British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Our "real-life, it's finally here, oh my gosh" countdown (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/our-real-life-its-finally-here-oh-my-gosh-countdown-435538/)

Jules & Danny Mar 18th 2007 8:38 pm

Our "real-life, it's finally here, oh my gosh" countdown

This time next week, we'll be just about to spend our last night in the UK.

So, this weekend we've been saying goodbye to my family (the Danny part). Next week is Jules' family and in between all that I have to post the last of the stuff we've flogged on ebay.

In addition to that, I have to get Jules' car to the shipping company's compound (we're actually taking it with us!) and then, I have to bugger off to Brussels mid-week for a night for a bit of last minute indulgence of some decent continental beers. How I managed to swing that I don't know, leaving Jules with the 4 kids and the packers to deal with!!

But, here we are... entering the final furlong...

Am Loolah Mar 18th 2007 8:41 pm

Re: Our "real-life, it's finally here, oh my gosh" countdown

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny (Post 4531755)
This time next week, we'll be just about to spend our last night in the UK.

So, this weekend we've been saying goodbye to my family (the Danny part). Next week is Jules' family and in between all that I have to post the last of the stuff we've flogged on ebay.

In addition to that, I have to get Jules' car to the shipping company's compound (we're actually taking it with us!) and then, I have to bugger off to Brussels mid-week for a night for a bit of last minute indulgence of some decent continental beers. How I managed to swing that I don't know, leaving Jules with the 4 kids and the packers to deal with!!

But, here we are... entering the final furlong...

If my Hubby left me with our 4 kids the week before we go I'd strangle him ... oh that's right he was going to and then he saw the light and cancelled!!!:thumbup: Good luck with the final thrust so to speak (Oh God, Nice Guy'll be quoting that one!) How were the goodbyes? We have ours the weekend after next?:unsure:

RobClubley Mar 18th 2007 9:20 pm

I did that too - lads' weekend in Magaluf :D
I came back and told Melanie all about how we'd been in strip clubs, had offers from "ladies" of the night when walking back to the hotel, all sorts! She was suitably impressed!

Magaluf is such a classy place!

Wiz'n'Ton Mar 19th 2007 9:18 am

Good Luck to you all! Was just over 2 months ago we were in the same place. Plenty of water under the bridge since then, but it's all good so far - am sure the same will be true for you.

Ahhh... happy days... :) :thumbsup:

Happy travels,

Wiz

SarahB Mar 19th 2007 10:04 am

Good luck with everything!!!