Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Online Article about NZ - why we all love Nz apparently. (merged 2 threads)

Online Article about NZ - why we all love Nz apparently. (merged 2 threads)

Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Article about NZ - why we all love Nz apparently. (merged 2 threads)

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Last Friday (It was a cold wet and nasty day) , I went to NW and bought 12 pack of Speights Old Dark after work (9.30 pm), then someone (a Kiwi lad) on the counter asked me,,,, Are you really drinking THIS beer? Is this for yourself?? so I said YES......What's wrong with it? then he replied me .... I've never ever seen a girl drinking dark bitter...? I thought what the hell.........? Why he asks me such? so I said I am British! I mean what else could I say then? What's more, while walking home, people on the street stared at me constantly..... (it was Embarrassing....) I just couldn't understand WHY on earth people looked at me like that?? cos, I was holding a large box of beer on a horrible wet night? Seriously though What's wrong with it? Because I am a little girl? a strange Kiwi culture, eh?......... Unlike Britain, you wouldn't go to a pub to have a pint on your own here........cos Kiwis think something wrong with you...... But I do. and I don't care what people think of me any more. .......One of mates at work told me, I am nearly insane......doing so.

lardyl, I am neither an alcoholi.c nor a stereotype ...... I drink a pint sometimes with blokes though and a bottle of beer sometimes at home . But I've got LOTS of stress from work everyday and I (only) wish I was a man! so that I can drink as much as I want! A frequent drinking habit is seriously bad for women's health. I don't want to have breast cancer etc very soon.

after all, I don't like a Kiwi drinking culture. it's tad strange.

Pubs? None existent pub culture here.

Why I love Nz apparently? I like some Kiwi beer........That's about it.
I think you are tad paranoid/sensitive. The lad was just making conversation over you buying beer, and it really is rare to see a woman drinking darker beer pretty much anywhere in the world, visit some CAMRA meetings if you don't believe me.

Drinking because of stress is also not very clever and I suggest you find something better to relax with.

And as much as you think, not one person that stared at you cared who you were or what you were doing - you've created the negative emotions for yourself needlessly.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Article about NZ - why we all love Nz apparently. (merged 2 threads)

Originally Posted by lardyl
Hi Libby
Sorry to make light of your situation
What sorry for.?

Why are you still awake?

I can't sleep again tonight. just got a phone call from mr Davies in the UK - seriously though he IS shaking my heart. I don't why he would leave. After all its hard for him too.

btw, a song for you tonight.

Love is rubbish after all!

If I told you a secret
You won't tell a soul
Will you hold it and keep it alive
Cause it's burning a hole
And I can't get to sleep
And I can't live alone in this lie

So look up
Take it away
Don't look da-da-da- down the mountain

If the world isn't turning
Your heart won't return
Anyone, anything, anyhow

So take me don't leave me
Take me don't leave me
Baby, love will come through it's just waiting for you

Well I stand at the crossroads
Of highroads and lowroads
And I got a feeling it's right

If it's real what I'm feeling
There's no makebelieving
The sound of the wings of the flight of a dove

Take it away
Don't look da-da-da down the mountain
Your heart won't return anyone anything anyhow...

Take me don't leave me

So look up
Take it away
Don't look da-da-da- down

Your heart won't return anyone anything anyhow...

Take me don't leave me

Love will come through
Love will come through
Love will come through

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 24th 2009 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Last Friday (It was a cold wet and nasty day) , I went to NW and bought 12 pack of Speights Old Dark after work (9.30 pm), then someone (a Kiwi lad) on the counter asked me,,,, Are you really drinking THIS beer? Is this for yourself?? so I said YES......What's wrong with it? then he replied me .... I've never ever seen a girl drinking dark bitter...? I thought what the hell.........? Why he asks me such? so I said I am British! I mean what else could I say then? What's more, while walking home, people on the street stared at me constantly..... (it was Embarrassing....) I just couldn't understand WHY on earth people looked at me like that?? cos, I was holding a large box of beer on a horrible wet night? Seriously though What's wrong with it? Because I am a little girl? a strange Kiwi culture, eh?......... Unlike Britain, you wouldn't go to a pub to have a pint on your own here........cos Kiwis think something wrong with you...... But I do. and I don't care what people think of me any more. .......One of mates at work told me, I am nearly insane......doing so.

lardyl, I am neither an alcoholi.c nor a stereotype ...... I drink a pint sometimes with blokes though and a bottle of beer sometimes at home . But I've got LOTS of stress from work everyday and I (only) wish I was a man! so that I can drink as much as I want! A frequent drinking habit is seriously bad for women's health. I don't want to have breast cancer etc very soon.

after all, I don't like a Kiwi drinking culture. it's tad strange.

