Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One week to go!!!!

One week to go!!!!

Old May 20th 2009, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

kiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nice
Default One week to go!!!!

Can't believe that a week today we'll be getting on the plane heading for Christchurch and still so much to do. Moving company comes tomorrow and the house looks like a bomb has gone off in it. Will be all worth it once we are there. Have organised a house to rent, brought a car and start job on 22nd June. I'm more organised for when I get to NZ than over here.
How cold is it in Chch at the moment?......sad to be leaving the british summer!!!
Old May 20th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One week to go!!!!

5 weeks and 4 days to go,cannot imagine what I'll be like with only a week to go Hope you are excited,are you? Not got a house sorted yet or a car so you are way organised. Good luck

Phyl x
Old May 20th 2009, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

kiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nicekiwichick36 is just really nice

Hi
Am excited but dreading the flight with a toddler and baby. Will be excited when we touch down in Chch. I'm orginally from NZ and lived in Dunedin for a while. Great city and night life. We sent the dog today so he'll be there in a couple of days being spolilt by friends. How is the packing up going for you?
Best of luck.
Old May 20th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,all our stuff went 3 weeks ago decided better to do without here than in NZ and borrowed tv etc from family. Our boys are 9 and 6 and not relishing the journey with them either Going away for a family weekend to Aviermore before all the goodbye parties we have......one every weekend until we go Need lots of hankies I think.

Phyl x
Old May 20th 2009, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: One week to go!!!!

You sound well sorted then. Enjoy all the parties. My liver needs a rest for a good few months now.
Andree
Old May 21st 2009, 11:54 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Hi there,all our stuff went 3 weeks ago decided better to do without here than in NZ and borrowed tv etc from family. Our boys are 9 and 6 and not relishing the journey with them either Going away for a family weekend to Aviermore before all the goodbye parties we have......one every weekend until we go Need lots of hankies I think.

Phyl x
Be sure to look us up in the first week when you arrive. Thats when it helps to have somebody who has done it before point you in the right direction (letting agencies, schools/playcentres, and all that stuff).

Regards
Old May 21st 2009, 11:57 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichick36
How cold is it in Chch at the moment?......sad to be leaving the british summer!!!
The whole country has miserable weather at the moment. Mt Hutt is opening early, subject to avalanche danger. It will probably all clear by next week though. Enjoy the experience of moving life to the other side of the world. Hope you flying Air NZ as its a special moment indeed when Welcome Home is playing as you arrive.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichick36
Can't believe that a week today we'll be getting on the plane heading for Christchurch and still so much to do. Moving company comes tomorrow and the house looks like a bomb has gone off in it. Will be all worth it once we are there. Have organised a house to rent, brought a car and start job on 22nd June. I'm more organised for when I get to NZ than over here.

well lets say i have not used the spa for a few weeks !!! its p1ssing down here
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southerner
Be sure to look us up in the first week when you arrive. Thats when it helps to have somebody who has done it before point you in the right direction (letting agencies, schools/playcentres, and all that stuff).

Regards
Well thank you kind sir for the offer. I have my best friend doing all the leg work just now sifting through the lists of rentals I see online Have been in touch with the school we want the boys to go to ( Grants Braes ) so hopefully will be ok; that doesn't mean to say I won't call upon you at some point

Phyl x
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Good Luck to both of you............how exciting, we are just at the start of getting quotes/ making lists etc etc
Hope everything works out for you !!
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwichick & Weejie, just want to wish you all the best with your new life here. Approach it with a sense of adventure & you will be fine. It is an emotional rollercoaster ride & you'll face some challenges BUT it is worth it. Best advice I can give you is to maintain a sense of humour. Good luck with it all & have a safe journey
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:26 am
Banned

Kiwikid will become famous soon enough

HI ya kiwichick, wow you probably here by now. Man I hope you are coping with this cold weather, brrrrrr!!