One week in.....

Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default One week in.....

Hi all, thought i would let you know the latest.

We flew AirNZ via Hong Kong, we were allowed 20kgs each, but were slightly over by 6kgs, which they didn't bat an eyelid at. My son started the journey by pouring fanta Orange in his lap an hour before we boarded, therefore I did the 'Mum' thing and stripped him naked and washed his clothes in the skin in the loo and dried them under the hand dryer! - needs must and all that.

The flight was good, it wasn't full and people could stretch out if they wished, unfortunately we had the kids to keep an eye on so sat still in seat. The in flight entertainment was good and the flight attendance were really helpful.

We landed in hot sunshine, good job we were wearing our coats as we would have been really cold!!!

we rented a self contained apartment in a Motel called Columbus in ChCh and it was brilliant, they had WiFi so we were able to go onto webcam right away and say hello to the parents back home, which I think helped alot knowing how easy it was to communicate.

We have rented a 4 bed house in Rolleston, it is beautiful and hubby keeps playing with the electric garage (new toys and all that), the neighbors came around with homemade scones and jam to welcome us to the area, which was totally fantastic, it made us feel really welcome.

In one week we have bought a car, a twist 'n' go moped, 3 sofa's, sky, internet sorted the bank and the kids started school which they love, and we have enquired about a fishing licence.

Not bad for a week I'd say, we are off to the beach at the weekend, so if anyone knows a good one we can head for please let me know.

Thanks for all your help once again, we are enjoying it so far.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:30 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One week in.....

We landed in hot sunshine, good job we were wearing our coats as we would have been really cold!!!
Glad you got there OK. I did the same, landed in hot hot hot weather wearing a thick winter coat and scarf [it was snowing when I left the UK and it would have been extra weight in my luggage]
Sounds like you're settling in well, you're getting all the toys sorted!

All the best

Sue
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:31 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, and welcome to Canterbury! We hope that you settle well, and know that Rolly is a great place as we were going to build there - but alas, that dream is over.

My wife Toni has taught a day of supply at Rolly primary and says that it's a fantastic school, so pleased to hear your kids think so too.

Sure sounds like you've been busy, but you've had the right weather for it. If it stays like this then Autumn is going to be a stunner.

Good luck with settling down, and enjoy the fishing!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Brillianto.

You need to sort your location on your profile.
You iz no longer Uk people. You iz Nz folks.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tee

Glad you all arrived ok and are settling in well. You have been busy but sure it will settle soon. Glad the kids have settled in school. Keep us updated

Phyl x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:05 am
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice

Good stuff , glad all is well

I have been to Rolleston - we have friends there..... Enjoy your new beginning
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: One week in.....

Glad you're settling in well. All the best for your new lives in NZ!
Helen x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:04 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy your new life - and don't forget, here is a good place to ask questions from those of us who have been here a bit longer. Ask away
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Glad all going well.
Promise to keep us posted of your progress
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to NZ. Rolleston is nice isn't it. We are up in Rangiora north of Chch. A good beach to head to is Taylors Mistake or Sumner beach. Taylors Mistake is past Sumner up the big hill and down the other side. There is a little car park when you get down the bottom. Get your map out and have a look. Quite easy to find and watch the winding road on the way down.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Sounds lovely !!! Glad you all arrived ok, and great that the kids are enjoying school. The weather here is wind, rain and cold......not that I'm jealous or anything.....lol. Good Luck with everything
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:20 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

WOW WOW WOW
Sounds great... You guys seem to be having bags of fun!!
Keep up posted... I can not wait to get to Auckland myself... When this medical saga is over that is!!
All the best
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:27 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh welcome!!!!! It's lovely down there - I hope you have a fantastic life here!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:31 pm
Happy Thought Producer

LoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really niceLoganT is just really nice

Congrats!
Sounds like you have done a great deal in a week!
Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.