Reload this Page >

Opportunities New Zealand Expo

Opportunities New Zealand Expo

Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:26 am
baa
Just Joined

baa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opportunities New Zealand Expo

I'm looking at emigrating to New Zealand and thinking of heading to London next weekend to the Opportunities New Zealand Expo being held at Earls Court - I've heard it's really job focused.

If anyone has been to one in the past I would love to hear any feedback to see it it is worth my while.

Many thanks

Last edited by baa; Mar 17th 2006 at 12:28 am.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:29 am
Just Joined

glasgae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opportunities New Zealand Expo

Hi again - yes I was looking at the one in Glasgow the weekend after, so will also be interested to hear if anyone knows if it's worthwhile.

See http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001
Old Mar 18th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by glasgae
Hi again - yes I was looking at the one in Glasgow the weekend after, so will also be interested to hear if anyone knows if it's worthwhile.

See http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001
I found the fair in Manchester very good.. but expect a bit of a scrum. Take lots of copies of your CV, look good, be perpared to interview/sell yourself - I found myself on a videocam interview for an IT agency with 20 onlookers, which makes it by far my most public and stressful interview to date. Don't expect miracles, but it's a great networking opportunity.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 12:28 pm
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Greetings all,

Went last year, (September I think), and am going again next weekend. It is job focussed but it does get you in the mood. There is also a real estate element to it although only for investors really as opposed to 'real people'.

Fee is worth it I think though paying extra for each seminar you attend is not....so I wont again.

See you there.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Noel and Rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
I found the fair in Manchester very good.. but expect a bit of a scrum. Take lots of copies of your CV, look good, be perpared to interview/sell yourself - I found myself on a videocam interview for an IT agency with 20 onlookers, which makes it by far my most public and stressful interview to date. Don't expect miracles, but it's a great networking opportunity.
Is it really like that?

We have train tickets to go down on Saturday, but aren't really looking forward to it as much now! Is it really busy and are people really pushy and arrogant (i.e. pushing you out the way etc)...

Starting to have second thoughts now!

Cheers,
Noel
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:04 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noel and Rachel
Is it really like that?

We have train tickets to go down on Saturday, but aren't really looking forward to it as much now! Is it really busy and are people really pushy and arrogant (i.e. pushing you out the way etc)...

Starting to have second thoughts now!

Cheers,
Noel
It is (was last year) very busy but not pushy at all. Lots of stands and lots of information about various areas. Lots of friendly people - not intimidating at all! I am going for the second time after all so it can't be that bad. Even taking my better half this time. Last time I visited we were in the process of applying - now our passports are off for the visas!!

Go yourselves and make up your own minds
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Noel and Rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bodgit
It is (was last year) very busy but not pushy at all. Lots of stands and lots of information about various areas. Lots of friendly people - not intimidating at all! I am going for the second time after all so it can't be that bad. Even taking my better half this time. Last time I visited we were in the process of applying - now our passports are off for the visas!!

Go yourselves and make up your own minds
I guess it can't be so bad then, and it can't hurt so sod it we'll still go! We can always come home early if we don't like it!

Thanks,
Noel
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Fishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant futureFishy has a brilliant future

We went to the London expo on a sunday and didn't find it too manic. BUT it depends what sort of job you're looking for, if it's in health or with a major corporation/profession it could be useful,but not really for trades. We thought it would give us a taste of NZ anyway,but we were only there for an hour and left abit deflated
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:47 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fishy
We went to the London expo on a sunday and didn't find it too manic. BUT it depends what sort of job you're looking for, if it's in health or with a major corporation/profession it could be useful,but not really for trades. We thought it would give us a taste of NZ anyway,but we were only there for an hour and left abit deflated
Is the NZ Expo similar to the Australian Expo being held 1st and 2nd of April?
Is anyone going on the 2nd? To Earls Court