Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Oct 16th 2014, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Polly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

So sorry to hear that, you have my sympathy, can you find out the name of the landlord and the contact number, ring that at all hours of the night to complain.
We live very close to one of our neighbours and have a bit of a "Noise tunnel" between the two houses. The house sold last month and I invited the new neighbours into my home for
New neighbours drink" They had left their radio on full blast in their kitchen, heard the noise first hand in my kitchen, no noise since Im glad to say, mind you it could have also me telling them that the previous neighbours had shocking rows and I heard every word!!!!!!!!!
Old May 9th 2015, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Rargh.

So. Fleck. Eyes down. Look in.

Here we go again. Just the night before Mr BEVS flies away to give respite care to his uncle who looks after his Mum.

Those who hope to take over , hope to do much of the same and think we are geriatric, have nothing else to do,groaners.

Wish us luck .

Hacked off or what.
Any update BEVS

P.S. that will teach you for haunting Europe
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 5:30 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been around on BE for a while (ermm a year already?) and just wanted to catch up with this thread to make sure you're still OK, but it seems that you ran into issues again.

What's it like now BEVS?
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 10:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Trixie and Fred.
Thanks for asking. How are you both?

Things are hugely improved at the moment. Mind you it is winter.

There is quite a story with the poxy pub & council which I'll precis a bit later on. The place is quiet at the moment and probably will remain so for a good year or so , if not far longer.

Next door have mightily curtailed their activities I am pleased to be able to write. We did have one all nighter session but the noise guard handed over the END notice which meant a $700 fine for them again.

Oddly I am listening to next door right now. Saturday 10.30am however we know this will not last long as it is to do with domestic chores and vehicle cleaning. It will stop when they are done. We can live with that.

It means that MrBEVS is also much improved in mind and spirit and that in turn makes me happy.

We've even felt motivated enough to decorate . Surprising what being allowed to live in your own home in peace does for you.

Our other neighbours on the far side are lovely . The neighbour behind us who preferred to dig his head in the sand and use us as the frontline during the worst of times has now been on the receiving end of the poxy scummy neighbours abusive behaviour. I call that karma.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 11:06 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trixie and Fred.
Thanks for asking. How are you both?

Things are hugely improved at the moment. Mind you it is winter.

There is quite a story with the poxy pub & council which I'll precis a bit later on. The place is quiet at the moment and probably will remain so for a good year or so , if not far longer.

Next door have mightily curtailed their activities I am pleased to be able to write. We did have one all nighter session but the noise guard handed over the END notice which meant a $700 fine for them again.

Oddly I am listening to next door right now. Saturday 10.30am however we know this will not last long as it is to do with domestic chores and vehicle cleaning. It will stop when they are done. We can live with that.

It means that MrBEVS is also much improved in mind and spirit and that in turn makes me happy.

We've even felt motivated enough to decorate . Surprising what being allowed to live in your own home in peace does for you.

Our other neighbours on the far side are lovely . The neighbour behind us who preferred to dig his head in the sand and use us as the frontline during the worst of times has now been on the receiving end of the poxy scummy neighbours abusive behaviour. I call that karma.
I'm great thanks - and glad to hear it's calmed down (mostly) for you guys.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Well done for standing up for your rights.

All the best for the future
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 10:46 am
`

Something to stop me doing something unwise.

Last evening kept awake all night long. Yes. All night long by the next door neighbours party and music. 5.30am finish.

So. OK early night BUTY freckin' pub giving it some welly so no sleep until they finish somewhere around 1 am or more.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 10:50 am
`

and again.

11pm a working Wed night.

This is my best log .
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

You have my sympathy Bevs, we've been doing noise monitoring every day for 18months now. We have to keep a video and Uxío log with an official dB meter. The local authority are rather ineffective although they have told the industrial noise producer and our anti-social farming neighbour that they have to cease and desist both have ignored the authority who re now floundering around like a pathetic, spineless thing.

I really hope you can have something done about the noise, do you have any hope for having them shut down at all?
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 7:45 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

really feel for you, we had awful neighbours and the only way round it was moving I'm afraid
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:18 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Awww not again I'd hoped they'd settled down.

Hopefully the council will do something about it this time
Old Oct 19th 2015, 11:02 am
`

Oh well.

Six years and counting I suppose.

Pub lot are no better than the last lot and here we are at midnight on a Monday listening to next door scumbag neighbours.

Woke us up .
Old Oct 19th 2015, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well.
Pub lot are no better than the last lot and here we are at midnight on a Monday listening to next door scumbag neighbours.
I'm so sorry Bevs, I really hoped this was under control. Is it a new license for a new pub but in same place? Do you have to start all over again with noise monitoring and official logs of nuisances?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 12:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I hate seeing this post come up now, I can't believe you have stuck it out for so long without murdering someone and that it is allowed to continue like it has.
I know you have practically exhausted all avenues (apart from the above one) and obviously moving. it bugga's belief they are allowed to get away with it.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 12:49 am
`

I write it here as it makes me feel a bit better.

It can become hard to see the wood for the trees when one has been under siege for so long with the promise that peace will happen but which never actually truly comes.

We'll get there in the end one way or another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.