British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Ouch!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ouch-640442/)

Tranmere Rover Nov 13th 2009 5:49 am

Ouch!!!

Just had to pay for two flights from that London to Auckland (and back!) next month for my two eldest daughters who live there with their mum. The daft pair have dithered all year about whether they were coming out here - I kept saying if they left it too late it would get tricky. Anyways, they finally decided they'd do it this week, so I had to get the flights organised (and, might I add, paid for!!). Managed to find two seats on the right dates - $4000 EACH!! And that's economy!!!

If there's a moral to this story, it's got to be about planning. Meantime, I've just had to part with eight THOUSAND of the Queen's New Zealand dollars right before Christmas.

But on the plus side, my babies will all be together for Christmas, so on that basis, cheap at half the price (or summat like that....)

Now for a stiff drink before I tell the Mrs.......:eek:

Justcol Nov 13th 2009 6:44 am

Re: Ouch!!!

Cheap at twice the price for a family christmas

Kija Nov 13th 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover (Post 8096217)
Just had to pay for two flights from that London to Auckland (and back!) next month for my two eldest daughters who live there with their mum. The daft pair have dithered all year about whether they were coming out here - I kept saying if they left it too late it would get tricky. Anyways, they finally decided they'd do it this week, so I had to get the flights organised (and, might I add, paid for!!). Managed to find two seats on the right dates - $4000 EACH!! And that's economy!!!

If there's a moral to this story, it's got to be about planning. Meantime, I've just had to part with eight THOUSAND of the Queen's New Zealand dollars right before Christmas.

But on the plus side, my babies will all be together for Christmas, so on that basis, cheap at half the price (or summat like that....)

Now for a stiff drink before I tell the Mrs.......:eek:

:eek:

But then family is priceless :)

Margaret Parkinson Nov 13th 2009 1:26 pm

My son booked his flight in February flying with Cathay Pacific 27th December until 18th January he paid £896. He is visiting my Daughter & family (his sister). They say curiosity killed the cat but in his case he was pleased he had a look last week because now his flight is now £2750.

We booked ours in June with Singapore Airlines going 23th January until 6th March. We had to pay £1303 each but our flights are no longer available.

So it does pay to book early. Also, if you book with a travel agent and only pay a deposit when you do pay the balance it will be the price on that day.

Anyway that's the price you pay for loving your family.