Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

No. Not exactly 'living the dream' at all.

Have called noise control twice this weekend. Got spared the band on Friday night though , so quieter than last weekend. lol

We'll battle on I suppose but it aint a way to live.

Thanks for thinking of us.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:57 am
`

Oh gawd. Two nights in a row now.
Last night in me garage.Tonight, there is nowhere quiet enough to go. Not even the garage.
Noise control have not come. I know they haven't , yet the person on the other end of the phone says they have. . Apparently no one else has complained so that makes it OK.
Am exhausted.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:40 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I just don't what to say or suggest, apart from that I really feel for you. BEVS, is selling up an option for you guys?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Honestly I just don't what to say or suggest, apart from that I really feel for you. BEVS, is selling up an option for you guys?
It's so bloody frustrating. Can you get the tv media involved? Just a thought because I'm with B-B on this too, I don't know what to suggest either. I just feel for you guys soooo much.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:13 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bevs,
The UK gives this as a last straw method...
Section 82 of 1990 EH Act

Don't suppose NZ has the equivalent as you will have explored it......just a thought....
It involves a private prosecution.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:46 pm
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Hi Bevs,
The UK gives this as a last straw method...
Section 82 of 1990 EH Act

Don't suppose NZ has the equivalent as you will have explored it......just a thought....
It involves a private prosecution.
I'll go look.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry that this is still going on for you. I had hoped that no news was good news but it seems not
As VBS says what about getting the media involved?
I wish I could help somehow..
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:56 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Fair Go seems like an option.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Fair Go seems like an option.
That's what I was thinking too Batty
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:10 am
`

Thank you all for the posts. That wee bit of cyber support is somehow very comforting. Husband stayed off work today. He is just so stressed out. I mean really, deeply stressed out. He hadn't looked that well all over the weekend and he just couldn't bring himself to go to work today. He had to see the GP anyway , so mentioned how he was feeling.

I spent the day drafting a serious , more hard line letter to the council's head of environmental health. I have managed to whip up a wee bit of backing from a couple of neighbours, so now is a good time to do this. Especially after this last weekend. I have reserved the right to go to the media and /or take up the matter with a lawyer. Copies will also go to licensing, the mayor and the community police .
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thank you all for the posts. That wee bit of cyber support is somehow very comforting. Husband stayed off work today. He is just so stressed out. I mean really, deeply stressed out. He hadn't looked that well all over the weekend and he just couldn't bring himself to go to work today. He had to see the GP anyway , so mentioned how he was feeling.

I spent the day drafting a serious , more hard line letter to the council's head of environmental health. I have managed to whip up a wee bit of backing from a couple of neighbours, so now is a good time to do this. Especially after this last weekend. I have reserved the right to go to the media and /or take up the matter with a lawyer. Copies will also go to licensing, the mayor and the community police .
Good for you lass. Sorry that Mr Bevs is suffering so badly. People under-estimate the damage that noise pollution can cause. Sending lots of
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:19 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Huge hugs to you both. Sorry I can't offer anything else other than more cyber support.....
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

My poor lovelies. Fingers crossed your letter takes some effect. You know there's room here for you both anytime you fancy a break.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:17 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Huge hugs to you both. Sorry I can't offer anything else other than more cyber support.....
Ditto from us to.......hope the letter has the desired effect, & Mr B soon feels better
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

do you want me to go and give em a slap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.