Onset of Summer

Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Onset of Summer

Glorious day today, here in the Bay of Plenty. Had the beach been open (Thank you Rena oil spill ... ) I'm preyty sure I'd have braved my first dip in the Pacific.

Instead I've wiled away an hour or two reading the Sunday paper, sunbathing in the garden.

Bliss.

Got me to thinking about the Summer.

This Summer I am adamant I shall learn to surf. I have a new board and friends to teach me. I just have to hope the beaches reopen.

Anyone have other plans for the summer? A first perhaps, a new hobby, tradition, dream?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Onset of Summer

Did look tempting, had it not been for the raw sewage I might have been tempted.

Luckily I had my new binoculars to play with so I could spy on all the hot girls sunbathing [/paranoia plant].
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

This summer I will be learning to wind surf
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Justcol
This summer I will be learning to wind surf
Cool. I fancied kite surfing but I don't think I'd be strong enough ...
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:43 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoping to head out to Raglan to enjoy a few sun rays in the weekend ....
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:58 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:51 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Get the NZ government to pay me for the first bit of work I've done for them.

But on the serious side, aims/ideas for the summer:
Learn to use the boy's skim board before he does - great fun until you come off.
Go camping with more of our Kiwi mates in bigger tents.
Teach MrsL to fish - she can hold the rod but casting is a problem.
Make it through the summer season injury free.
Apply for Citizenship.
Buy a cheap bike off trademe and do summat with it.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:22 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Good point, when will they finish that cycleway?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 1:49 am

Get the NZ government to pay me for the first bit of work I've done for them.

But on the serious side, aims/ideas for the summer:
Learn to use the boy's skim board before he does - great fun until you come off.
Go camping with more of our Kiwi mates in bigger tents.
Teach MrsL to fish - she can hold the rod but casting is a problem.
Make it through the summer season injury free.
Apply for Citizenship.
Nice list, I particularly like the teaching Mrs L to fish, good man.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 4:36 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Nice list, I particularly like the teaching Mrs L to fish, good man.
only so she lets us go out more to the wharf

will never get her on a boat, although she caught more prawns than us four men put together down in Taupo last summer
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Cool. I fancied kite surfing but I don't think I'd be strong enough ...
Hahaha how much wind do you reckon it would take to blow you across a beach :-p
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:52 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Learn how to throw a knife (always wanted to do that)
Play the harmonica
Figure out how to light a BBQ without using half a bottle of kerosene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:58 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Hahaha how much wind do you reckon it would take to blow you across a beach :-p
depends which of her bloomers she is wearing - industrial support or natural ????
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:09 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

only so she lets us go out more to the wharf

will never get her on a boat, although she caught more prawns than us four men put together down in Taupo last summer
I read somewhere that women are better at fishing due to their hormones (or more precisely they lack the male hormones that scare the fish off ). However Stephen Fry on QI says this is not true - just that sometimes women are better at fishing and people find this surprising so they have to make up an excuse. I'm not sure how much I trust his 'elves' so either theory could be true.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Learn how to throw a knife (always wanted to do that)
Play the harmonica
Figure out how to light a BBQ without using half a bottle of kerosene
That's a wonderful avatar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.