Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our flights are booked!!!!!!!!

Our flights are booked!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Our flights are booked!!!!!!!!

We have booked our flights. I can't believe it. I feel really excited, and all of a sudden a bit sick at finally doing something concrete towards our move!

We are flying from Manchester on 19th October with Singapore Airlines, as I read on here they are good when you have little nippers.

Just got to decorate, de-clutter and sell house. Save some dosh. Look into areas, schools, kindergartens.......................... I had better get a wriggle on!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:39 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our flights are booked!!!!!!!!

Great time of year to be flying and you've chosen one of the best airlines so that's a good start .

Busy few months ahead of you, sometimes it'll feel like a doing a jigsaw without knowing what the picture looks like or which pieces should be done first ...... but it does come right at the end .
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nerine View Post
Great time of year to be flying and you've chosen one of the best airlines so that's a good start .

Busy few months ahead of you, sometimes it'll feel like a doing a jigsaw without knowing what the picture looks like or which pieces should be done first ...... but it does come right at the end .
Well done, we are also flying out with Singapore airlines leaving on 15 June got so much to sort out.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

I know! You just wonder where to start don't you!

I guess a list is going to be my best bet. I love lists. never get down to the bottom, but it makes you look organised!

Have you got to see your house too?

lou
xx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry. Sell your house!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:47 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Excited and scared here too....depends on the day and whether things are going our way

Congrats on booking those flights.... personally I think that's the hardest thing to do emotionally.....so far
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tan

Thanks!

Yes, you're right. Once they are booked, you just feel that that is it. you are defenitely coming. I just thought about Hubbys Nan who is in her 80,s and felt sad that he amy not see her again. I haven't thought about her up until now. Strange.

When are you heading to hamilton then?

Lou
xx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:12 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

We too would be leaving Hubby's gran....and kids great gran Is a very hard concept to get your head round so understand your feelings entirely.

Leave on the 20th May with Singapore and have a stop over. Arrive 23rd

...and all this whether house sells or not

Good luck with the planning!

Tan
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Our flights are booked!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANT WAIT TO SEE MY BESTEST MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEY!!!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

YEAHHHHH!!!! Right back at ya! Blenheim Betty!!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Good Luck with the house and all!!!!!
I hope to book my flights real soon too!!!
I feel a bit of a pattern develpoing here, I am off to sunny Blenhiem and my bezzie mate is going to windy Welly... Is it something in the water?
Lisa x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

Thanx!

Oooh! That is strange! Seems to be loads of Welly bound folk on here.

Who are you going to fly with?

PL
xx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Emirates, been checking prices out today going off OH recommendation following his Planes, trains and automobiles recce in Nov. He flew just about every airline when his flight was delayed!!!! Really hope it won't happen when three kids in tow
lisa x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:05 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nerine View Post

sometimes it'll feel like a doing a jigsaw without knowing what the picture looks like or which pieces should be done first ...... but it does come right at the end .
Very philosophical reply
I feel a bit like that just now, heads all over the place and no matter how i try to plan things none of it seems to be a very good plan just hope someone up there looking down knows what the picture looks like cos i feel like im going round in circles (bit like the wee guy on the left).
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi nearly Nurse,

I know just what you mean. It's hard to plan for somewhere you have never been, and something you have never done before!! It's not for the faint-hearted thats for sure! We are a brave bunch aren't we!

What area are you looking at?

PL
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.