Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ordnance Survey Maps

Ordnance Survey Maps

Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

GINGERSEAMONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutGINGERSEAMONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutGINGERSEAMONSTER has a spectacular aura about
Default Ordnance Survey Maps

Does New Zealand have the equivalent of the British Ordnance Survey maps?

I have already bought a road atlas of NZ, but I now need a more detailed map, at a scale of 1:50,000, in particular of the Whangarei area.

Can anyone suggest anywhere I would be able to get hold of one?

We have done a little bit of looking around on line but not found anywhere yet.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Gary
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default Re: Ordnance Survey Maps

Originally Posted by GINGERSEAMONSTER

I have already bought a road atlas of NZ, but I now need a more detailed map, at a scale of 1:50,000, in particular of the Whangarei area.

Gary

Search for Mapworld TopoMap for a basic topographical map like the OS series in UK. You can buy this in CD so you can move all over NZ without jumping from map to map. It only goes to 1:50,000 though (or my one does, maybe newer ones have higher resolution)

Alternatively TUMONZ (the ultimate map of new zealand) looks a pretty slick program where you can build 3D maps and do flyovers etc.

If you search you should see on line versions as well.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 12:24 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here...you can pretty much narrow it down to the street you want to look at and get directions etc..

http://www.wises.co.nz/

hth...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:38 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Gary
Hi gary you thinking youj might like to use these maps to walk etc?
it's not the same over here or in Oz.
They don't have access to the country side lke they do in the UK. You do get used to it though!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:46 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Gary

Gary,
Hello mate, long time no speak......how's things coming along ?....i've got an interview end of April/start of May

Ali