Only....

Old May 14th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only....

...24 days left in the UK!!!!

The weeks are flying past..... I can't believe how quick its going!!

Do you know it still has not hit me that I'm going to live in New Zealand for good.... can anyone whos already done it tell me when exactly does it kick in that youre actually there to stay.... When you say goodbye to everyone?? Is it on the flight? When you get there? Does it seem like a holiday when you first get there and then you realise after a while that its not?....I'm really interested to see what other people think...and how they coped.

I really do not know how I'll handle it....whether I'll be homesick ... whether I'll love it. I think I must be getting a bit nervous.

Cheers

SarahB
Old May 14th 2005, 10:50 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only....

Originally Posted by SarahB
...24 days left in the UK!!!!

The weeks are flying past..... I can't believe how quick its going!!

Do you know it still has not hit me that I'm going to live in New Zealand for good.... can anyone whos already done it tell me when exactly does it kick in that youre actually there to stay.... When you say goodbye to everyone?? Is it on the flight? When you get there? Does it seem like a holiday when you first get there and then you realise after a while that its not?....I'm really interested to see what other people think...and how they coped.

I really do not know how I'll handle it....whether I'll be homesick ... whether I'll love it. I think I must be getting a bit nervous.

Cheers

Hi Sarah

SarahB

I feel like you. We will arrive in Auckland on 22 June and I keep waiting for something to happen to make me feel like I'm emigrating. I have moved a lot over the years but this is a huge move. I'm (sort of) excited. I'm not worried. I'm not overly anxious. I'm not afraid that I'm going to miss my family - I wish ('nuther story) I'm just........ nothing. I had my first leaving 'do' last night and everyone was lovely to me and I was fully expecting that I would be sad, but I wasn't. Maybe we're just people who can acclimatise easily? God, wouldn't that be something?
Old May 14th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here almost 2 years and I still have to "nip myself", to believe I LIVE HERE !! Still can't quite get over "little old us" have made such a life changing move.

I can't tell you when that final good bye will be for you, but for me it was 6 months after we arrived. We knew my Mum and Grandma were coing over to visit, so it just felt like a bit of a gap. When eventually they went home, that's when it hit me. I really didn't know when or if I would see them again. Odd bouts of homesickess do happen, and be prepared for them. Things like my sister had her first baby since we arrived here set me off and also when some friends we made here returned to the UK after 6 months, that unsettled me too.

I hope the excitement I feel now about living here, never ever leaves me.
Gill
Old May 14th 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like that Batty...isnt it strange.... like you dont really know what to expect or how youre supposed to feel. I've had one leaving do already and OH leaves work next friday and is having his works do in the eve... we then have 2 full weeks to get everything sorted and then the removals will come and then 3 days later we will be off!! I'm not overly anxious either... or even very excited...I spose lifes still normalish here at the moment.

My parents have said they are hoping to visit early next year so thats made things slightly easier for me Gill. You sound like you love it there...I hope I feel the same.

I'm putting my little Smart car up for sale next weekend and not looking forward to that....I totally love it and would not get rid of it if we werent going... I cant take it as its LHD....anyone want to buy a bright blue and silver Smart car?? hehe
Old May 14th 2005, 11:14 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Gill, I've read of your progress before and you seem to be really into it. That's all I want. I'm still going to have to go work, still going to have to pay a mortgage; it's just going to be in nicer surroundings. My inlaws live in Browns Bay I get on really well with them (mind you, that's with 12,000 miles between us ). Still, they are lovely people and my sister in law is my age and great fun so maybe that's why I'm just taking each day as it comes. Why DO women analyse so much? It's like you're worried if you haven't got something to worry about
Old May 14th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

We always analyse everything dont we?
Old May 14th 2005, 11:20 pm
By name and by nature

We always analyse everything dont we?
What do you mean?
Old May 14th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL!! Cant answer that.... too much analysing for me for one day!
Old May 14th 2005, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

I feel like that Batty...isnt it strange.... like you dont really know what to expect or how youre supposed to feel. I've had one leaving do already and OH leaves work next friday and is having his works do in the eve... we then have 2 full weeks to get everything sorted and then the removals will come and then 3 days later we will be off!! I'm not overly anxious either... or even very excited...I spose lifes still normalish here at the moment.

My parents have said they are hoping to visit early next year so thats made things slightly easier for me Gill. You sound like you love it there...I hope I feel the same.

I'm putting my little Smart car up for sale next weekend and not looking forward to that....I totally love it and would not get rid of it if we werent going... I cant take it as its LHD....anyone want to buy a bright blue and silver Smart car?? hehe

There is a guy that comes on here NeilW he has just brought out his wifes smart car. You can contact him. Some People do drive LHD cars here.
Old May 14th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh our paperwork here says you cant drive LHD there.... that it has to be converted within so many weeks. I cant afford to take it now anyway.... at least its not going to be as bad as leaving my horse...thats 100 times worse.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:06 am
By name and by nature

LOL!! Cant answer that.... too much analysing for me for one day!
I WAS joking

Hi Carol (Nonie)
Old May 15th 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Batty
I WAS joking

Hi Carol (Nonie)

Batty Nonie, Eh!

Well the plot thickens ! LOL HAHAHA

Here's to you Batty Nonie
Old May 15th 2005, 3:12 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy Smart cars in New Zealand now, Ive seen quite a few on the forecourts in Christchurch
Old May 15th 2005, 6:24 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Oh our paperwork here says you cant drive LHD there.... that it has to be converted within so many weeks. I cant afford to take it now anyway.... at least its not going to be as bad as leaving my horse...thats 100 times worse.
Its not that simple but, I know someone here driving lhd dodge viper,2003 model, only they don't tell you its possible to have left hookers to stop them coming in.It is possible, you just have to know how to do it.
Probably not worth the hassle on something so low priced and common though..(no insult intended )
Old May 15th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Mike... well only 23 days left here now.... not that I'm counting of course!!

As for DeeDee insulting my poor little car... well, I'm too upset now to even comment back..

23 days!!!! 23 days!!! arrrghhhhhhhhh...where are the weeks going????!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.