Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Only people with Australia/NZ non-restricted visa should apply

Only people with Australia/NZ non-restricted visa should apply

Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Only people with Australia/NZ non-restricted visa should apply

when this is on a job advert, what does it mean?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Only people with Australia/NZ non-restricted visa should apply

Goodness knows Riverside.

As we all know it is a job offer first before a work visa here in New Zealand. Maybe Oz have other types of restricted work visas prior to job offers.
What we do know is that many NZ employers actually don't understand the NZ work visa system.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Riverside
Employers can't offer a permanent job to someone on a restricted visa (e.g. Working Holiday Visa, that only allows employment for 6 months with an employer). An unrestricted visa has no conditions (e.g. sponsorship) or time limits. A Permanent Resident is unrestricted.

I know that Public Service organisations (Government etc.) can't offer a job longer than your visa. To get a permanent job, you must have a permanent visa...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of

so if I have my 'residence visa' and my 'returning resident's visa' stickers in my passport, then I can apply for any of these jobs?
Because even though I have a signed contract, many e-mails between me and my propective employer about coming over there, and am in the process of handing in my notice and organising flights to nz in the next few weeks, cats going through the export process and all the other gubbins that goes along with this.......it would seem that there is now...no job for me to go to!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!:curse::curse:
Twice now....is messing about with people's lives a new zealand pastime?
Is this how Kiwi's get their kicks?
Sorry, there I go getting all bitter and twisted again

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 11th 2009 at 7:44 am. Reason: sorry . the arrg was messing with me screen
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:49 am
`

so if I have my 'residence visa' and my 'returning resident's visa' stickers in my passport, then I can apply for any of these jobs?
Because even though I have a signed contract, many e-mails between me and my propective employer about coming over there, and am in the process of handing in my notice and organising flights to nz in the next few weeks, cats going through the export process and all the other gubbins that goes along with this.......it would seem that there is now...no job for me to go to!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!:curse::curse:
Sorry, there I go getting all bitter and twisted again
Was your PR granted with a job offer or not . I can't remember.

If you submitted an EOi and were given PR with a job offer, then no, if the NZ employer has withdrawn their offer, then the PR is invalid because you would have had a condition attached to your PR that you work 3 months with the NZ employer. In other words, it was not unconditional.

Your PR and RRV in that case would not allow you to take up any other NZ offer of employment. You need to start again.

If this is through an accredited employer and you were going for WTR , then I would strongly complain to NZIS and look for a refund of all your fees. After all , an accredited employer has to pay fees to lodge itself with NZIS as a reputable NZIS employer.

Double
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

b*ll*cks!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

You are not the first person to say that
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I think this question has been asked before and as I would understand it, it simply means only those who have permanent residency. That is, a clear cut permanent residency status from when they arrive, and not any other type of visa.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
I think this question has been asked before and as I would understand it, it simply means only those who have permanent residency. That is, a clear cut permanent residency status from when they arrive, and not any other type of visa.
I think you'd best check with NZIS where you stand on this..there's nothing so confusing as Visa types. If you would have qualified for PR on points without a job to go to, then maybe you can go that route now....if you want to that is...much sympathy...had a few horrendous moments myself with visa process.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:30 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

As I am someone who occasionally uses this phrase - or similar - on their job adverts, it means that your application would not be subject to you receiving a job offer PRIOR to getting a visa allowing you to work.

There are a few work permits/ visas that allow unrestricted work. They are usually issued to those who hold highly demanded skills that - regardless of where they are put to use - they will be of use to the country as a whole. Which is great. Also, there are no restrictions on Aussies working here.

Really, advertisers put it on their job ads for 3 reasons. Firstly, their vacancy is urgent, and they simply don't have the time to go through the visa process even if the overseas applicant is perfect. Secondly, it could be as simple as the recruiter not having the time or inclination to wade through the massive number of overseas applications they get. Thirdly, and with sinister connotations, it may be that they don't want 'outsiders' applying for the role. Rare, but it sure does happen.

Sorry to hear about your troubles - that really sucks! :curse:
Old Mar 12th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Only people with Australia/NZ non-restricted visa should apply

Have now found out job is only delayed .....not gone!!! phew.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:32 am
`

Have now found out job is only delayed .....not gone!!! phew.
OMG. Thank goodness for that.

Is it that your PR visa was conditional on your job offer ?
i.e. It was issue stating you had to work for the NZ employer for 3 months.
Or have you a WTR visa?

How much time is the delay?

I seem to think that there is a certain amount of time attached to the PR visa by which you need to have entered NZ to activate the visa. someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think once you have the visa in your passports, then you have 12 months to activate it by entering NZ.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

When they told me that we were to receive our visas, they did ask if I would like to delay receipt of them for six months.....once they were issued we had a year to 'land' in New Zealand and validate them.
And yes it is linked to the job, in as much as I have to work with the employer concerned for 3 months....if there are any problems then I have to contact immigration again.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:59 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Just ignore it - its a test