Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

our emigration to NZ

our emigration to NZ

Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough
Smile our emigration to NZ

Hello my name is Josh and in Oct/Nov, thanks to my good lady Mandy being offered a position at Waikato Hospital as a paediatric nurse,we will be arriving to start our new life in New Zealand.There are six in our happy tribe,myself 43,Mandy 4? (she,ll kill me for that),Joe 16,Harry 13,Tom 11 and Katie 8.We are hoping to live/rent in Hamilton at the start.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough
Default Re: our emigration to NZ

Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough

Hi Josh ,Mandy and tribe,

Welcome to this site.Ive only been a member for less than a week and I ve got some great tips on how to move.Check out the other thread "moving" and "Newcomer," youll meet some fantastic people who have a whole wealth of knowledge and experience and are eager to share with newcomers like us.Be warned though it becomes a bit addictive
Liz
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:46 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on the job. There are loads of great threads on here to help you out but any questions you have, ask away, there's always someone on here who'll be able to help out or point you in the right direction.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: our emigration to NZ

Originally Posted by joshgifford
Hello my name is Josh and in Oct/Nov, thanks to my good lady Mandy being offered a position at Waikato Hospital as a paediatric nurse,we will be arriving to start our new life in New Zealand.There are six in our happy tribe,myself 43,Mandy 4? (she,ll kill me for that),Joe 16,Harry 13,Tom 11 and Katie 8.We are hoping to live/rent in Hamilton at the start.

Hi Josh

Congrats we are due to fly to Hamilton on 20th only 10days to go
Hope everything goes well with move if you want to give us a shout when you get there we should be old hands at it then

I'm Jan , OH Ian and Alex & Aimee 11yrs twins:curse:
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Are we the only ones moving out WITHOUT kids? Feeling a bit left out.

Liz
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Joshgifford.
Wish I was a 4?. Such a good age to be. Welcome to this forum. Happy posting .

We moved out with no kids Pauliz. Still have no kids and it's a bit late for that now. We moved out with two cats though & have now added two pooping ducks if they count at all. That makes 6 in our tribe too
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

now I feel better! We have 2 cats too and 12 pond fish,,x number of frogs[do they count?] and god knows what other pond life the cats will be coming but sadly the fish will have to stay.They go with the house so any prospective buyers need to be able to take them on.
I always fancied having chickens maybe that dream can be fullfilled when I get to NZ
liz
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

does that mean we can put you down for baby sitting duties in Nz ?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Joshgifford, if the price is right why not.Whats the going rate for baby sitting these days Used to get 10 bob years ago.
hm now thats an idea for a second income if my dollars dont go as far as expected
liz
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:09 am
`

AArrgg ! Don't do it Pauliz.
We just 'babysat' a couple of kids for some friends so they could have a weekend to themselves for the first time in a couple of years. No sweat. Got it all planned . Kept 'em fed watered and interested with stuff to do.
Parents came to pick them up and all was hunky dory.
Me and Him? Totally and utterly knackered out come Sunday night. Was in our pit by 9pm
Cats and ducks don't do this to us.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:36 am
`

Originally Posted by pauliz
now I feel better! We have 2 cats too and 12 pond fish,,x number of frogs[do they count?] and god knows what other pond life the cats will be coming but sadly the fish will have to stay.They go with the house so any prospective buyers need to be able to take them on.
I always fancied having chickens maybe that dream can be fullfilled when I get to NZ
liz
Fish and frogs count. Pond life does not. You emigrate to get away from that. We had pond life move into a rental house close to us. Bloody nightmare it was wot with noise and threats. Upset us and all our lovely old neighbours we had lived with in peace for ten years. On 2nd thoughts about that particular neighbour, it's probably an insult to pond life.

Our cats came with us. No cats - no go to NZ !

My budgies , bourkes and fish had to stay. Fish went to a friend and the birds went to the public aviary in Bournemouth Gardens and to my lovely old Dad . Frogs stayed under the shed and the resident squirrel stayed up the tree ready to charm the next owners.
My ginger cat brought the squirrel home one day, just for that extra bit of fun. I spent half the afternoon on the dining room table with a broom in one hand. That squirrel was not impressed with the home visit I can tell you. Have you seen a squirrel when its very very very angry. They leap for the throat - I kid you not

I've also always wanted to keep chickens. Next door neighbour has 4 chickens . We are planning on keeping just a couple and have offers of donated chickens from various folk once the coop is built. It's being built by a friend as I sit here typing. He's also building the duck house. The ducks have been residing , resplendant in our sleep-out since they arrived. It's gotta stop, as I had marked that as my art and hobby studio. I can't do that if covered in pea straw and ducks poop. Doesn't go well with the arty image if I resemble Mrs Wurzel Gummidge.

Of course it would make better financial sense to rent out the sleep-out for a few dollar more [ rather like a bed-sit affair] but himself ,husbando has the garage/workshed and the space under the house for blokes things, so I've claimed the sleep-out.

Meet me ducks, though we have just two now. Woo and Boo. Two of the boys had to go . Three drakes would be too much for one duck. Four ducks were too much for our lawn. The cat you see is TylerBaBa, my ginger puss that tohught I might like to get up close and personal with a squirrel.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 25th 2012 at 3:21 am.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS here
AArrgg ! Don't do it Pauliz.
We just 'babysat' a couple of kids for some friends so they could have a weekend to themselves for the first time in a couple of years. No sweat. Got it all planned . Kept 'em fed watered and interested with stuff to do.
Parents came to pick them up and all was hunky dory.
Me and Him? Totally and utterly knackered out come Sunday night. Was in our pit by 9pm
Cats and ducks don't do this to us.
schuuuuuuuuuuussh! bev don,t put liz of the idea
josh
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

HA HA HA Bevs,your story about pond life made me laugh.
Years ago my dad used to breed birds and eventually gave them all to an aviary in Lancaster and my mum got three ducks as they"needed a home".The ducks destroyed my dads prize garden so the ducks had to be rehomed.Poor mum was devastated but they released them onto a pond at a local golf club in Wigan.She often drove up to check on them??? How she could pick out her three in a throng[cant remember what a collection of ducks are,know its a gaggle of geese ] of about 20 is beyond me.
So youre beating me to keeping chickens,well thats good cos then I henpeck you for all the do's and dont's.
No what you mean about "no cats no Nz".Hubby has already said "youre tying us down" We have a great arrangement currently as when we go off on hols ma in law cat sits .Will have to find a foster mum to cat sit when we get out there.Hm maybe I could do a deal with Josh,swap baby sitting for cat sitting.Sure minding kids cant be too difficult, bottle of pop and a bag of crisps and some tiddleywinks to keep them amused Piece of cakebet you never thought of the tiddley winks did you??
Oh and isnt looking like Mrs Wurzel Gummidge part of loking arty?
Oh[another one] if you want to rent your sleep out for a few weeks we wouldnt mind sharing with the ducks but Im allergic to sleeping on pea straw
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Liz again, b***dy finger caught the send button :curse:before I had chance to spell check and insert my smilies.Ignore spelling mistakes and insert your own imaginary smilies.Hey, maybe that could keep the kiddies happy and educational too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.