Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Okay, can someone please explain karma???

Okay, can someone please explain karma???

Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough
Default Okay, can someone please explain karma???

People sometimes give each other karma. Please explain???

Ta!
Jane
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:24 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice
Default Re: Okay, can someone please explain karma???

Originally Posted by JaneAS

Ta!
Jane
Jane

Good Post

Have some karma

K9
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Ill give you some if you give me some back
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Say no more!!!!!!!!!!!

The Law of Karma

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.'

A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.)

Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Hope this helps

Nice Guy
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaneAS

Ta!
Jane
Some people give karma. I often distribute gravy granules. On the Ex-pat fora karma and gravy granules are 'melded' into one. Karma (not to be mistaken for Korma) is an approval system to allow the acknowledgment of a contributor's value to the forum users. It is like a kind of applause for your contributions. We give Korma to each other to win the little blue boxes that appear by your name. You get stars for the number of posts you make and you get blue boxes for the gravy granules that you have amassed. Those who have lots and lots of stars and blues boxes have far too much time on their hands!! They are either rich, unemployed or have been on the forum for far too long!!

I have sent you some gravy.

If you look at the 'my profile' part of your thing you will see a bit entitled 'reputation received'. This shows your gravy intake, who sent you gravy (if they tell you) and what the gravy is for.

Kind regards

Ali the gravy granule guru
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:09 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Mild Indian Curry made with rich thick yoghurt.....mmmmmm
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:10 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky
Ill give you some if you give me some back
Can i join in i have never had any karma
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Can i join in i have never had any karma
Stop lying, you have got Karma, look at your boxes. Your just trying to make people feel sorry for you to get more.
I'm the one who's son has just left home therefore I'm the one who should be getting karma to cheer me up.
KAZ
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:17 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Stop lying, you have got Karma, look at your boxes. Your just trying to make people feel sorry for you to get more.
I'm the one who's son has just left home therefore I'm the one who should be getting karma to cheer me up.
KAZ
Kaz

I can hardly see your post due to all your little blue boxes

You should feel sorry for me I only have a few

Pleeeeeease

Pretty Pleeeeeeeease

K9
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K9s
Kaz

I can hardly see your post due to all your little blue boxes

You should feel sorry for me I only have a few

Pleeeeeease

Pretty Pleeeeeeeease

K9

Hey, your not doing too bad yourself, and stop whoring for karma, that's my job. I am queen of the karma whoring ask Debs, although last time she did pretty well she put on a revealing dress. Very underhand I thought.
But here you go have some karma for a not bad effort!
KAZ
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:31 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Hey, your not doing too bad yourself, and stop whoring for karma, that's my job. I am queen of the karma whoring ask Debs, although last time she did pretty well she put on a revealing dress. Very underhand I thought.
But here you go have some karma for a not bad effort!
KAZ

You have more stars than John Wayne so I'm returning some Karma

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours

K9
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

I can recommend an osteopath...................
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

This is almost as complicated as setting the timer on our new(ish) central heating clock....

I think I've given some korma to Sega Mad, Sky and K9s... better check in case it isn't really there... and can anyone tell me how to switch on the heating at 5:30 in the morning?

Ta!
JaneAS
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I might take mine back cos you didn't give me any JaneAS
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:32 am
sky
Banned

Don't think I can really take it back though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.