almost all their land and Ngāti Hauā about a third of theirs. But kūpapa (pro-government or neutral) Māori also lost land as the yardstick rapidly changed from guilt to convenience. Ngāti Maniapoto territory was untouched as it was still under Kīngitanga control. In the long term, Taranaki Māori suffered most from confiscation in terms of land actually occupied.
If you cede sovereignty, then disobey the laws, attack crown forces etc etc then the best of luck.
But no problem, the part Maori descendents will carry on claiming and reclaiming and you will end up with a form of apartheid with pakeha vs Maori. The worst of multiculturalism rather than integration.

Personally I feel we have a claim against the Maori for saving them from the Maori on Maori genocide of the 19thC.

I have a smidgen of Anglo saxon blood I feel I should have a claim against the Norman French for destroying my culture but can't find any liberal agitators to support me :-)

Last edited by Kotare; Jan 6th 2017 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have a smidgen of Anglo saxon blood I feel I should have a claim against the Norman French for destroying my culture but can't find any liberal agitaors to support me :-)
All Brits have Roman blood, most Brits have Norman blood.

Taking a case against yourself Kotare

The day will come when all New Zealanders will have some Maori blood.

Have you no Maori relatives after living here since the 1950's?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

.......you will end up with a form of apartheid with pakeha vs Maori. The worst of multiculturalism rather than integration.
Dead wrong.
You've been away from NZ for too long I think.

Todays kids and young adults are well versed in Maori culture as it's an integral part of the NZ education system now.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

All Brits have Roman blood, most Brits have Norman blood.

Taking a case against yourself Kotare

The day will come when all New Zealanders will have some Maori blood.

Have you no Maori relatives after living here since the 1950's?
If I have Norman blood it was because a female relative was abused by them (fetch a lawyer).

No Maori blood in the family as I married an anglo german girl (rather than a kiwi). Daughter married a Spaniard, son a HK chinese girl (surprised she isn't suing the UK govt for cultural deprivation). :-)

Most of my Kiwi friends have Maori blood, but view themselves as New Zealanders unlike the Maori activists (and their pakeha apologists).
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dead wrong.
You've been away from NZ for too long I think.

Todays kids and young adults are well versed in Maori culture as it's an integral part of the NZ education system now.
Wrong - todays kids are being indoctrinated with a revisionist form of Maori history. The activists are pushing for modified legal, medical, teaching systems Maori based. Think sharia law in UK.

When kiwis can't go fishing or tramping etc because some iwi has claimed the rights (and wants to charge). When you find your house property rights are being modified by Maori claims as in Auckland etc etc....

The Maori have been given about 3 billion $ already and that is the tip of the iceberg. There is already quite a backlash but it won't get really unpleasant in my lifetime :-).
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Most of my Kiwi friends have Maori blood,.
That's all right then.
They can take you fishing and tramping.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
"Everyone you know..." Must be a small circle of like-minded folks. Anyway, not how it played out over here.

Got anything to say about the moral standing of Europeans who settled on stolen Maori ancestral lands, 4 million acres of it?
You raise some very interesting ideas. I used to think Obama was a great chap..not so sure now. Certainly not the most effective leader fo the free world. I have been educated to realise that he really did not do much other than Obama Care.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
So, basically you're saying you are a selfish git who doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself? Is that it?
I think that is a fair evaluation, he will probably concur.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.