Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

only one week left in Blighty

only one week left in Blighty

Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default only one week left in Blighty

Oh my god we have only 7 days left in UK. Things are moving so fast now. We have now both finished work, the house is all packed up, one car sold, cooker and fridge gone. It seems so real now, not a dream. Every body are telling us we are so brave and oh we will miss you, our next door neighbour has been crying. We are worrying about the dog. Its a beautiful evening tonight and I have just had a couple of pints outside the village pub. Big barbie and party next week, so we can all say goodbye to each other. I think I am becoming homesick already. My lady says " I hope its going to be worth it". I have said it will be in time, an adventure, when we have some land for the chickens and the veg and the dog and the future children ( if we are not too old by then) it will be worth it. The space, I love the space but I will miss this lovely little village of Whitwell. www.whitwell.com Here you can see where we live now ( if anyone is interested)
Sorry guys just needed to burn off steam to people that understand
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:47 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: only one week left in Blighty

Well you're leaving a lovely village Lizard - I'm sure that everything will be just Hunky Dory on the other side - I wish you well.

We're about 6 weeks behind you.

Good luck and keep us posted how everything goes!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Thanks Biddy, I know it will be fine. Good luck to you too. 6 weeks will go fast believe me.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:54 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Well you're leaving a lovely village Lizard - I'm sure that everything will be just Hunky Dory on the other side - I wish you well.

We're about 6 weeks behind you.

Good luck and keep us posted how everything goes!
Bon Voyage Lizard, and Biddy (although we may see you at the Pheasant Pluckers meet if you're still going). Whitwell looks lovely but I'm sure you'll find NZ just as picturesque. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Phyl
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I understand totally....just been there myself.

Youve got one week left and weve been here exactly one week. I hope it all goes well for you. We are getting things organised now....be prepared for everything to cost a hell of a lotmore than you think its going to!! Shop around...its certainly worth it and also ask for a deal on what you are buying as they are certainly more flexible than UK shops!

You will feel lost when you get here...I did....its only now that we are getting our house tomorrow and im getting my car on wednesday that Im starting to feel a bit more normal again. I felt like I had nothing when I got here last week....no where to call my own...no car...no friends...no pets and no job. I had one really teary day when I hated Auckland but I'm certainly starting to feel better now....I have a feeling I'll never love Auckland...lol Just not my cup of tea at all.

I really wish you all the best with your move....its really tough saying goodbye... but i havnt felt homesick since ive been here....prehaps because everyting is new and its more like a holiday at the moment...

Things will get a lot more stressfull and hectic before they settle down again. Stay strong and youll love it...find somewhere great to live...talk to people to find the nicer areas to live.

Keep in touch

Sarah B
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lizard
Oh my god we have only 7 days left in UK. Things are moving so fast now. We have now both finished work, the house is all packed up, one car sold, cooker and fridge gone. It seems so real now, not a dream. Every body are telling us we are so brave and oh we will miss you, our next door neighbour has been crying. We are worrying about the dog. Its a beautiful evening tonight and I have just had a couple of pints outside the village pub. Big barbie and party next week, so we can all say goodbye to each other. I think I am becoming homesick already. My lady says " I hope its going to be worth it". I have said it will be in time, an adventure, when we have some land for the chickens and the veg and the dog and the future children ( if we are not too old by then) it will be worth it. The space, I love the space but I will miss this lovely little village of Whitwell. www.whitwell.com Here you can see where we live now ( if anyone is interested)
Sorry guys just needed to burn off steam to people that understand

The Village you are at looks beautiful. Hope you are moving to somewhere pretty here. The website actually made me a little homesick - I so miss the history and the old buildings of the UK, NOTHING like it here at all. Ah well - you'll soon be here and starting your new life.

Sarah B - Its all notmal to cry - I sobbed a lot to begin with - but, it does get better. The first 3 months feel like a long holiday and you are so busy getting sorted, but its after that you start to feel the reality of it all and get a little homesick - you will be fine though - you sound like a strong and determined one!! Have a great time in AKL. My OH will be there in July for the last of the Tests, fingers crossed for the Lions - hope you've got your red jersey on girl!