British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Our cat burglar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/our-cat-burglar-753647/)

Kija Apr 3rd 2012 12:47 am

Our cat burglar

So at 4am we hear a thumping on the window and scuffling in the house, we jump out of bed and call the security company we use (Main Security, they're excellent might I add) and they decide it's best to call the police, which they do. A few minutes later the police is here circling the house to see if there's been a break in.

They don't find any signs of intrusion so they come to inspect the house from the inside only to find a cat burglar. The cat burglar panics and tries to make a getaway from an old cat door only to find it's locked shut.

One of the three burly policemen gently apprehends the cat burglar and carries him out of the house. It's apparently a neighbour's cat. It's a great mystery how it got in! :ohmy:

Fabulous response time and the policemen were very efficient and observant!

MrsFychan Apr 3rd 2012 1:31 am

Re: Our cat burglar

glad is was just a cat and at least you know the police will come out at a reasonable speed.
You might want to look at the cat flap as our one in the UK could be locked so the cat could get back in but not out.

lets hope neighbours cat has learnt his lesson now :D

Kija Apr 3rd 2012 2:25 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9986110)
glad is was just a cat and at least you know the police will come out at a reasonable speed.
You might want to look at the cat flap as our one in the UK could be locked so the cat could get back in but not out.

lets hope neighbours cat has learnt his lesson now :D

ooooh! Thanks! Mystery solved! Thank God the kitty didn't get stuck in our garage and die of thirst and starvation or something.

Charismatic Apr 4th 2012 11:55 am

Maybe they where attracted by the warmth? Mine (as much as a cat can ever belong to anyone) seem to sleep on the bed 23 hours a day and view the intrusion of humans into their lives as a major inconvenience :p.

Kija Apr 5th 2012 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 9988775)
Maybe they where attracted by the warmth? Mine (as much as a cat can ever belong to anyone) seem to sleep on the bed 23 hours a day and view the intrusion of humans into their lives as a major inconvenience :p.

I have no idea why this cat choose to come into our house but I'm extremely relieved it didn't choose to jump into our bed while we were asleep, that would have been the stuff of heart attacks for sure :rofl:

The police think maybe he/she lived in this house before, who knows why cats do the things they do :lol:

Jan n Neil Apr 5th 2012 4:59 am

Why do you feel the need for a security company in NZ ? i didnt think we had anywhere that rough :eek:

Neil

Kija Apr 6th 2012 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 9989994)
Why do you feel the need for a security company in NZ ? i didnt think we had anywhere that rough :eek:

Neil

You're right, and the area we live in is very nice and the people are lovely. But coming from a place where we eventually had to put iron bars on the windows and feeling a tad vulnerable here with so many windows, we had an alarm system installed. It's more psychological than actual need although there have been a couple if incidents near our place.