Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OT/Happy Happy Joy Joy

OT/Happy Happy Joy Joy

Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:24 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT/Happy Happy Joy Joy

Despite having one of the worst days of my life yesterday after discovering I have become a victim of internet fraud. No more ordering things online for this lady, someone got into my bank account & cleaned it out.
What a day I had yesterday dealing with the bank & Police. One of lifes lessons learnt the hard way huh?
However today is a new day & my darling baby son is at this moment on a plane heading towards America so my day has gotten off to a tremendous start knowing that tomorrow I will have him here with me & the world will be a much better place for me. Cant begin to tell you how excited I was to log on to flight tracker & seeing that his flight is enroute to LA. Now all I have to do is survive the next 12 hours waiting for him to call when he gets to his Hotel in LA to tell me has arrived safely
Have a great day everyone.

Cheers
Cindy
Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:27 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OT/Happy Happy Joy Joy

Originally Posted by shepslady
Despite having one of the worst days of my life yesterday after discovering I have become a victim of internet fraud. No more ordering things online for this lady, someone got into my bank account & cleaned it out.
What a day I had yesterday dealing with the bank & Police. One of lifes lessons learnt the hard way huh?
However today is a new day & my darling baby son is at this moment on a plane heading towards America so my day has gotten off to a tremendous start knowing that tomorrow I will have him here with me & the world will be a much better place for me. Cant begin to tell you how excited I was to log on to flight tracker & seeing that his flight is enroute to LA. Now all I have to do is survive the next 12 hours waiting for him to call when he gets to his Hotel in LA to tell me has arrived safely

Cheers
Cindy
Sorry to hear about the internet fraud Cindy, hope you can manage to recover what you've lost without too much trouble.

Been watching your ticker count down - really pleased for you to be finally seeing him. Expect we won't see much of you on the forum for the next few weeks!! Enjoy every minute, Jan
Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:35 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Sorry to hear about the internet fraud Cindy, hope you can manage to recover what you've lost without too much trouble.

Been watching your ticker count down - really pleased for you to be finally seeing him. Expect we won't see much of you on the forum for the next few weeks!! Enjoy every minute, Jan
Thanks Jan

Not really holding out too much hope on getting my money back but refuse to let it get me down. Nothing is going to ruin my time with my son so I'm trying to be positive & put it all out of my mind & make the most of my time being Mum for a few weeks

I will still be around the forum, but as you say probably not as much as normal, computer is in my room so I might be able to drop by before I go to bed at night for a few minutes

Re the ticker countdown, Ive been watching it myself & have been wondering what it will show tomorrow.....will it just disappear
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:15 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jan

Not really holding out too much hope on getting my money back but refuse to let it get me down. Nothing is going to ruin my time with my son so I'm trying to be positive & put it all out of my mind & make the most of my time being Mum for a few weeks

I will still be around the forum, but as you say probably not as much as normal, computer is in my room so I might be able to drop by before I go to bed at night for a few minutes

Re the ticker countdown, Ive been watching it myself & have been wondering what it will show tomorrow.....will it just disappear
I'm sorry to hear your bad news Cindy, that's just awful. Hope you have a really nice time with your son though, you've been so looking forward I don't expect you'll let this spoil your time together! Have fun and I guess we'll all be watching your ticker tomorrow to see just what does happen!

Debbie
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the fraud against you. Why people think it's ok to steal from others I will never know.

I hope it doesn't spoil or take the excitement of your son arriving and that you both have a great time during his visit.

My sister is arriving in 10 days, its her first trip to the US in 7 years, so I'm really excited too!

Sue

Cheers
Cindy
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Cindy
Hi Cindy, have a great time with your son, sorry to hear about the internet fraud, surely it can be traced where the money has gone.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about the fraud. To me people who steal are the scum of the earth, so if you're watching, things will catch up with you eventually and you will reap what you sew

I had a card that was cloned. Fortunately it was caught fairly quickly but still I lost over £3000 which took a long time to get back

Hoping you have a wonderful time with your family

JoannaD
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:00 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
I'm sorry to hear your bad news Cindy, that's just awful. Hope you have a really nice time with your son though, you've been so looking forward I don't expect you'll let this spoil your time together! Have fun and I guess we'll all be watching your ticker tomorrow to see just what does happen!

Debbie
Thanks for the good thoughts Debbie & as silly as it sounds it will be interesting to see what happens with the ticker huh

Originally Posted by Sue
Sorry to hear about the fraud against you. Why people think it's ok to steal from others I will never know.

I hope it doesn't spoil or take the excitement of your son arriving and that you both have a great time during his visit.

My sister is arriving in 10 days, its her first trip to the US in 7 years, so I'm really excited too!

Sue
Thanks Sue I guess you are really one who knows what Im feeling. Of course its not quite a year since Ive seen my son but hey hes my son & it breaks my heart not to be able to be with him all the time. Hope the next 10 days pass quickly for you, these family reunions are something special arent they

Originally Posted by planty
Hi Cindy, have a great time with your son, sorry to hear about the internet fraud, surely it can be traced where the money has gone.

