Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

One of the biggest problems affecting NZ

One of the biggest problems affecting NZ

Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:18 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of
Default Re: One of the biggest problems affecting NZ

Originally Posted by The Weezer
Not to gloat, but I will soon be spending a month back home with my family, who live within an easy train ride to NYC! They live in a nice house with a 3/4 acre property so I won't be stuck in an urban hell by any means.
Let me get this straight : you have an American green card and you (gasp) live here? Are you single?

One good thing about NZ is that it is improving all the time. In another 10/20 years it will be much better
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Let me get this straight : you have an American green card and you (gasp) live here? Are you single?

One good thing about NZ is that it is improving all the time. In another 10/20 years it will be much better
I don't have a green card! Anymore that is. I am a citizen.
My NZ Sugar Daddy will get a green card though!

More power to you if you believe that. According to the hysterical news reports, NZers are getting poorer and more in debt by the day.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Weezer
More power to you if you believe that. According to the hysterical news reports, NZers are getting poorer and more in debt by the day.
Where in the world isn't this the case?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:36 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I find NZ boring but I have heard this from an ex-pat couple I've met here. They argue that once they've done all the obvious tourist haunts then there's nothing to do but walk. We're too skint to do as a tourist would so the great outdoors as recreation suits us well.

Horses for courses.

My sister in the UK says she'd die of boredom here and I believe her!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Well what can I say, here goes.

You only make it as boring as you make it not anyone else, why should someone else make it enjoyable when you could get of your backside and make it work out.
I have a mate up in the Northland who never stops he's either out with the kids after scholl or at weekends he takes them motocrossing which may invole travling upto 12 hrs to get to a race.
Or he is helping others with alsorts of suff,so if it does get boring you could always watch reruns of Coronation Street.

Regards
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:55 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rockape

You only make it as boring as you make it not anyone else, why should someone else make it enjoyable when you could get of your backside and make it work out.
I have a mate up in the Northland who never stops he's either out with the kids after scholl or at weekends he takes them motocrossing which may invole travling upto 12 hrs to get to a race.
Or he is helping others with alsorts of suff,so if it does get boring you could always watch reruns of Coronation Street.

Regards
Anyone else? Yes, the great outdoors. I have a xr 250 in my garage but obviously I can't use it everyday. i also have a surf board, scuba gear and lots of other boys toys. The boredom im talking about is coming home from work and doing.....well typing on this forum for one thing. Sheeesh. Things must be bad! I've enrolled in night school so hope that can make things more interesting
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else? Yes, the great outdoors. I have a xr 250 in my garage but obviously I can't use it everyday. i also have a surf board, scuba gear and lots of other boys toys. The boredom im talking about is coming home from work and doing.....well typing on this forum for one thing. Sheeesh. Things must be bad! I've enrolled in night school so hope that can make things more interesting
HEY Mingus is your XR250 up for sale when you move back to the UK. I used to have one for tearing up the green lanes in Derbyshire. Cheers
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:04 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

The US is too hard to get a green card. Id be there tommorrow if I could get one. Realistically im left with certain places like London, Sydney, Melbourne, and maybe if I was really adventurous Paris.

Canada might be an option.
Canada? I hope you like *even more extremes* of cold! In the Chicago 'burbs 6 months ago we spent 6 weeks at -20C. And if you want to live in Paris (which I also have), be prepared for extremes of dirt on the street. Ick...

I'd swap with you in an instant, but unfortunately I'm a USC now... so no matter where I move to on the entire planet, I'll have to pay taxes to the good old US of A. Actually considering renouncing if my daughter does the same....

Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Not the job market. Not crime. Not the cold housing. Not boy racers, or the lack of decent telly. Not food. Not the mongrel mob.

The biggest problem with NZ is boredom. It really is a boring place to live. Well I find it about as exciting as watching the grass grow. Any one else?
Have you tried volunteering? ie. Helping others?

Seriously... that will help you get over your impending depression.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
HEY Mingus is your XR250 up for sale when you move back to the UK. I used to have one for tearing up the green lanes in Derbyshire. Cheers
Im gonna flog it on trademe, a bikie mate might be buying it - of course he wants mates rates. I find that you get a lot of tire kickers on trademe.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Have you tried volunteering? ie. Helping others?

Seriously... that will help you get over your impending depression.
I have. Used to do some ambo work but found it too hard to get into here. It's pretty competitive in welly.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:16 am
Maz

I have. Used to do some ambo work but found it too hard to get into here. It's pretty competitive in welly.
That's bizarre, I have to say. I've never ever heard of volunteer work as being hard to get in to... best of luck to you.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
That's bizarre, I have to say. I've never ever heard of volunteer work as being hard to get in to... best of luck to you.
Wellington free ambulance have a pretty strict criteria and loads of people want to do it. It's seen as a way into the organisation, and I believe it's not what you know but who you know. I've tried twice to volly there but rejected both times

It is the only free ambulance service in the country (and a bloody good one as well)

check out the website www.wfa.org.nz
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockape

Regards
Thank god!! Someone who knows someting about motocross.

Rockape you must give me all the details, the kids ride and so does the OH and we need to once over there to keep them happy.

Personally I think if your single(ish) with no children then NZ may be boring but you get from life what you put in and that could be anywhere in the world.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

No prob Kato, will get details of clubs. Where are you going to settle down????

Regards

Stan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.