Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
do you want me to go and give em a slap
YES !

I think that's what is causing Mr BEVS man-stress. Deep down he just wants to punch the bloke's lights out but he knows he mustn't . I think, he thinks he will snap and do it anyway.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
YES !

I think that's what is causing Mr BEVS man-stress. Deep down he just wants to punch the bloke's lights out but he knows he mustn't . I think, he thinks he will snap and do it anyway.
I can relate to that feeling of frustration!Last year Our neighbour in front- below us , added a heat pump unit to the 5 breeze block wide chimney side, blocking our beautiful view of the sea (even more) from kitchen, dining and family rooms. (Hubby went and told them we were upset- understatment- and would pay to move it!) they said no) frustrated-? yes!!I knew I was so upset I didn't trust myself to go and talk to them!!
Also in the 3 yrs we've been here they allowed 2 trees to grow wide and very high so we could no longer see the sea view (from the lounge ). There's a height limit in place!
That feeling of frustration was aweful.
During xmas holidays I pruned all the shrubs very low to give us a view back -(it decreased their and our privacy! ) the wife saw and commented over the fence " big job you have there", I replied "yes we've lost our view" . Tried to stay calm lol .... well 2 weeks later... we heard sawing, they had hired a man to lop the trees, yesss, we have a view again from the lounge.
So don't give up Bevs , hopefully your letters will motivate the council /police will stop stop the noise.
H.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

YES !

sometimes there's just no option - I worry that he'd be the one ending up in trouble but my fella is nearly six and a half feet tall so when he started shouting they just shut up! And moved.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:21 am
`

Mine is 5 ft 5 and 3/4 though although fit with it.

I'd prefer he doesn't do owt even if it would make him feel better. He could end up having to apologise in court to the w**k*r. Bad enough I found him lobbing bricks at next doors roof as self-therapy one evening.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2011 at 2:23 am.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Hi Bevs,
The UK gives this as a last straw method...
Section 82 of 1990 EH Act

Don't suppose NZ has the equivalent as you will have explored it......just a thought....
It involves a private prosecution.
Citizens Advice website has a suggestion...

http://www.cab.org.nz/vat/hle/np/Pages/Noise.aspx
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is 5 ft 5 and 3/4 though although fit with it.

I'd prefer he doesn't do owt even if it would make him feel better. He could end up having to apologise in court to the w**k*r. Bad enough I found him lobbing bricks at next doors roof as self-therapy one evening.
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, come to me for a bit of R & R.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

YES !

Where is this place?

Surely either you are being too sensitive, or there must be others around who feel the same? Do all other neighbours think the noise is "acceptable"?

Id be getting a gang up and going around to talk to them.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jan n Neil;9176357]do you want me to go and give em a slap [/id]

And me!

Block the sinks/ toilets!

Yes I know very childish of me.
OK set fire to the ugly, rotten, wooden monstrosity!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:33 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Where is this place?

Surely either you are being too sensitive, or there must be others around who feel the same? Do all other neighbours think the noise is "acceptable"?

Ermmm I have a friend who was down-wind of a few wind turbines, when I showed up after a month of them being turned on she looked knackered, and was bought to tears easily and was very depressed. We stood outside of her house and she asked me "can you hear them?" repeatedly.

yes I could hear them, but they weren't that much of a sound problem

After a week of staying with her, being bounced awake by them, my heart racing to syncronise with the blades and a persistant itching in my ears, I was knackered, bought to tears easily and was happy to be leaving.

Unless you've been in other peoples shoes for an extended time, don't accuse them of being "overly sensitive".

As a side note, my friends parents in law lived 200 yards away and the problem wasn't as bad at their house......
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:43 pm
`

Where is this place?

Keep Up. I covered that pages and pages ago.

Citizens Advice website has a suggestion...

http://www.cab.org.nz/vat/hle/np/Pages/Noise.aspx
Thanks. I've come to the notion that we may well need an independent report .

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2011 at 8:43 pm. Reason: merge
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:55 pm
`

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, come to me for a bit of R & R.
We would love to , but the budget just doesn't allow.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Drive up to us it,s only 4.5 hrs and we dont charge much
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
After a week of staying with her, being bounced awake by them, my heart racing to syncronise with the blades and a persistant itching in my ears, I was knackered, bought to tears easily and was happy to be leaving.

Unless you've been in other peoples shoes for an extended time, don't accuse them of being "overly sensitive".
I can believe it. Im sensitive to noise and what you are describing is how I feel about NZ;s boy racer cars. After a while , the noise becomes stressful to a degree you cant imagine. And I have previously experienced loud noise where your heart synchronises with the beat and its very distressing. I absolutely hate boom boom music, especially the sort where you only hear the boom boom and no melody.
Its a sad state of affairs when people are continuing to generate this noise seemingly oblivious to its effects on others.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:39 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I can believe it. Im sensitive to noise and what you are describing is how I feel about NZ;s boy racer cars. After a while , the noise becomes stressful to a degree you cant imagine. And I have previously experienced loud noise where your heart synchronises with the beat and its very distressing. I absolutely hate boom boom music, especially the sort where you only hear the boom boom and no melody.
Its a sad state of affairs when people are continuing to generate this noise seemingly oblivious to its effects on others.
It's the low resonance..... I bet you suffer from motion sickness too.... It's about the fluid sloshing around in the ear...

I've just finished my Witness statements for the high court case that's happening in July for the wind turbines.
Even the bleedin' moles moved out after 20 years plus of squatting on my friends land
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:10 am
`

and still it goes on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.