Omg!!!!

Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Exclamation Omg!!!!

Hi everyone

Can't believe this site's been here all this time and I've just come across it. Been in the process of applying for a residency visa for myself and the family for nearly 18 months and have just got an email to say we're getting them. Now I'm really scared!!! :scared: Does anyone know how long it is from when they say its all been passed to when you actually get them in your hands? I've handed my notice in at work and the house is nearly sold, keep thinking I'll be homeless and jobless!
Anyhow, been really calm, but excited about going, but now I'm absolutely pooping myself! Got a job in Porirua in the hospital and 2 weeks accomodation when we get there, does anyone have any tips on the best place to live in that area?
How about hotel work (for my partner), is there much around?
Colleges for the kids (age 16)?
I've so many questions my head is bursting!!
Think I'll go for a then a to keep me sane.
Sorry about the questions and the nonsense I'm probably writing, but I'm sooooo :scared:
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Omg!!!!

Hi Winnie,
What health board are you going to work for. Is 2 wks accommodation, all they offer in a relocation package.
Boopy
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Winnie
Hi everyone

Can't believe this site's been here all this time and I've just come across it. Been in the process of applying for a residency visa for myself and the family for nearly 18 months and have just got an email to say we're getting them. Now I'm really scared!!! :scared: Does anyone know how long it is from when they say its all been passed to when you actually get them in your hands? I've handed my notice in at work and the house is nearly sold, keep thinking I'll be homeless and jobless!
Anyhow, been really calm, but excited about going, but now I'm absolutely pooping myself! Got a job in Porirua in the hospital and 2 weeks accomodation when we get there, does anyone have any tips on the best place to live in that area?
Sorry about the questions and the nonsense I'm probably writing, but I'm sooooo :scared:

Welcome to teh forum and well done on getting the job, visas etc.

Im in Wellington, dont know Porirua that well, Titahi Bay is an option out that way, or if you want an out-of-towwn beachy lifestyle look at Waikanae/ Kapiti Coast.

Sorry cant help much on the hotel work/ colleges/schools. I would imagine Wellington City is going to be best for hotel work.

Good luck on your NZ adventure.........
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Winnie,
What health board are you going to work for. Is 2 wks accommodation, all they offer in a relocation package.
Boopy
Hi Boopy
Going to work for Capital & Coast Health Board. Will be working on the forensic unit (LD nursing). They offered me 2 weeks initial accomadation and the cost of one air fare, as long as it is direct from the UK to Wellington, but guess I won't get that as we're hoping to stop-over for a holday on the way (think we'll more than need it by then!). Where are you hoping to work when you get here?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Welcome to teh forum and well done on getting the job, visas etc.

Im in Wellington, dont know Porirua that well, Titahi Bay is an option out that way, or if you want an out-of-towwn beachy lifestyle look at Waikanae/ Kapiti Coast.

Sorry cant help much on the hotel work/ colleges/schools. I would imagine Wellington City is going to be best for hotel work.

Good luck on your NZ adventure.........
Thanks newkiwi
Shall have to have a good look around when we get there, but a beachy lifestyle sounds great to me!
There just seems so much to do, both at this end and when we get there, but its all part of the big adventure hey? Looking forward to it all.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Winnie

Got your visas WoooooHoooooo!!!

Time to get some..........

..........................and celebrate

Welcome to the forum. You will find loads of info, support and friends here. You can even join into some the the passionate rants and snipes if you want. Or just sit as a bemused spectator in the sidelines.

Anyway .....some Newby K heading your way.

Kind Regards

Mad Ali Sega
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Hi Winnie

Got your visas WoooooHoooooo!!!

Time to get some..........

..........................and celebrate

Welcome to the forum. You will find loads of info, support and friends here. You can even join into some the the passionate rants and snipes if you want. Or just sit as a bemused spectator in the sidelines.

Anyway .....some Newby K heading your way.

Kind Regards

Mad Ali Sega
Hey, thanks. Shall share the bubbly around, anybody want some?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:14 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, thanks. Shall share the bubbly around, anybody want some?
Yes please Winnie. Welcome to the forum. You'll find most of us helpful and supportive. Newbie karma comin' atcha

Phyllis
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow, everyone is so friendly here. Thanks guys (& gals)
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, everyone is so friendly here. Thanks guys (& gals)
Dimension it!!

Spleasure!!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:29 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone

Congrats Winnie !

Some welcome and congrats karma for your good news

Jen
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Congrats Winnie !

Some welcome and congrats karma for your good news

Jen
Awww, thanks Jen
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:03 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats.....if you need info on stuff use the follow links:
The really useful thread on the top of the forum...its sticky ooohh errr

or

http://www.thisisfengshui.com/expats/home.htm
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Hi Winnie,
Well done. Porirua is a very poor area and not one at all that I would reccomend to you. It does have a very good, large shopping centre and fantastic swimming pool, waves, slides, hot tubs etc. Somebody else mention the Kapiti coast, I would suggest that too. Lovely area, good schooling and more for your money house wise. You will also be in the enviable position of not having to commute all the way down to Wellington. Lots of people (us included) would have loved to have lived 'up the coast' but just thought the commute every day to Wellington would be too much.
Re the airfare, could you not just find out the cost of a one way ticket to Wellington and ask them to pay you that amount towards yours.
Hotel work would really only be wellington realisticaly.
Cheers
KAZ
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Hi Winnie,
Well done. Porirua is a very poor area and not one at all that I would reccomend to you. It does have a very good, large shopping centre and fantastic swimming pool, waves, slides, hot tubs etc. Somebody else mention the Kapiti coast, I would suggest that too. Lovely area, good schooling and more for your money house wise. You will also be in the enviable position of not having to commute all the way down to Wellington. Lots of people (us included) would have loved to have lived 'up the coast' but just thought the commute every day to Wellington would be too much.
Re the airfare, could you not just find out the cost of a one way ticket to Wellington and ask them to pay you that amount towards yours.
Hotel work would really only be wellington realisticaly.
Cheers
KAZ
Hi Kaz
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Shall definately have a look at Kapiti coast once we get there, sounds just what we're looking for. My partner reckons he doesn't mind commuting but we'll see once we're there.
Good idea re the airfare, shall give it a try.
Now just need to finish the packing, sorting, parties, work, goodbyes and book the flights (is that all!!)

So glad I've found this site, so many brilliant people and advice, a big help. Thanks Pompey-Paul, the link to the other site is great.
Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.