Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One Briton's story of new life in popular New Zealand

Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up One Briton's story of new life in popular New Zealand

Hi guys,

This is certainly not my story, I just came across this news item somewhere on web and decided to post it here ....

Orignial news item can be found at http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_01_13/australia/nz_popular_with_brits.htm

Ghanghro.

============================
A little over a year ago, Yorkshire, UK electronics engineer Adrian Hill faced the prospect of redundancy or the chance of a job in New Zealand. The Yorkshire Post reports on one man's new life in New Zealand.
Almost 14 months down the line, having moved to picturesque Lower Hutt, on the country's north island, against his every instinct, the 31-year-old now has a lifestyle which he says he would not swap for the world, despite a love of the Yorkshire Dales, Headingley cricket, Tetley bitter and all the usual iconic images of homeland.
<<ADMIN EDIT - You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it is still copyright infringement. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet.

Last edited by Sue; Jan 21st 2006 at 11:11 pm. Reason: Copyrighted article removed.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:43 pm
livewire

Default Re: One Briton's story of new life in popular New Zealand

This is the sort of propaganda that we fell for before coming to NZ and experiencing the reality of the country. I'm sorry if I sound cynical but people should really be wary of reports like this that just seem to paint a rosy image and never give the fuller picture. They are usually siezed on by companies who stand to gain by encouraging people to come to NZ.

Ive only ever been to Lower Hutt once and did not fall in love with the place, add to that the earthquake issue and it is not somewhere I'd choose to live, But then everyone is different and some people do like it, so there ya go -boring world if we were all the same hey!

As always, the best advice is to try it for yourself and make up your own mind.

Last edited by livewire; Jan 21st 2006 at 8:51 pm.

Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Robbo's is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One Briton's story of new life in popular New Zealand

Sounds like good, sensible advice to me livewire