one chip two chip

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default one chip two chip

Its a real culture shock over here going to the chip shop...shall we tell them about it...????

My worst habit is that now I say 2 fish 1 chip, no mention of portions or even a please!!!!

What do you all think about our chippies...

(are we losing the plot here or getting low on things to talk about???)

Off to the chippie now...gonna get 4 meat fritters and 1 chip!!!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:16 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one chip two chip

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Its a real culture shock over here going to the chip shop...shall we tell them about it...????

My worst habit is that now I say 2 fish 1 chip, no mention of portions or even a please!!!!

What do you all think about our chippies...

(are we losing the plot here or getting low on things to talk about???)

Off to the chippie now...gonna get 4 meat fritters and 1 chip!!!!!!!

For the emigrating Scots, a battered sausage tastes just like red pudding (in my local chippy anway) - what a bonus!! I'm never going back to Britain!! we have it all here now
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:23 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I like the choice of fish - its huge snapper fillets are my fave. Tend not to actually bother with the chip!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
I like the choice of fish - its huge snapper fillets are my fave. Tend not to actually bother with the chip!

I'm not a huge fish fan but I have eaten more fish in the past 6 weeks than in the past 2 years previous to that. Very impressed with the choice. I like snapper, have tried hoki and Takahini (Tahakini?) too, both good also. And the chips - HUGE portions eh? Fantastic
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
A huge choice of fish types sounds like a vast improvement on UK chippies - excellent!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We have fish and chips every sunday evening... they are from the shop in the next village and absolutely lovely... even my little lad loves eating it. Youre right about the portions..... we have 1 portion of chips between the 3 of us and some still go in the bin.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahB
We have fish and chips every sunday evening... they are from the shop in the next village and absolutely lovely... even my little lad loves eating it. Youre right about the portions..... we have 1 portion of chips between the 3 of us and some still go in the bin.
Oh I'm gonna be in heaven then!!! Do so love my fish and chips (when its good quality!!).

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin
Oh I'm gonna be in heaven then!!! Do so love my fish and chips (when its good quality!!).

Well, we're as fussy as hell with our takeaways and this chippy is good.... the batter is nice and crunchy.... the fish is moist and tasty (and I dont like fish!).. chips are called fries here and crisps are called chips or chippies.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, we're as fussy as hell with our takeaways and this chippy is good.... the batter is nice and crunchy.... the fish is moist and tasty (and I dont like fish!).. chips are called fries here and crisps are called chips or chippies.
Oh stop it Sarah - you're making me hungry and I can't have fish & chips for breakfast!!! LOLOL!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh stop it Sarah - you're making me hungry and I can't have fish & chips for breakfast!!! LOLOL!!!
I just ate a bag of chips..... oops I mean crisps.... see how confusing it is. My poor lad is gonna be so confused as he gets older and learns the kiwi words for things. Also, if you buy a hotdog from a chippy then its a battered sausage on a stick.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I just ate a bag of chips..... oops I mean crisps.... see how confusing it is. My poor lad is gonna be so confused as he gets older and learns the kiwi words for things. Also, if you buy a hotdog from a chippy then its a battered sausage on a stick.

Good grief! I'd best stick to the Fish then LOL!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

yes cos you wouldn't want your sausage battered & stuck on a stick would you
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, when you get up here you need to go to the SH10 chip shop in Waipapa!! Really good fish!
BE Forum Addict

...and sometimes a burger is a meat pattie... sometimes they are burgers though. Do you like meat pies?? Theres a shop in the village and they make the most heavenly meat pies.... I had a steak pie for my lunch today.... mmmmmmmmm proper pieces of steak in it!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

...and sometimes a burger is a meat pattie... sometimes they are burgers though. Do you like meat pies?? Theres a shop in the village and they make the most heavenly meat pies.... I had a steak pie for my lunch today.... mmmmmmmmm proper pieces of steak in it!

you're beginning to sound like all you do is eat - Go girl eat for two you lucky thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.