Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our local cinema in Rangiora

Our local cinema in Rangiora

Old May 11th 2005, 2:00 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our local cinema in Rangiora

Its really this big .... about as big as our sitting room lol
Old May 11th 2005, 6:18 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our local cinema in Rangiora

Originally Posted by sky

Are there big multi-plex cinemas in Chch like in the UK?
Old May 11th 2005, 8:40 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Are there big multi-plex cinemas in Chch like in the UK?
Yes there's one in most Malls. I just like our local one cos it's so little
Old May 12th 2005, 1:11 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

looks very similar to our local arthouse cinema

http://www.metrocinema.co.nz/

certainly more fun than a multiplex, you can grab a nice coffee and bikkie (with real cup and saucer) and it really is like being in your own home in some ways.
Old May 12th 2005, 1:28 am
Franklin

Yoo! That's cool! So cozy!

Originally Posted by sky

Old May 12th 2005, 5:00 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

the one in Arrowtown is smaller than that!It has big comfy armchairs and the best bit, it has an interval.
Old May 12th 2005, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by deedee
the one in Arrowtown is smaller than that!It has big comfy armchairs and the best bit, it has an interval.

My sister worked in Queenstown for a year and she and her boyfriend would go to that cinema all the time as they just LOVED it. I have never been to the cinema but I loved Arrowtown. In fact that whole area is my most favourite part of new zealand I think. Do you know Deer Park Heights Deedee?? Had a very happy time there.
Old May 12th 2005, 7:43 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

Originally Posted by Cassa
My sister worked in Queenstown for a year and she and her boyfriend would go to that cinema all the time as they just LOVED it. I have never been to the cinema but I loved Arrowtown. In fact that whole area is my most favourite part of new zealand I think. Do you know Deer Park Heights Deedee?? Had a very happy time there.
I lived opposite Deer Park Heights for the best part of a year,on the face at the bottom of the Remarkables.It is indeed a wonderful spot, as is Arrowtown.Probably my fav too, only just too many people for it to be perfect. Central Otago is pretty special on the whole though.
Old May 12th 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by deedee
I lived opposite Deer Park Heights for the best part of a year,on the face at the bottom of the Remarkables.It is indeed a wonderful spot, as is Arrowtown.Probably my fav too, only just too many people for it to be perfect. Central Otago is pretty special on the whole though.

I have to say my best experience while being in NZ was at the Deer Park Heights. We were right at the top and looking over hte most amazing scenery with the stags in the background. It was amazing. We are going back in a few weeks time. I love it down there. My sister is missing it so much that I think she will come back soon.
Old May 12th 2005, 9:29 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

Originally Posted by Cassa
I have to say my best experience while being in NZ was at the Deer Park Heights. We were right at the top and looking over hte most amazing scenery with the stags in the background. It was amazing. We are going back in a few weeks time. I love it down there. My sister is missing it so much that I think she will come back soon.

If you havn't already, take a drive up the Remarables ski field road.Its free of snow at present and the view from just short of the top is breath taking.You can actually look down onto the top of DPH.You can also see both ends of Wakatip at the same time and look over Arrowtown
I spent many hours walking that hillside mustering and never once got tired of the view.Enjoy it, now is the quietest time.