Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One scarry, negative thread

One scarry, negative thread

Old Jul 14th 2006, 11:55 pm
Well Travelled, Well Worn

skeeter will become famous soon enough
Default One scarry, negative thread

Wow, I have just been reading a thread from another site and it is like the doom version of this one. Lots of people wanting to come back but trapped by low wages so just biding time until they could get to Oz. According to these people "The lifestyle" doesn't exist, the housing stock is of poor quality, badly insulated, no double glazing, no central heating, cold. The weather is 4 seasons, early winter, mid winter, late winter, next winter. Jobs are badly paid, the cost of living is high, car crime is rife, you have to work 60 hours a week to be able to buy food and then there's not much choice :scared: . I realise that emigration just doesn't work for some people but I was looking for a 40 hour week and a reasonable plot to build on with a bit left over to open a pasty shop, or something. How much of the above is true and how much is some people having a bad experience ?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:04 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: One scarry, negative thread

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find you'll get what you need.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name that tune...........

Originally Posted by asiatic
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find you'll get what you need.
Isn't that a line from a song?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make your mind up time...........

Not so sure about the weather bit, it's sunny outside my gaff at the moment and 17C

The rest may be true for some and untrue for others, you need to make up your own mind on informed evidence, some of which may be anecdotal and reliable and some that may not.

Not much help really, am I?
Attached Thumbnails One scarry, negative thread-view.jpg   One scarry, negative thread-view1.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:01 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: Name that tune...........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
...indeed it is, Sir Mick Jagger and friends. He is 63 years young on the 26 July you know.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asiatic
...indeed it is, Sir Mick Jagger and friends. He is 63 years young on the 26 July you know.
Saw the Stones in Auckland, I'm positively sure that Sir Mick looked straight at me and mouthed "Miserable Sod" during one of the songs, just because I was siitting down and not bopping with the rest of the gibbons.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Default One scarry, negative thread

Apologies skeeter, did not mean to hijack your thread.

Will now concentrate on the matters at hand.

Last edited by Nice Guy; Jul 15th 2006 at 1:18 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Talktalk did a ditty called ... Life's what you make.... which is the case where ever you reside (and the next song please...)
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
Talktalk did a ditty called ... Life's what you make.... which is the case where ever you reside (and the next song please...)

How about ' Let's spend the night together'!!! - esp for NG
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
How about ' Let's spend the night together'!!! - esp for NG
Hmmmmmmmmm...........poppets I'm drooling at the mere thought of it!

Now time for some dirty talking.....................

Muddy wellingtons..........
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:17 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make your mind up time...........

Not so sure about the weather bit, it's sunny outside my gaff at the moment and 17C

The rest may be true for some and untrue for others, you need to make up your own mind on informed evidence, some of which may be anecdotal and reliable and some that may not.

Not much help really, am I?
That view is familar? which suburb are you in?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thebears
That view is familar? which suburb are you in?
'Tis Murrays Bay at the near top of Gulf View Road.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:03 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis Murrays Bay at the near top of Gulf View Road.
Thought so, used to see a girl on Churchill Road near the reserve. Many years ago
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Name that girl...........

Originally Posted by thebears
Thought so, used to see a girl on Churchill Road near the reserve. Many years ago
Give me her name and I'll see if she's still there!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:17 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One scarry, negative thread

Originally Posted by skeeter
Wow, I have just been reading a thread from another site and it is like the doom version of this one. Lots of people wanting to come back but trapped by low wages so just biding time until they could get to Oz. According to these people "The lifestyle" doesn't exist, the housing stock is of poor quality, badly insulated, no double glazing, no central heating, cold. The weather is 4 seasons, early winter, mid winter, late winter, next winter. Jobs are badly paid, the cost of living is high, car crime is rife, you have to work 60 hours a week to be able to buy food and then there's not much choice :scared: . I realise that emigration just doesn't work for some people but I was looking for a 40 hour week and a reasonable plot to build on with a bit left over to open a pasty shop, or something. How much of the above is true and how much is some people having a bad experience ?
If you think NZ is like that why don't you immigrate to OZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.