Ouch....!!!!!!

Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Ouch....!!!!!!

Yesterday i had to be taken into hospital after a nasty fall at our new rental house. I have to say that the emergency care (casualty) was superb and a far speedier experience than would have been the case in the UK at what were our local casualty units there.

After my rather painful accident we were not sure what i was covered for in terms of medical care or how/where to get it but a call to my wifes workmates(luckliy she was at home) sorted it out. After thinking we had no choice but to call an ambulance and the cost involved i managed to crawl my way to the car and my wife drove me to East Care in Botany.

Health care for us is not free but to be honest having seen the way i was treated i'll happily pay for the service it was superb. I was seen by a doctor, extensively x-rayed, reseen by the doctor and given pain killers and anti inflamatory drugs.....all in cost $90..time spent there 90minutes

The service is obviously subsidised and theres flat fees for treatment that have to be paid but to me it seems like a good way to do things. I'm sure having to pay a contribution stops the raft of people attending, as they do in the UK, who should never be in casualty in the first place.

So, i didn't want to hurt myself yesterday but having done so its a big for the NZ health service.......
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ouch....!!!!!!

That's excellent. Not that you hurt yourself...the treatment.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Yesterday i had to be taken into hospital after a nasty fall at our new rental house. I have to say that the emergency care (casualty) was superb and a far speedier experience than would have been the case in the UK at what were our local casualty units there.

After my rather painful accident we were not sure what i was covered for in terms of medical care or how/where to get it but a call to my wifes workmates(luckliy she was at home) sorted it out. After thinking we had no choice but to call an ambulance and the cost involved i managed to crawl my way to the car and my wife drove me to East Care in Botany.

Health care for us is not free but to be honest having seen the way i was treated i'll happily pay for the service it was superb. I was seen by a doctor, extensively x-rayed, reseen by the doctor and given pain killers and anti inflamatory drugs.....all in cost $90..time spent there 90minutes

The service is obviously subsidised and theres flat fees for treatment that have to be paid but to me it seems like a good way to do things. I'm sure having to pay a contribution stops the raft of people attending, as they do in the UK, who should never be in casualty in the first place.

So, i didn't want to hurt myself yesterday but having done so its a big for the NZ health service.......
Thats not the NZ Health Service though, it's a private service, you wouldn't have been charged in a normal hospital, but you would have had to wait longer as people go to them with colds to avoid Doctors fees, just ask my OH!!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. Hope you're feeling better
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mickey_d
P.S. Hope you're feeling better

Feeling a bit better but seems i may have torn the gluteus maximus muscle which basically means it feels like someone is sticking a huge needle in my left arse cheek everytime i move.......and twisting it..........which is bleeding painful.

Not been the best timing to have such an injury as we have quite a lot of our 400 boxes to unpack.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Feeling a bit better but seems i may have torn the gluteus maximus muscle which basically means it feels like someone is sticking a huge needle in my left arse cheek everytime i move.......and twisting it..........which is bleeding painful.

Not been the best timing to have such an injury as we have quite a lot of our 400 boxes to unpack.
nice
Old Oct 20th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

So what exactly did you do if you hurt your bum?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:19 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

It should have been covered by ACC. If you need any more treatment it should also be covered.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your soon feeling humpty bumty!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cypherpunk
It should have been covered by ACC. If you need any more treatment it should also be covered.
ACC cover a percentage of the costs not all of it...the true cost of treatment would of been a few hundred.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

So what exactly did you do if you hurt your bum?
It was a triple salco with twist i think and must have been worthy of at least a 5.8 if anyone had been watching but is certainly not a move i'd want to practice agian in the near furture. Its been worthy of much laughter from the wife over the last few days as i move around like a 90 year old......

She's banking on me having to make things up to her by a trip to Fiji i think as it was her birthday i ruined....eekk

ACC cover a percentage of the costs not all of it...the true cost of treatment would of been a few hundred.
The cost of the treatment alone was $60. This was made up of $25 for the xrays and $35 for the doctor while the pharmacy fees came to just over $30.

It is a subsidised system with flat fees for anyoe visiting the hospital which are clearly displayed.

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 22nd 2007 at 7:53 am.