Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Aug 15th 2010, 3:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
How did it go last night Bevs?
We had to go to a 60th birthday do last evening but passed the pub on our way home. It was going full tonto. Windows and doors open and all that stuff. This particular band isn't mighty rock band loud. Not like some of the others, but still loud.

As we were passing the police turned up to do a routine sweep for underage drinkers etc.

Once home we monitored the noise level and Mr BEVS logged with noise control as usual. I slept in the downstairs back room with me mega earplugs.

Bit of an awkward one for us. Mr BEVS plays for the village football team and one of the players passed away suddenly a few months back. It was decided by some of the team members to use the pub as an end of season do ( remember the pub sponsors the football team) and a sort of a 'wake' for the chap. One of the band members plays for the village football team with Mr BEVS.

Still - on balance we decided to log the noise level as we need to be consistant about this and , in any case, it was too noisy for us to sleep in our own bed.
Awaiting to hear back now from Noise Control ref. our more formal complaint.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS
You have my sympathy

Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:45 am
`

So, just to kick off the New Year, I get to sleep on an old mattress in my garage yet again. It won;t help much but sleeping in the house is out of the question.

Nope. The problem is still not solved.
Yes. We are still living wth this

I agree. The leaseholder. The son of the leaseholder and the friends of the lease holder are all complete a@ses in more ways than one

When I think we bought this place as a B&B maybe I should think to sue the cretin for my loss of income.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually, wonderful though that all sounds, that is precisely what we shouldn't be doing .
I dunno. It sound like the only thing these people will understand is a dose of their own medicine. If I was being disturbed that much and that often, then I would certainly put my amps outside these people bedroom windows.
What could possibly happen to you - you just point out you are doing the same as others do.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:08 am
`

I dunno either mate.
We've thought if it. Both the pathetic gits live not far from us.

Most every bluddy Friday night we have this.

Yes - We've called noise control yet again. Depends how busy they are.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:10 am
`

and.. I'm also sick of having my Saturday mornings ruined like this by lack of sleep.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:13 am
`

and... we had to sort out a drunken youth comatose in our garden who had climbed up from the lowlife pub the other week. It was only 8pm for gawdsake.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:32 pm
`

Noise control came at 1 a.m. just as the pub was packing up . Quel surprise !
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:01 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Vodoo? Oh I hope it gets resolved soon for you; it's flippin horrible.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:21 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

So, just to kick off the New Year, I get to sleep on an old mattress in my garage yet again. It won;t help much but sleeping in the house is out of the question.

Nope. The problem is still not solved.
Yes. We are still living wth this

I agree. The leaseholder. The son of the leaseholder and the friends of the lease holder are all complete a@ses in more ways than one

When I think we bought this place as a B&B maybe I should think to sue the cretin for my loss of income.
Under the circumstances that would be my course of action too. Time to fire a warning shot across their bows perhaps.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

We often stop for a bite to eat and a coffee at the `cafe on the opposite side of the road from the pub- [Unless its the J****r!]

Anyways we were there on Wednesday and the overwhelming feeling of wanting to go into the pub and give him apiece of my mind was finally overcome! But it was a close call.
Really can't abide insensitive, uncaring, do-what-I-like-sod-you sort of people.

Even though I am known for my gentleness and beauty, my ability to bring a class/Hall to silence with just one look is renown.

I have friends/contacts- Just say the word!

Failing that- I vote for a BEP get together at a hostelry in the Tasman area, where we can all merry make and worry make.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:27 am
`

Originally Posted by jennifer45
I have friends/contacts- Just say the word!
Are they council based? Or The Lost Breed?

Failing that- I vote for a BEP get together at a hostelry in the Tasman area, where we can all merry make and worry make.
Thinks ............................................
OK. Be aware though that over the yardarm I sink a fair few and very fast. It's part of my nature. He always drives after sunset.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Are they council based? Or The Lost Breed?

We are part of a long forgotten, overlooked breed!!!
We go about our lives,seemingly invisible to others, until someone tugs our chain/rattles our cage- then STEP BACK! we become a force to be reckoned with!

Thinks ............................................
OK. Be aware though that over the yardarm I sink a fair few and very fast. It's part of my nature. He always drives after sunset.
SUNSET?????
where open bottles of wine are about, I quite innocently inform him that I have inadvertently left my driving licence at home. He is a stickler for obeying the rules of the road , I'm very happy to say!
I then boost his male ego by remarking on his driving prowess at night. If that doesn't work I suggest a Motel.
Now 40 years ago that brought a smile to his face and a positive response.
These days he agrees, that he is the superior driver -night or day.
The thought of paying to sleep in someone else's bed for the night , when we've got better at 'ome, seemed quite absurd to him- being a true Yorkshireman.
But I see the positive side.
I get to drink to my hearts content, knowing that my husband's superior driving skills will get me home safely.

What time, Bevs?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooo, I'm in ...
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Have just read through this thread and it reminded me of what few rights you have in NZ.

Not exactly "Living the dream" is it?

I hope that you get things sorted out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.