One Way Flights

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default One Way Flights

Hi,

Just looking at flight prices for one way flights and I noticed something on the Air NZ site about having to have certain visas for one way flights.

Just wondering if any sparkies on a WTR visa managed to fly out on a one way ticket without any problems, or did you have to go for a return ticket?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:40 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Way Flights

not a sparky, but a pharmacist who came over on the silly WTR visa (we have same registration probs as you!)

My WTR had a little bit saying 'outward passage waived' which basically means, yep you can get a one way ticket.

The problem with the WTR I found with the airlines was that those that offered extra baggage allowance for people emigrating would not give us the extra allowance because we didn't have PR.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shelloid
not a sparky, but a pharmacist who came over on the silly WTR visa (we have same registration probs as you!)

My WTR had a little bit saying 'outward passage waived' which basically means, yep you can get a one way ticket.

The problem with the WTR I found with the airlines was that those that offered extra baggage allowance for people emigrating would not give us the extra allowance because we didn't have PR.
Thanks Shelloid, you've put my mind at rest! Hopefully, mine shall say the same... just looking at return flights prices and it would have put an extra £2k on the price

How are you getting on transferring to PR, do you have your registration yet?

Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:41 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

yep, I got registration as soon as I got here. It was just a case of me needing to be in NZ before the pharmacy council would let me register.

We have now been approved for PR.....just a matter of getting down to the NZIS offices in Wellington to get the stickers in the passport. I was lucky enough to have a job to come to so it was all a matter of formality really.

it all goes as smoothly for you too.