Onset of Summer

Old Oct 31st 2011, 11:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Onset of Summer

Originally Posted by jmh
I read somewhere that women are better at fishing due to their hormones (or more precisely they lack the male hormones that scare the fish off ). However Stephen Fry on QI says this is not true - just that sometimes women are better at fishing and people find this surprising so they have to make up an excuse. I'm not sure how much I trust his 'elves' so either theory could be true.
might be something in the hormones thing as handling bait can repel fish so if males are sweating the wrong stuff when handling their worms, etc then fish could be repelled more than when ladies are lathering their fishy bits.....
......or is it because ladies old enough to have time to fish smell like an old trout?
men have more experience in general as they have more sunny/wet/lazy afternoons to while away fishing, so perhaps Mr Fry is right, getting a bite and landing a great fish are often worlds apart.