Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One stop shop for medicals ??

One stop shop for medicals ??

Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default One stop shop for medicals ??

Can anyone help with this ? I have been looking through list of Drs who do medicals in North West (U.K)- does anyone know if any of them do the whole medical in one place / one time instead of having X Rays done by one Dr then taking them to another. I am trying to save booking off work & school twice for appointments.

I know the cost varies as well from place to place - if anyone has any costings this would be brill. THANX
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:14 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: One stop shop for medicals ??

Hi

Sorry I can't help, but best of luck.

We went to Sheffield and needed 2 days off.

Pauline
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:51 am
Just Joined

renoir9 will become famous soon enoughrenoir9 will become famous soon enough

How far North West are you (England/Scotland ?)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

HI we are In N.W England -
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:15 pm
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Hi
We too are in the North west and have just booked our medicals with Dr. Tankel in Salford and x-rays at the Oaklands Centre which I am told is about 1 mile away. We too did not want to take more time off than necessary and have managed to combine both appointments as they work in tandem with one another , the x-ray being 1 hour 15 mins before the medical.
We have been quoted around £670 for both x-ray and medicals for 2 adults and 2 children ( ages 3 and 1 ).
Hope this is of some help
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi -thankyou for this. It is something to start us on. I will check for details on the list unless you have them handy - where are you in the north west ? & where are you heading for ?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:55 am
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Hi

We are from Nantwich so not too far to travel to Salford , not sure at the moment about where to settle , depends on jobs to a large extent , other half in Health Service. Have been looking at Bay of Plenty , Nelson , Wanganui and Hawkes Bay - visited all bar Nelson on our reccie last year.

Where are you looking at ?

Phone No. of the Medical Centre we are using by the way is 0161 736 4529

Take it you are from Bolton
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Hi we are going see Dr Smith in Manchester. He has been highly recommended by a few of our friends. He is based on john st. will give you tel etc if pm me. We have ours on the 27th will let you know the full cost then if you want. I will need the works no doubt not had a great year with my health so we have every thing crossed I pass!!!!!! Lisa.