Only in Britain

Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:45 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Only in Britain

could not believe what i was reading in the mail this morning!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...d-breasts.html
Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:57 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Britain

Originally Posted by love30stm
could not believe what i was reading in the mail this morning!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...d-breasts.html
amazing that dicks at the Daily Fail feel the need to write such crud.......only in Britain could anyone take any notice of the crap that they publish!!!
Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
amazing that dicks at the Daily Fail feel the need to write such crud.......only in Britain could anyone take any notice of the crap that they publish!!!
Well yep agree the Daily Mail is one paper i do and dont miss
and as i am in the uk at the moment i feell i had to send you people the link and like i said only in Britain
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Well yep agree the Daily Mail is one paper i do and dont miss
and as i am in the uk at the moment i feell i had to send you people the link and like i said only in Britain
hey no worries - I was just being a smart arse......
hope all is well with you and the family
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
hey no worries - I was just being a smart arse......
hope all is well with you and the family
ha its ok and im fine thanks just enjoying some British summer while it lasts and thanks
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I don't have a problem with it. I did some research in Merseyside back in 1991 about women's perceptions of breastfeeding & a large percentage had made up their minds very early on in life that breastfeeding was 'not nice' & that breasts were for sex, not feeding a baby.

Of course, the Mail will do it's usual job of sensationalising it. Breastfeeding is normal. Of course it's okay to show such things if the woman is black, poor, starving & lives in the third world!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Sorry but I don't have a problem with it. I did some research in Merseyside back in 1991 about women's perceptions of breastfeeding & a large percentage had made up their minds very early on in life that breastfeeding was 'not nice' & that breasts were for sex, not feeding a baby.

Of course, the Mail will do it's usual job of sensationalising it. Breastfeeding is normal. Of course it's okay to show such things if the woman is black, poor, starving & lives in the third world!!!!
I dont have a problem with breastfeeding, i breast fed both my girls up till they were one! its the fact that they have to educate YOUNG GIRLS of 14 about it when its the last thing they should be thinking of at that young age, it seems to me its all about having a relationship and babies in life like its the only thing girls should be thinking of! its madness in my opinion! more to life than relationships and babies and girls in the uk are pushed far to young to play a adult.

Im glad to say both my girls are not dying to have a relationship or babies they are 16 and 18 none of them need a man to make them feel confident or complete.

Last edited by love30stm; Aug 12th 2012 at 7:00 am.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in NZ, but saw this thread. Definitely agree with Vitalstatistix. Breastfeeding is normal, and there is no age too young to learn that. It should be normalised so that more people are comfortable with seeing it and doing it.

Why is it ok for breasts to be seen as sexual and taboo from dot, and children taught that way, to feel ashamed of their own bodies and what they are actually designed to do (which is one of the reasons why so many babies end up on expensive, unhealthy formula), but not ok to teach them about biology and normal infant feeding?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:35 pm

Oh lordy!!! your missing the point!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Not really The Mail did make a meal of it, but that's a given surely
Old Aug 12th 2012, 9:42 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Mail Song
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
I'm not in NZ, but saw this thread. Definitely agree with Vitalstatistix. Breastfeeding is normal, and there is no age too young to learn that. It should be normalised so that more people are comfortable with seeing it and doing it.

Why is it ok for breasts to be seen as sexual and taboo from dot, and children taught that way, to feel ashamed of their own bodies and what they are actually designed to do (which is one of the reasons why so many babies end up on expensive, unhealthy formula), but not ok to teach them about biology and normal infant feeding?
Cheers. The fact is that in Britain, breastfeeding isn't seen as the 'norm' especially in the C,D & E socio-economic groups. My research reflected this. In other countries such as Sweden, Norway etc. children see women B/F frequently & so it is the norm for them. They don't need to be taught about it.

It would be great if British children didn't have to be taught about it but the fact is, even at the age of 14 they would see artificial feeding as being what they would choose to do in the future. I used to look after a significant number of young, teenage mums. Most of them were too young to look after themselves never mind a baby. So we can pretend the issue is moot, stick heads in the sand or we can address it & give these babies & their mum's the best start possible.

The Mail as usual has made a mountain out of a molehill.

Well done on B/F your children Bev. You've obviously empowered them to be strong & assertive young women. I wish that was the case for many other girls in the world.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:59 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
so true, cause

.........it's written in the Daily Mail............
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:04 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with any attempts to normalise breastfeeding. I have a problem with pretty much anything the DM writes because it's such a hateful rag. You can be 100% sure the lesson was taken entirely out of context (possibly part of a health unit where the class were particularly interested or something) and that all the facts were incredibly skewed.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Daily Mail readership is 9 times that of the Guardian and 15 that of the Independent.

So, a lot of people think they are doing something right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.