Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

From one view to another

From one view to another

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:56 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default From one view to another

Well when we lived in Dunedin high up on a hill, like most do in Dunedin, we had a sea and harbour view for over 4 years, and now all we can see is farmland and a large hill, both awesome, but we love this one better. Heres a couple of pics of how life can change along with your view.

Dunedin harbour from our rear dick ( deck )

And the country rear dick ( deck )

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:02 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From one view to another

Awesome

What I wouldnt give to be sharing your dick right now
either of them would do!!
Dewb
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Awesome

What I wouldnt give to be sharing your dick right now
either of them would do!!
Dewb
Totally agree! Wish I lived in such beautiful scenery - lucky you
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:49 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

All takes some hard work and a bit of belief in yourself, its been tough ups and downs, but best thing we ever did, living in Gods Own NZ, shhh but dont tell all the North Islanders how awesome it is down here shhh
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Know what you mean about the views Nige.

I'll always love the sea and the views that go with that, but there is something a bit special about the clouds on the hills of a morning aint there.

You've chosen extremely well both times IMVHO.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:01 am
Dorset to Dunedin

The ex state house in Dunedin was a stepping stone for us, it was all about timing and we have hit it right, changed jobs to beat the reccession, we hope !! and the house in the country was a snip, if we tried to buy something like this in Dorset it would have set us back 7-800k pounds, the ex state house served us well and if we didnt have such shite neighbours we might have stayed, but the chance to live countryside was on the cards, so we went for it, you only live once, just going to landscape the garden now, and do it right, got a chap coming over who owns a small nursery and he going to help us lay it out right and we will buy plants of him, keep small business going.

If you ever fancy a trip down south Bevs, give me a PM we got plenty of room.
'
Otago rocks xxx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:33 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Nice place - glad it worked out for you.....

.....now ....can you send me a couple of bottles of Central Otago Pinot please!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

The views are awesome mate. You are so right....Otago does rock but don't tell too many or they'll all want to come here

Phyl x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
If you ever fancy a trip down south Bevs, give me a PM we got plenty of room.
'
Otago rocks xxx
Cheers

We keep meaning to do a road trip but never seem to get a chance to make it happen. Would be lovely to see the South of the South again. It's been 13 years since last time.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous views but it's not tempting me to leave the fabulous views I get from the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. You're safe

It's great that you have got the life that you want, long may it continue
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:37 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Fabulous views but it's not tempting me to leave the fabulous views I get from the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. You're safe

:

Ooooo can we have pics, pretty please

Dewb
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:19 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't compare but I can see all this from my house
Just took them - it's been a glorious day here!
Attached Thumbnails From one view to another-p1030667.jpg   From one view to another-p1030670.jpg   From one view to another-p1030669.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

If you thought town was full of weirdly dressed people for AC DC last week, you should see the craziness for the rugby (yesterday?)..
Attached Thumbnails From one view to another-welly-1.jpg