Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Hey Bev
Sorry to here about the hoons and the asshole. There's only one thing that makes people like that take notice, they have to be inconvenienced themselves.

A full tin of gloss paint over the front of his pub or car, maybe just his back garden about 5.00 am should do the trick.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:25 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc

I honestly stress about going home at night if it’s a sunny night knowing they will be out on the bikes till up to 10pm, it really pisses me off big time :curse::curse::curse:
I really feel your pain- it's not fair AT ALL

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'll admit, I have considered moving .
Don't leave it too long though- I think if you go too far down the route of trying to do something about it along official lines then you'd be obliged to let the potential buyers know ....
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:26 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hey Bev
Sorry to here about the hoons and the asshole. There's only one thing that makes people like that take notice, they have to be inconvenienced themselves.

A full tin of gloss paint over the front of his pub or car, maybe just his back garden about 5.00 am should do the trick.
How on earth will that help?!

It will acheive NOTHING but more agro for all concerned.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit

Hey BB I sympathize with Bev,
We are all different, I understand they are nice law abiding citizens. I was just stating what I would do,

I had an issues with some unreasonable neighbors in the Uk and they didn't want to be civil, so I had to take matters into my own hands.

Obviously nice people on here haven't had to deal with scum, these people are of the same ilk.

Being civil to them is not an option.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:35 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Pubs...terrible fire risk apparently. You should probably warn them...
Ah a man after my own heart!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

frogeye will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lizard
Tip here, don't buy a house next to a pub and expect it to be quiet. If you like to live with peace and quiet, buy rural.
Wow!
You revolutionary
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

I agree with you on this, taking matters into one's own hands will acheive nothing except for continued aggrevation and quite possibly an escalation in problems, if civility does not appear to work, which from Bevs comments is obviously the case, then the Citizens Advice Bureau in conjunction with the council, police and any one who will listen is the course of action to take.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel your pain- it's not fair AT ALL

Don't leave it too long though- I think if you go too far down the route of trying to do something about it along official lines then you'd be obliged to let the potential buyers know ....
Yeah I think the moving comment was just letting off steam, I will start a petition with all the neighbours and get it sorted that way me thinks
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ah a man after my own heart!
Well everyone deserves one chance to stop being a cnut before you do a Tyler Durden, fair is fair .
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

It's usually the case that your neighbours will back you up.

Scabbiness is a rarity in owner-occupier homes, and it's a rarity in NZ generally.
Take the first step and organise with your neighbours.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nightmare !

Next door finally had their equipment confiscated after several days . Bliss . Except for the past two days they seem to have acquired more so we are back to square one.

Pub - Craphole more like.

It is Thursday and a working day tomoz. There is a band on which will go until 1 am or so.

Noise control - here we come again .

......and we have our lovely visitor arriving into this tomorrow. Welcome to New Zealand.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:25 am
`

Originally Posted by seven seas
It's usually the case that your neighbours will back you up.

Scabbiness is a rarity in owner-occupier homes, and it's a rarity in NZ generally.
Take the first step and organise with your neighbours.
Rubbish ! This village has been trying to deal with hellhole noise for quite a while now. I doubt this is a rarity to solely afflict this area. Not according to Noise Control anyway.

Yes. Our neighbours have offered and will back us up... however.... several of them wear hearing aids these days.

Himself is up for work at 6am tomoz and the crap is still going on.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:01 am
`

Cr@p cr@p cr@p. I am so steaming mad it is all I can do not to go down there and rip the power out. Believe me . I would.

I now know that we are not the only ones to get noise control out but that isn't the point is it. Why should we have to even start to put up with this.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:59 am
`

Still waiting on noise control.
1 am in the morning now.
Thing is, will the drunk lot out of the pub get started next door or not.

We have a visitor arriving tomoz from the UK. I think I have to find him another place to stay if needs be . I'll ask my friend up and way int he hills. I can't have him putting up with this hellhole of a place.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:06 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Still waiting on noise control.
1 am in the morning now.
Thing is, will the drunk lot out of the pub get started next door or not.

We have a visitor arriving tomoz from the UK. I think I have to find him another place to stay if needs be . I'll ask my friend up and way int he hills. I can't have him putting up with this hellhole of a place.
Ohhhh Bev's .....you poor things don't know what else to say ....except continue to rant on here....we're all behind you 'virtually'!! (((big hugs)))

Enjoy your time with your visitor & hope you get some quality time away from the noise stress!!
B x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.