Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Only in NZ - Part 5

Only in NZ - Part 5

Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only in NZ - Part 5

So I was going to a meeting yesterday morning and was walking up Wellesley Street to the junction with Hobson Street (that's in Auckland, for the benefit of non-locals). As I waited for the lights, I observed what can only be described as tourists perusing a map. They asked me what street we were on, so I told them. Then one said I sounded like a Scouser. Having got over this enormous offence, I explained that, no, actually I was from Birkenhead, "So am I!" says one of them "Whereabouts are you from?" "Tranmere", I said, in a proud and happy voice. "Me too!" she tells me! It turns out she lives in Invercargill but knows me Dad!

In the words of General MacArthur: "Bugger me!"
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:58 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in NZ - Part 5

Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
In the words of General MacArthur: "Bugger me!"
The world just keeps on getting smaller.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BevK
The world just keeps on getting smaller.
Haha, I had two similar experiences in OZ/UK.. I'd only been in OZ a week and travelled over to Kanagroo Island. Small boat, group of 10 and a couple on board who were from the same town as me. 2nd was when me and 2 mates sailed on the Solway Lass, Airlie Beach, touring the Islands. We shared a cab with a lass from Leeds, back home in the UK months later I was getting off the train in Sheffield and she was stood at the same platform... funny how things happen hey