Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old May 4th 2010, 2:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Actually I have to admit to bombing out of the house last night in the pitch black and legging it down the hill to the pub. I was gone before Phil could stop me.

It was a lock-in but I very nearly rattled those doors off their hinges. When the scumbag opened the door, I let him have my anger at his complete and utter lack of consideration. No swearing. No abuse . Just straight and to the point.

His response was to tell me to fleck off & other assorted intelligent words......

..... but after that peace reigned.

Phil phoned the council today and we have requested a face to face meeting with Mr Noise Control and Mr License Officer. We can't go on like this.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:40 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually I have to admit to bombing out of the house last night in the pitch black and legging it down the hill to the pub. I was gone before Phil could stop me.

It was a lock-in but I very nearly rattled those doors off their hinges. When the scumbag opened the door, I let him have my anger at his complete and utter lack of consideration. No swearing. No abuse . Just straight and to the point.

His response was to tell me to fleck off & other assorted intelligent words......

Phil phoned the council today and we have requested a face to face meeting with Mr Noise Control and Mr License Officer. We can't go on like this.
Not good news after all your efforts with Noise control...hope you get some resolution with a meeting, if not, think about bringing your hols forward....escape....re-group...plan....unwind on the Cooks with MnB
Old May 4th 2010, 3:37 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you BEVS

Maybe take Mr BEVS with you next time just in case it turns nasty though it looks like you can look after yourself
Hope that meeting with the council goes well, they must be able to do something surely
Old May 4th 2010, 6:23 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you BEVS.
Old May 4th 2010, 7:15 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey Bevs
sounds like a whole lot of hassle
good luck with your meetings
wishing you and Mr Bevs good luck with it all
you deserve that holiday
Old May 7th 2010, 9:38 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS my lovely... I was thinking about you the other night & your noise issue....

Hmm I hope it gets sorted soon!

Let us know!

xxx
Old May 7th 2010, 6:04 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are still being plagued by these low lives

Hope you get some joy with a meeting with the noise control people.

Maybe you could hold them hostage in your house so they can experience first hand what is like to live like this ridiculous anti social behaviour

you get some resolve soon.

D xxx
Old May 7th 2010, 7:56 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Some people are a right pain!! We have had noisy neighbour trouble in the past and it can send you quite mad. I don't think you ever really quite get over it, I havn't and it does affect all future plans for where you want to live. Criteria changes alot. Some like big kitchens, some a lovely swimming pool but us... NO FRIGGING NEIGHBOURS!!! Quite simple.
I really hope you can get this sorted soon.
Loads of positive vibes for you
Old May 7th 2010, 8:00 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

AAAArrrrgggghhhhhhhh !

Stinking tosspots & lowlifes !

There. I feel better now.
I didn't see this at the time but it's a coincidence I've logged on this morning because yesterday we had a HUGE argument with our neighbour TWO hours of a harley davidson on full throttle with nowhere to get away from it - my heart was banging like a drum with the absolute invasiveness of it. I rang noise control but because it was intermittent there was nothing they could do. I went around and when hubby heard him deny that it had been going on so long, he lost the plot and I don't think we'll be swapping Christmas cards this year Not that we ever did cos he's a p****. He restores big old American cars and if it's not revving engines it's grinders and other machinery - it's just not right to invade other people's space like that.

I'm so sorry that you've had to put up with this so long Bevs. Have you thought of Fair Go? Or even Talkback? F e c k them - if they can't be civilised then anything's allowed in defence.
Old May 8th 2010, 1:34 am
`

my heart was banging like a drum
That's made me smile. That was me. I was just so mad.

I agree abut not getting over it really. Even when there is no noise , we are sort of waiting for it to start.

Just so anyone looking in knows. We didn't buy a house next or near to a pub or with neighbours right close by.

This problem came to us . Not us to them.

The pub used to be a lovely restaurant which occasionally had entertainment and music. The house next door is not close by but the owner rents out both the house and the sleepout This isn't a rubbish place either . This is a million $$+ property. Not that ours is.

Needless to say the lowlife from next door frequent the lowlife pub.

I'm told that on Wednesday night the police were called to outside of the pub. Easter Friday there was a fight outside of this pub and the lad that rents next doors' sleep-out was arrested.

We have been advised to simply keep on logging the noise complaints & that the council are 'building up a picture' of the current problem. They are also now looking into compliance issues .

Sorry you are also having noise issues Batty. Continuous machinery noise and engine revving can be every bit as stressful
Old May 8th 2010, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

So sorry to hear the trouble you are having Bevm !!!!! it seems hard to believe that in a small village you would have to put up with that.

Could you perhaps get out of your lease and move on.

I ecperienced this problem when I lived in Melbourne and it effected my health something awful,so my heart goes out to you.
Old May 8th 2010, 5:03 am
`

Cheers IG. We're not renting . We own our house.

I think excessive noise and certain anti-social behaviours are a growing problem for our small village.
Old May 8th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

My current rental is the first place in NZ where we havent had major aggro from selfish neighbours. Drums, cars, bikes, stereo bass, loud parties , u name it this place is full of them.

100% Pure noisy place
Old May 8th 2010, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
My current rental is the first place in NZ where we havent had major aggro from selfish neighbours. Drums, cars, bikes, stereo bass, loud parties , u name it this place is full of them.

100% Pure noisy place
Has to be said B I think you have been very unlucky. Just by chance the house that I picked to buy 5 years ago on the edge of a busy town has been a haven of tranquility and peace. Even in a place like Palmy nirvana like niches can be found. Part of the trick is living in a dead end that is reached by another dead end and finally a 3rd one...then the open road to Palmy.

In relation to quiet neighbours it is utter perfection. No drug dealing, violent louts, burglars, prostitutes et al ALL which were on the menu on a daily basis around our last 'home'.
Old May 8th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bev,
Really feel for you as we to in the UK have the neighbors from HELL.
The list goes on with the problems we have experienced over the yrs. But I do believe in Karma and finally the Birmingham council are going to finally do something about them.
So just hang in there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.