Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our dream is over!!!!

Our dream is over!!!!

Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Our dream is over!!!!

Hi Guys,

This is just an add on from our thread "Medical Waiver NOT granted". We received the official NO letter today I have read through the reasons etc (Paul hasn't read it yet) but I wanted to share this paragraph with you all:

In this case I do not consider the principal applicant's skills as a Welder/Production Engineer (that was the title of the job offer he had from NZ) represent a particularly significant potential contribution to NZ. I do accept that he meet the Skilled Migrant policy and has skills to offer in his field but I do not believe that his contribution will be significant.

Firstly Paul has been a Production Manager for the last 8 years and only went back to welding to help with our application, but to say he is not significant is just a smack in the mouth, we accept that Jordan's CF would be a high cost and that is fair enough, we always knew it was a long shot but we had to try (£2500 later) but it was worth the try.

We will not be appealing as now after looking in more detail it come to light that the NZ health system is pretty 2nd rate, so this would not be good enough for our eldest child, and to be honest NZ are not worthy of any contribution we could have made towards them (after the letter).

Now enough of my winge, this thread will be our last. We wanna say a massive THANK YOU to you all for your help and support over the months and we wish every single one of you all the luck in world with your NZ eendeavorsand hope that it is everything you want it to be. We are still going to move away from Lincolnshire as Jordan has never really like it here, haven't decided yet maybe a total change of scene, new jobs, new area and new kind of living.

Thanks again lots of love and luck.

Claire, Paul, Jordan and Anya xx (The 4 that make up the Hopkins Clan)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:18 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our dream is over!!!!

Commiserations mate. Not good news, but the health of your nipper is slightly important.
However,if you fancy an Island life with all the peace and quiet NZ would offer, you can have my three bed semi for 165k.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:39 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news. Not much I can say really but I hope that your future in the Uk is a happy one !!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Guys,

This is just an add on from our thread "Medical Waiver NOT granted". We received the official NO letter today I have read through the reasons etc (Paul hasn't read it yet) but I wanted to share this paragraph with you all:

In this case I do not consider the principal applicant's skills as a Welder/Production Engineer (that was the title of the job offer he had from NZ) represent a particularly significant potential contribution to NZ. I do accept that he meet the Skilled Migrant policy and has skills to offer in his field but I do not believe that his contribution will be significant.

Firstly Paul has been a Production Manager for the last 8 years and only went back to welding to help with our application, but to say he is not significant is just a smack in the mouth, we accept that Jordan's CF would be a high cost and that is fair enough, we always knew it was a long shot but we had to try (£2500 later) but it was worth the try.

We will not be appealing as now after looking in more detail it come to light that the NZ health system is pretty 2nd rate, so this would not be good enough for our eldest child, and to be honest NZ are not worthy of any contribution we could have made towards them (after the letter).

Now enough of my winge, this thread will be our last. We wanna say a massive THANK YOU to you all for your help and support over the months and we wish every single one of you all the luck in world with your NZ eendeavorsand hope that it is everything you want it to be. We are still going to move away from Lincolnshire as Jordan has never really like it here, haven't decided yet maybe a total change of scene, new jobs, new area and new kind of living.

oh dear , for once i'm stuck for words, but i wish you all the very best fpor a happy & healthy future
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Claire, you must be devastated.
Something better will come along for you, good luck to you and your family
Donna and Dannyf
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura about

When one door closes another one opens, sorry to hear the bad news.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:09 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry for you all ... I think you will get better care for you son in the UK anyways though and I think you would have risked his health unknowingly coming to NZ.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:46 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry that your hopes and dreams have be shattered...I wish you all the very best for whatever you decide to do next. And wishes you all the very best for your new life where ever that may be

Mandie x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

That letter sounds a harsh refusal. So sorry to see your dreams shattered.
Perhaps now isn't the right time for you to go to NZ. (speaking as someone who tried and failed to get to OZ)
Good luck with your future plans and may your child receive good health care in UK
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck,
Remeber the whole of Europe is open to you.....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:44 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Guys,

Hello, Fate has dealt you a bit of a blow for now but to be honest - the climate here is not good for lung-related problems. Also, my sister has 2 special needs children and the benefits she gets in the UK she would NEVER get here. I hope you've got that level of care for your son. My mother in law has a life long disease too and the benefits to her in the UK are also much better than here. More support, Motability, experienced health professionals. - you would have to fight for that here.

I know how it feels to be rejected when your hubby has jumped through hoops to get to NZ but it wasn't meant to be. Try to look at what's good there for you. I'm sorry your dream has ended. Sometimes what's under your nose is what you need for this part of life's journey and you'll find another door opening for you and your family at a later stage.
All the best.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

Hi Claire, so sorry to hear this, i was just browsing this forum i am usually on the Australian one as we are in the process of applying ourselves, we also have a little one with cystic fibrosis and have been told it is unlikley we will be granted one on these grounds but know that a family have just been granted a pr visa to go to oz with a little one with cf. Just wanted to say hi realy from one cf mum to another, i realy feel for you at this time,

Take care,
Rachey
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:20 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire, so sorry to hear your sad news. Like everyone has said it may well be a blessing in disguise even if it doesn't feel like that now.
{{hugs to you}}
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:44 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your refusal and I wish you all the best in whatever you do.

Dont leave us though. Pay us a visit from time to time and let us know what you decide and where you go
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:24 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news Claire but you never know what's around the corner. I hope everything works out for you and your son keeps in good health. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.