Pubs? None existent pub culture here.

Why I love Nz apparently? I like some Kiwi beer........That's about it.
who says woman cant drink on thier own... when my pal was here she went out herself everynight(my wee girl was really sick at the time) sat at the bar drinking pints of cider and she had a good old laugh with the regulars in every pub she went to..she now keeps in touch with most via email..i think it depends on what kind of person you are , she made the effort to meet people..have you tried that?? not picking on you i just think maybe you should try more

worked in bars and pubs for 15 years and i agree with other poster dark beers deff not a womans favourite , maybe the boy was just making conversation, i love that here about the checkout people they actually talk to you .. and im sure the kids werent staring at you cos you had beer lol i think you being para... you should come to np theres deff pub drinking going on here, with a couple of nightclubs thrown in ,if you into that kinda thing
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken feet VS Tripe

Kiwi blokes VS British blokes.

This is what we were actually discussing about this morning at Leuven - cultural aspects........for instance,,, why most Kiwis are superficial, shallow, not intelligent enough to make decent conversation with...... not to mention they just talk to you and then walk away........they seem to be cold as ice..........My mate said... Cos nz has no history......... the culture reflects in everything from the way people talk and behavior....... and it's not easy to meet a right person to hang out with here in nz... I was surprised that ...he feels the same way I do. Not just him, my friend Sarah told me the same thing.

I think I just don't fit here.....culturally.

............I was out on the tiles last night for Sarah's farewell party at a pub as she is moving back to England....... and I've got such a headache this morning Yeah, last night was the night.......I drank my age in pints and Sarah finished two bottles of wine.........

I just didn't have good feelings from those Kiwi blokes (including my friend's big boss) who I met last night while boozing. Don't get me wrong. I am talking about their attitude. and the way they talk.

I am not tad sensitive on this subject though. - it's my all time issue.....ever since we moved to NZ.... the cold empty feelings (toward Kiwis) in my head never go away.

How to love NZ? -- This IS one of main issues in my life.

I want to know how to love Nz? I think I need to. But I just don't know 'how'.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 27th 2009 at 5:30 am.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:43 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

...This is what we were actually discussing about this morning at Leuven - cultural aspects........for instance,,, why most Kiwis are superficial, shallow, not intelligent enough to make decent conversation with...... not to mention they just talk to you and then walk away........they seem to be cold as ice..........My mate said... Cos nz has no history......... the culture reflects in everything from the way people talk and behavior....... and it's not easy to meet a right person to hang out with here in nz... I was surprised that ...he feels the same way I do. Not just him, my friend Sarah told me the same thing.
I wrote a reasonably long reply to this, but on reflection I'll just say its a bit easy to overanalyse things.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

To be blunt - you need to sort out your own issues and from some of your posts you seem to have a lot. You come across as aggressive, bigoted, racist, sanctimonious and conceited and highly strung.

One thing I've found in life is that people act like mirrors and generally treat you back how you treat them.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Wow nice reserved guy you are.

That's pretty rude one personal attack which was totally uncalled for. You need a good slap, asshole.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sr71
To be blunt - you need to sort out your own issues and from some of your posts you seem to have a lot. You come across as aggressive, bigoted, racist, sanctimonious and conceited and highly strung.
One thing I've found in life is that people act like mirrors and generally treat you back how you treat them.
That's not true. Don't say like that. I wish I was but I am not.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken feet VS Tripe

Kiwi blokes VS British blokes.

This is what we were actually discussing about this morning at Leuven - cultural aspects........for instance,,, why most Kiwis are superficial, shallow, not intelligent enough to make decent conversation with...... not to mention they just talk to you and then walk away........they seem to be cold as ice..........My mate said... Cos nz has no history......... the culture reflects in everything from the way people talk and behavior....... and it's not easy to meet a right person to hang out with here in nz... I was surprised that ...he feels the same way I do. Not just him, my friend Sarah told me the same thing.

I think I just don't fit here.....culturally.

