British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Our next NZ holiday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/our-next-nz-holiday-663848/)

Margaret Parkinson Apr 13th 2010 4:50 pm

Our next NZ holiday

We have booked our trip to NZ for next year. This time we are flying Qantas. We fly Manchester Heathrow economy. From Manchester to Sydney we are flying Premium Economy. This is a very long flight but having looked at the facilities I think we will be able to cope. There is a touch down in Bankok on the outward journey and sometimes you are allowed off to go to an holding area. From Sydney to Auckland its economy again but this flight is only 3 hours. The touch down on our return is Singapore.

Have a look at this and tell me what you think, scroll down to the boarding at Heathrow.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/150487/

June

Dewb09 Apr 13th 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Our next NZ holiday

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 8493222)
We have booked our trip to NZ for next year. This time we are flying Qantas. We fly Manchester Heathrow economy. From Manchester to Sydney we are flying Premium Economy. This is a very long flight but having looked at the facilities I think we will be able to cope. There is a touch down in Bankok on the outward journey and sometimes you are allowed off to go to an holding area. From Sydney to Auckland its economy again but this flight is only 3 hours. The touch down on our return is Singapore.

Have a look at this and tell me what you think, scroll down to the boarding at Heathrow.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/150487/

June

Hey June good to see you have not let the grass grow between your toes since you have been back:eek:

WOW it all looked amazing I could definitely live with that level of comfort and service :thumbsup: Now how to convince other half :sneaky:

How long is the time in Bangkok?

Interested to know why you have chosen route via Sydney this time & not just via Singapore each way? Being nosey :rolleyes:

Dewb

JohnThePom Apr 13th 2010 9:55 pm

We did that trip from Manchester last October (except our final flight was Sydney to Wellington). Only we did it all economy. I've got to admit the premium economy looks very tempting. It's a heck of a long flight as you know.

I'm quite envious :)

Margaret Parkinson Apr 13th 2010 9:59 pm

The reason we decided to look at other options was Singapore Airlines now have a touch down in Munich for about 1 hour. We found them to be very good but as we are getting older we find the journey is harder and my hubby said he did not want to go again unless we went business class which was out of the question. The Travel Agent I book I asked her to look at other options for us and this is what she came up with. She used to go to school with Gail and has been in the travel business since she was 16. Another reason we book with her is that her Company have a good deal re insurance. We have found this difficult since my husband had an heart attack in 1998 and now has angina and is on all sorts of medication. We do not have to declare anything as long as we are not travelling against doctors orders, are fit to travel and are not having tests for anything. Last year the insurance was £175 for the 2 of us for 42 days this time its 47 days and it £247. You can only get the deal with the insurance if you book the flights or holiday with her Company. When we have gone to Spain for 2 weeks we have paid £119 in the past with her it was £44 when we went away last September and its gone to £57 when we go away in May. What I do is look at flights etc on line give her a ring and she will better it our match it.

I am telling you all this because if anyone is interested I can send a private message with the details. They are fully covered with ATOL etc.

We are spending the kids inheritance it was their choice to move to NZ. lol

Dewb09 Apr 13th 2010 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 8493866)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

Dewb

BEVS Apr 13th 2010 11:36 pm

That looks just so brilliant . I would be very tempted with that myself.

I'm with Dewb. I'm pleased to read that you have already sorted out your return trip.

I'd be very interested in the details re. the insurance etc June. Not for me but I have a couple of friends with older parents and one of them was just saying to me yesterday that her Mum felt the insurance costs & arduous flights were prohibitive for another visit. It would be good to be able to send over those details. They live up Norf !

harrogate girl Apr 14th 2010 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 8493866)
The reason we decided to look at other options was Singapore Airlines now have a touch down in Munich for about 1 hour. We found them to be very good but as we are getting older we find the journey is harder and my hubby said he did not want to go again unless we went business class which was out of the question. The Travel Agent I book I asked her to look at other options for us and this is what she came up with. She used to go to school with Gail and has been in the travel business since she was 16. Another reason we book with her is that her Company have a good deal re insurance. We have found this difficult since my husband had an heart attack in 1998 and now has angina and is on all sorts of medication. We do not have to declare anything as long as we are not travelling against doctors orders, are fit to travel and are not having tests for anything. Last year the insurance was £175 for the 2 of us for 42 days this time its 47 days and it £247. You can only get the deal with the insurance if you book the flights or holiday with her Company. When we have gone to Spain for 2 weeks we have paid £119 in the past with her it was £44 when we went away last September and its gone to £57 when we go away in May. What I do is look at flights etc on line give her a ring and she will better it our match it.

I am telling you all this because if anyone is interested I can send a private message with the details. They are fully covered with ATOL etc.

Hi You both are just unable to keep away!!!!!!!!still I will be looking forward to your post again.
I have my Neice in Mach 2011 to fly from Manchester so I will pass on your info hope to see her in Sydney for a few day first.:thumbsup: for girly time out:thumbsup:

MnB Apr 14th 2010 5:38 am

[QUOTE=

We are spending the kids inheritance it was their choice to move to NZ. lol[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:Good on you!! Seems that we're attempting to do the same;);)

Hopefully we'll be following your example and be regular visitors, so thanks for all the information!!
B x

AndyR Apr 15th 2010 9:44 pm

If you fly premium its soooo much nicer! We flew premium a few times with Virgin from LHR to LAX by using upgrade miles from our credit card and it makes such a difference.

When we flew to NZ we went with Air NZ from Heathrow to LA to Auckland. We originally booked economy the whole way but 3 days before we flew out, AirNZ phoned us up and asked us if we wanted to upgrade to premium for 100GBP each on the LA to Auckland leg. We did and it was amazing! There was only us in the premium section so the flight crew were amazing and we were able to lay accross all the seats. Best flight I've ever taken and didn't seem like 13hrs!

Enjoy your flight!