One way flights

Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice
Default One way flights

Hi

I have booked a single journey to NZ on the 18th of jan despite the fact I know its ok under the WHV option (i emailed immigration). I hvae been informed that some airlines force you to buy a return ticket at the check in point, despite the fact NZ immigration don't have a problem with it.

Has anyone heared of this happening?

I am flying with Cathay Pacific.

Russ
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:10 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: One way flights

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
Hi

I have booked a single journey to NZ on the 18th of jan despite the fact I know its ok under the WHV option (i emailed immigration). I hvae been informed that some airlines force you to buy a return ticket at the check in point, despite the fact NZ immigration don't have a problem with it.

Russ
Show the check-in your visa if asked (you'd be unlucky to be asked, I think) and you should be sweet. After all, it's a two year visa, right? One cannot book a flight more than eleven months in advance. Does it say anywhere on your visa 'onward passage waived'? If not, see if NZIS can make sure that is on the visa.

Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:18 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have booked a single journey to NZ on the 18th of jan despite the fact I know its ok under the WHV option (i emailed immigration). I have been informed that some airlines force you to buy a return ticket at the check in point, despite the fact NZ immigration don't have a problem with it.

Russ
Ask Cathy Pacific what their policy is.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

hi fella it will be a 12 month visa but I am not telling the airline ythat, it does say onward travel waived, and NZ doesn't have a problem with it.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:45 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

hi fella it will be a 12 month visa but I am not telling the airline that, it does say onward travel waived, and NZ doesn't have a problem with it.
'it does say onward travel waived'

You're sorted, no worries.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:07 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work at Cathay Pacific, Heathrow. One guy tried to get to Nz on a one way ticket without any visa and had to buy a ticket out to Oz before they would let him fly. No visa - no travel on a one way ticket....We get hefty big fines from Immigration every time someone does this. If you have a visa then you will have no problems...Sue
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I used to work at Cathay Pacific, Heathrow. One guy tried to get to Nz on a one way ticket without any visa and had to buy a ticket out to Oz before they would let him fly. No visa - no travel on a one way ticket....We get hefty big fines from Immigration every time someone does this. If you have a visa then you will have no problems...Sue

Great thats good to know, thanks for your responses guys.

Russ
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

vicster is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Guys,
So am I right in thinking that if you go to NZ as a Visitor you have to get a return flight?

Vicster x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:21 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

...and why are single tickets so bloody expensive
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

vicster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Don't know why they are so expensive. supossed to be going out in Jan 2008, prices are nuts. Not as nuts as Russia being 2 goals up on England at the mo
Vicster x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Single flights unfortunatley are not half the price as you would think.

Prices for return tickets in the height of summer are always stupid. We paid £485 for single tickets, with 3 day stop off in HK, so i quite happy with that.

Good luck with it.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

Hi

Russ
What is a WHV please
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by welshwales
What is a WHV please
Work Holiday Visa. You need to be 18 - 30 years old for that one.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:14 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

We flew one-way via Hong Kong with Cathay pacific and had no issues whatsoever.