Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our laptop is buggered

Our laptop is buggered

Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:32 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Our laptop is buggered

The power cord is new. The battery was fried a long time ago, so it has to run off the mains for now. Can't get a battery for it in this hemisphere according to HP NZ, anyway.

The inside power thingy (I'm so technical!) needs some kind of work doing to it, soldering or some such.

Anyone got any experience doing this, or have a recommendation for where we should take it (Porirua area preferably).

Am bringing it in to work on Monday so the lads downstairs can burn a bunch of stuff to DVD for me.

So I'll be offline until... uh, it's fixed, I guess. Really don't want to get a different laptop as this one has our US iTunes on it, even though we'll be backing everything up.

TTFN (someone please let me know if meetups change?... thanks luvvies )
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our laptop is buggered

Originally Posted by Maz View Post

The power cord is new. The battery was fried a long time ago, so it has to run off the mains for now. Can't get a battery for it in this hemisphere according to HP NZ, anyway.

The inside power thingy (I'm so technical!) needs some kind of work doing to it, soldering or some such.

Anyone got any experience doing this, or have a recommendation for where we should take it (Porirua area preferably).

Am bringing it in to work on Monday so the lads downstairs can burn a bunch of stuff to DVD for me.

So I'll be offline until... uh, it's fixed, I guess. Really don't want to get a different laptop as this one has our US iTunes on it, even though we'll be backing everything up.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:10 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Danny ......... now thats naughty .................................................. .................................................. ............................................ but nice !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Maz
Yeah right !!! sure we will

Last edited by Ted Logan; Feb 29th 2008 at 7:12 am.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan View Post
Danny ......... now thats naughty .................................................. .................................................. ............................................ but nice !!!!!!!

Yeah right !!! sure we will
Silence is golden!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:20 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by danny.f View Post
Silence is golden!
"It's all gone quiet over there
It's all gone quiet over there
It's all gone quiet
All gone quiet
It's all gone quiet over there"
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

You are naughty boys and you will both get your bottoms smacked when Maz is back on line (you / she might even enjoy it)
Now leave the whiskey alone and off to bed with you both.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Winter hibernator

<burp>
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

<burp>
Pass me the bottle bro,where are we? Hic!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:40 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Pass me the bottle bro,where are we? Hic!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:43 am
Winter hibernator

"We don't know what we're saying
We don't know what we're saying"

Make mine a large one Danny !! Oh and don't forget the ice this time
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dreamfish View Post
That fish reminds me of ....erm....nah. it's gone.
More whiskey.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:47 am

More whiskey.
not the nanny off channel 4?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:48 am
Winter hibernator

More whiskey.
Mermaids or sushi, one of the two me thinks
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:52 am

Mermaids or sushi, one of the two me thinks
you know what? i dont really know what to say to that. trying to think something witty...... something about a slice of ginger.