Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our ITA is ready to go....

View Poll Results: How far along in the process are you.....
Just thinking about it really at the moment...
16.67%
Still filling out our EOI but not submitted yet...
0%
Submitted our EOI but not selected yet...
0%
EOI been selected and waiting to see if we've been successful...
11.11%
EOI Successful and ITA issued/received...
16.67%
ITA submitted and waiting for decision...
27.78%
PR issued, bags packed and ready for the off...woohoo...
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Our ITA is ready to go....

Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:13 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Our ITA is ready to go....

Woohoo, finally got it all in order, dotted the I's, crossed the T's, done the longest ever covering letter and put it all in a nice pink box and we're off to London on Friday to hand deliver unless I get too impatient - which is a distinct possibility - and post it before then!!!...

Time for a big glass of fizz methinks....well, maybe later, don't want anyone to think that this process has turned me into an alcoholic or anything!!!

...Pinkie heaves a huge sigh of relief that everything is finally ready to go and wanders off to make some blueberry muffins instead of opening the fizz..all is peachy in my world today...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:48 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Our ITA is ready to go....

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Woohoo, finally got it all in order, dotted the I's, crossed the T's, done the longest ever covering letter and put it all in a nice pink box and we're off to London on Friday to hand deliver unless I get too impatient - which is a distinct possibility - and post it before then!!!...

Time for a big glass of fizz methinks....well, maybe later, don't want anyone to think that this process has turned me into an alcoholic or anything!!!

...Pinkie heaves a huge sigh of relief that everything is finally ready to go and wanders off to make some blueberry muffins instead of opening the fizz..all is peachy in my world today...

Hooray, well done, remember to give it a big kiss (but no lipstick, they might think that's a bit weird!).

Hope you get a quick response, fingers crossed for you,
Jan
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:01 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! See the Sudoku pressure actually helped you work quicker
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Congratulations Pinkie!!!!

Good luck with it all!

Hope you hear something soon

Love Cathy x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Panda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant future

Nice one Pinkie, hope it all goes well
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, the worst is probably now over, (apart from the worry of acceptance) . Oh and the " Did I fill that bit in Ok!"

No seriously after the grand that this is going to cost you (and the rest of us) are there any more costs involved between the ITA submission and the visa's being stamped in your passport? I don't think there are, but this bit with the medicals will seriously damage the bank balance, and the fright of another fee payable could affect long term health (wealth).
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:06 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Congratulations, the worst is probably now over, (apart from the worry of acceptance) . Oh and the " Did I fill that bit in Ok!"

No seriously after the grand that this is going to cost you (and the rest of us) are there any more costs involved between the ITA submission and the visa's being stamped in your passport? I don't think there are, but this bit with the medicals will seriously damage the bank balance, and the fright of another fee payable could affect long term health (wealth).
Thanks for all your good wishes guys and gals...

The only cost left to pay for us is the £8 congestion fee to drive into London
(paid already on line here https://www.cclondon.com/secure/dyna...Licence_W.aspx )

and the carparking fee (about £5 maybe??)...

oh and maybe lunch somewhere nice in London..

and the petrol there and back - but all of this is still cheaper than getting all those certified copies done!!...

but other than that ermm, dear god, I hope not!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 1st 2005 at 9:21 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:09 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

This one's on me. oh yes you're not boozing, ah well 'll jush ava jink i' meshelf...cheershpinkie

phlllllll
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:13 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by 80s Chick

This one's on me. oh yes you're not boozing, ah well 'll jush ava jink i' meshelf...cheershpinkie

phlllllll
Hi Phyl..I wasn't drinking at 3.15pm this afternoon but I'll certainly have a glass with you now!!! Cheers...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:07 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Pinkie pie

I sent our I.T.A off and it was received on the 26th July ( a week ago ) so I know exactly how you are feeling. Good luck and in a few weeks time you will receive the fruits for all your hard work

Its a good feeling when its been delivered and you can sit back with drink in hand and wait

and wait
and wait
and wait
and wait

But I have no doubt it will be worth it.......... Congratulations and good wishes on the final part of this long journey

Can anybody tell me what you get in your passport, is it a sticker, a stamp and my wifes passport expires in 2007 so how would I transfer what ever it is into the new passport

Thanks to everyone on this Expats site you are all worth your weight in gold
Cheers

K9
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:42 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by K9s
Pinkie pie

I sent our I.T.A off and it was received on the 26th July ( a week ago ) so I know exactly how you are feeling. Good luck and in a few weeks time you will receive the fruits for all your hard work

Its a good feeling when its been delivered and you can sit back with drink in hand and wait

and wait
and wait
and wait
and wait

But I have no doubt it will be worth it.......... Congratulations and good wishes on the final part of this long journey

Can anybody tell me what you get in your passport, is it a sticker, a stamp and my wifes passport expires in 2007 so how would I transfer what ever it is into the new passport

Cheers

K9
Hi K9

Budge up then and make room for us in the waiting queue...will it ever end!!! yes, hopefully in about a month's time it'll all be done and dusted and then the fun can begin!!! Although if I sit back with a drink in my hand for the next 4 weeks I am going to be a flaming alcoholic...

What you get in your passport is a blue sticker which looks lovely... as long as your wife's passport will be valid for at least a year after the stickers go in you will be alright to get them put in initially...what happens after that I must confess I have no idea - I renewed all of our passports that didn't have too long left on them so we are ok until the year dot now!!! I would ask your visa officer what you should do - it must be something they come across fairly regularly...

Good luck to you too...hope they don't keep you waiting too long...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:07 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo way to go Caroline

Another step down so I guess the next one will be all the waiting. No doubt if your anything like me waiting on immigration you will want everything done & approved yesterday but of course we all know it just doesnt work that way.
Someone once told me that after all the stress of waiting & interviews etc one day we would look back on all of this & laugh......havent reached that point yet so can sympathise with you with the waiting that is ahead of you. Remember one day at a time until its all over & you will be just fine.
Now for a while at least you can sit back & relax a little while you wait it out!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

K9[/QUOTE]

I sent my old passport back with three years left to run, they'll add a maximum 9 months on to the new 10 year passport and because it wasn't out of date, and still looked similar to old photo, I didn't have to get the countersigning bit done by anyone.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:49 am
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by k9s

Cheers

K9
I sent my old passport back with three years left to run, they'll add a maximum 9 months on to the new 10 year passport and because it wasn't out of date, and still looked similar to old photo, I didn't have to get the countersigning bit done by anyone.
Hi Planty

Yeah, I did the same...it's funny how we don't change much in looks over 10 years - maybe a bit more crinkled and cuddlier but still recognisable!!! My passport was due to run out in Aug 06 so sent if off to get it renewed so that the visa stickers wouldn't need sorting out for the next ten years at least by which time we should be bona fide NZ'ers...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you remember your migrant levy fee £115 each up to a maximum of £460!

after the blue stickers have been issued you can have them put into new passports - for a fee! - same with your returning residents visa's if they're still valid

Last edited by Joshlin; Aug 2nd 2005 at 5:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.