............I was out on the tiles last night for Sarah's farewell party at a pub as she is moving back to England....... and I've got such a headache this morning Yeah, last night was the night.......I drank my age in pints and Sarah finished two bottles of wine.........

I just didn't have good feelings from those Kiwi blokes (including my friend's big boss) who I met last night while boozing. Don't get me wrong. I am talking about their attitude. and the way they talk.

I am not tad sensitive on this subject though. - it's my all time issue.....ever since we moved to NZ.... the cold empty feelings (toward Kiwis) in my head never go away.

How to love NZ? -- This IS one of main issues in my life.

Libby I mean this in the kindest way possible ... how about a little less booze and some help moving on through those issues you have about NZ and your life here ....... Booze can be such a depressive

Oh and I just want to reassure you that not all Kiwi men are the same.

Take care and stay safe Libby
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

That's not true. Don't say like that. I wish I was but I am not.
Well I don't mean you are in person, but many of your posts you are quite short or abusive towards things you don't like.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Wow nice reserved guy you are.

That's pretty rude one personal attack which was totally uncalled for. You need a good slap, asshole.
Go blow yourself and stop trying to be a hero, you keyboard warrior.

And while you're at it read a few of Crap Coffees posts in general to see the sort of abuse she posts towards things she doesn't like.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

My life is complicated than average people. It's not usual.

I don't think you could never ever imagine what my life is like. Simply it's CRAP enough. Have you thought about you live in a country for rest of your life - you don't speak your mother language and struggle all the time and have stress all the time? that's a seriously hard thing. don't get me wrong, I am never ever proud of myself and I feel it's just amazing, I got a degree from university and have a job here. Not sure you would understand what I am talking about. I just can't believe that ? how I passed all the exams in the past or whatever..(despite being a seriously sick person physically) Because I don't regard myself smart or anything like that. It was x3 triple harder (with anything in my life) than average people. so I sometimes talk about such a thing - it's not because I am arrogant. Don't misunderstand me. I am humble toward everybody. and I like to talk about academic things as it's my main interest in my life, and I am still studying. but I know I am a crazy mixed up kid. As I said, I am an artist, I am a very passionated person, and I've got a free spirit. And my personality is a bit explosive - I agree that. and there are many things in life, I hate (from my bad experiences) or love. too clear. like black and white. but at the end of the day, I am such a nice person and if I wasn't, I woudn't have a job where I work now. What Do you know about me seriously? If I was an arrogant mean bitch, I wouldn't have many friends or mens who chase me constantly. Even my prof fell in love with me. What does that tell you? there are many people who love me all the time. But I never ever talk about my personal issues to them, strangely enough. but I come and talk here.........can't believe that. but I consider myself as a matured person in a way, because I've been through loads of pain more than anybody else. My life is dramatic overall.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 27th 2009 at 10:28 am.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Go blow yourself and stop trying to be a hero, you keyboard warrior.

And while you're at it read a few of Crap Coffees posts in general to see the sort of abuse she posts towards things she doesn't like.
Hey asshole big man behind the keyboard. I haven't seen her get to personal like you and your verbal attack.
I am in Auckland next week if you are around, I would love to meet up.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

My life is complicated than average people. It's unusual.

I don't think you could never ever imagine what my life is like. Simply it's CRAP enough. Have you thought about you live in a country for rest of your life - you don't speak your mother language and struggle all the time and have stress all the time? that's a seriously hard thing.
Actually I do know what it is like, being brought up between two cultures and at 37 I still don't know where I belong or who I should be identifying with.

I used to fight everything and be unhappy, as well as blaming everything and everyone else. But one person cannot beat the system or the rest of the population, so if you can't beat them, join them. Sounds a cliche but it actually works. You can spend your life being unhappy or you can just accept everything and get on with enjoying your life.

And every negative feeling and emotion you have towards other people actually creates more damage for yourself emotionally.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hey asshole big man behind the keyboard. I haven't seen her get to personal like you and your verbal attack.
I am in Auckland next week if you are around, I would love to meet up.
Actually I've love to, but you clearly can't recognise adult dialogue on internet forums - not expecting you'd be great company in real life.

BTW - some quotes from Crap Coffee.

-sr 71 it's F***ing disgusting. you make me sick.
-I hate Chinese and am disgusted about them
-most Kiwis are superficial, shallow, not intelligent enough

Last edited by sr71; Jun 27th 2009 at 8:48 am. Reason: Edit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.