Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Originally Posted by BEVS
and still it goes on.
Aww mate. You need a little kombi to take off on the weekends ... Did you get your letter off?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup ! Letters have been sent. We'll probably sort a weekend once the marauding monster ducklings are in their new homes.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Update:

Letters were sent

The Mayor
Local community plod
National MP for our area.

The Mayor replied with a 4 page letter telling us that the council were doing good work but among all that were the words that he had directed head honcho of environmental health to write to the pub and remind them of "the expectations that council has in relation to noise" . That letter also stated that the pub had no resource consent which would allow it to generate excessive noise. That he could apply but given complaints there was no guarantee he would get it.

Following that , I received a phone call from the pub manager telling me that he'd been speaking with the council, following this letter, he didn't want an argument, that we were the only ones complaining but would I simply phone him if/when noise was too loud. He wanted to sort it amicably so could he meet with us......
I replied that I'd discuss that with husband and others who had a problemo and get back to him. I backed that up in writing to him stating I'd discuss and take advice but in the meantime looked forward to hearing of hisfirm plans to stop the noise nuisance .

I made an appointment to speak with the National MP's PA and she put me onto a free legal service. I made an appointment to see them and they were ACE .

They put me onto a chap that knew his noise stuff & council policy inside out and upside down. I spoke with him and then he came out to see us. He was so brilliant. He even has sound reading equipment if needed & will sit in with us at any meeting we have with the pub manager.

His view is that we shouldn't bother meeting with the pub manager at all. Just ask him what is the point of any meeting. That council have already told him what he must do ref. noise. He'd need soundproofing, closed doors and windows to even begin to comply, plus this resource consent which we would object to . Council have to measure from the nearest residental property ( not ours ) and that is right at his back wall

We will write to the council to thank them for the letter and their time and to state that we want assurance that we will be informed of any resource consent application . It puts the council on notice.

Meanwhile......no noise for 4 weeks now although he has something booked for this coming Friday. Slimy git keeps trying to be chatty but it will get him nowhere . He can bog right off.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:43 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

That is very good news BEVS- all heading in the right direction! I held my breath when I clicked this thread ...
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs That is fantastic news, at last the council is listening to you! fingers crossed the noise will stop and you can get some sleep
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:17 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:33 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I was so pleased for you when I read that you've had 4 weeks of no noise. Bliss. It's fantastic that the council are behind you. yeha!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh there IS a GOD! It's like when the toothache stops isn't it? Fingers crossed that it stays this way for you - it'll be interesting to see what happens on Friday night won't it? Can you call that guy out if it's noisy?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:56 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, sounds like good progress.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

At last..... let's hope this is nearing it's end of anti-social behaviour and you can get your peaceful weekends restored permanently
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news - thread too long to read (again) but had the council been useless before but writing directly to the Mayor did the trick?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.
Perhaps you could turn your skills to no small issue of the excessively noisy cars on the road.
I too have had a letter from Steven Joyce, Minister of Transport, in this regard.

In a nutshell, he says he thinks the existing laws have been toughened since 2009 and are adequate and have led to a significant decrease in complaints about extremely noisy cars (maybe people have given reporting them cos nothing is done).

He thinks that the Warrant of Fitness test adequately ensures 'international standards' of noise control, couple with police powers, this is sufficient.

In essence , he thinks its a police matter, and therefore sent his reply to the Police Minister.

He obviously doesnt have a problem allowing 16 year olds to drive heavily modified, noisy and powerful Subarus with no insurance.Maybe he also has quadruple glazing cos everywhere I have lived in NZ has been plagued with the offensive boy racer type vehicles racing around in second gear providing a constant background similar to living near Brands Hatch.

I have lots of other complaints about NZ but this one issue makes the whole country a complete joke and very undesirable place to live for me. Ok if you live on a farm maybe you dont get it, but in any sort of town this carry on is rife.

And totally pointless.And not exactly 100% Pure.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Great News
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:20 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed that this will be the start of a nice and peaceful home life for you!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news BEVS xx Hope the weekend stays quiet for you xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.