Hi Planty

Thanks for your best wishes & yes the bank thinks they can trace things for me but said its a lengthy process so all that extra money Ive been sneaking away for things has gone but at least it hasnt left us completely broke so its still fun ahead for us BTW I love your new avatar

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Sorry to hear about the fraud. To me people who steal are the scum of the earth, so if you're watching, things will catch up with you eventually and you will reap what you sew

I had a card that was cloned. Fortunately it was caught fairly quickly but still I lost over £3000 which took a long time to get back

Hoping you have a wonderful time with your family

JoannaD

Hi Joanna

Yesterday I thought my world had come to an end, spent half the day & almost the entire night crying. Finally got a couple of hours sleep & woke telling myself to pull myself out of this, it wouldnt change anything for me to cry & I have faced today determined to make my time with my son the very best it can be,

I like the saying what goes around comes around so whoever has done this to me hopefully will get whats coming to them oneday too
Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:14 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jan

The ticker was a bit of a let down, I hoped it would do fireworks or something! Never mind, sure you're excited enough without it Cindy!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:19 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Cindy, just seen this and so sorry to hear about the internet fraud - that's a horrible thing to have happen to you and I hope you get your money back soon.

But more importantly, IS HE THERE YET!!!! Have you seen him??? You must be on cloud nine right now and rightly so!! Enjoy your time with your son and you can fill us in on all the details when you get a minute....so happy for you...
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:10 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Cindy
Oh Cindy - What a pain in the preverbial!

And having been watching your ticker with interest and thinking 'must remember to send Cindy a message when it gets close', it's today!!! Woohoo you! Have a great time! Carmen.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:43 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Hi Guys
Well hes here in America but I dont get to see him until tonight. He couldnt get connecting flights yesterday so spent the night in LA but he did phone me as soon as he arrived at his hotel........tears of joy to hear his voice knowing we were at least in the same country again
This is his first trip to the US so as you can imagine LA was somewhat of an experience for him begining with the airport. He travelled with Air NZ 7 although his plane arrived first, two other Air NZ flights arrived after his,while he was still in customs hall ( one from London & the other from Australia) He thought the back log of people in customs was ridiculous but went with the flow. The baggage claim area was anothe matter entirely. After 12 hours on the plane he wasnt impressed to see the people off the two flights that landed after his getting their luggage before him He couldnt find the free phones to call the hotel to ask them to pick him up in their courteous van so paid $20 for a shuttle to take him less than 1.5 miles to his hotel. However upon arrival at his Hotel, he was pleased with the accomodations I had organised for him. My poor little Kiwi kid couldnt figure out how to turn the lights on in his room but Im hoping that he got that sorted before it got dark. He was amazed by the volume of traffic & amused by the number of people who kept blowing their car horns at other drivers
This m orning he leaves LA to begin his journey here. First stop is Denver then one last flight to Indianapolis finally arriving at 7.30 tonight if his flights are all on time. It is now 5.39 am & yes Mum is wide awake & already waiting for him to get here. I fear today is going to be a long day .
Thanks to those of you who were interested enough to care. I shall post one last posting on this after hes arrived & Ive had the chance to wrap my arms around him & hold him close.

Woo hoo today I get to look into those beautiful big brown eyes again

P.S. Ticker was a disappointment wasnt it......guess it will just remain like this until I take it away I guess
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:02 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

HI Cindy, caught this thread late. So he's here!!! Ali and I have watched your ticker going down with interest. Bit of an anticlimax that it doesn't do anything spectacular at the end though, I agree. I hope you catch this message before you go off to resume your motherly duties, I hope your son has a good time in the US, I know you've been looking forward to his visit with excitement (and what mother wouldn't?). Sorry about the money situation, that scares me to death especially with kids to feed, the greed of some people never ceases to astound me. Still, Karma'll get 'em, I really believe that. I admire you for managing to stay chipper. Keep it up.

Phyl
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:16 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Well Im very happy to report that my baby son is here with me & Im one very very happy Mum Cried when I caught sight of him walking through the gate at the airport & almost threw myself into his arms. Cant wait to wake up in the morning & take a peek at him sleeping. Im off to bed now with an extremely happy heart......oh yeah feeling so good thought I would post a photo of the two of us taken at the airport just after he arrived....nite all

Ticker is amusing now huh? Guess I should remove it but will leave it for a couple of days just for fun!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:11 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well Im very happy to report that my baby son is here with me & Im one very very happy Mum Cried when I caught sight of him walking through the gate at the airport & almost threw myself into his arms. Cant wait to wake up in the morning & take a peek at him sleeping. Im off to bed now with an extremely happy heart......oh yeah feeling so good thought I would post a photo of the two of us taken at the airport just after he arrived....nite all

Ticker is amusing now huh? Guess I should remove it but will leave it for a couple of days just for fun!!

Aaaaawwww - I'm so happy that you're happy!

I wouldn't feel bad about the crying thing - done that so many times myself -I think it's the latest pair, salt & pepper, knife & fork, tears & airports!! lol.

my eldest goes back to school today. year 1 here we come!

have a great holiday Cindy. look forward to hearing your adventures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.