Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OK, winter's started, now what?

OK, winter's started, now what?

Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OK, winter's started, now what?

It was still winter here last night but this a.m. if actually feels like spring has arrived. Everything is greening up nicely of course and the bluebells are gearing up for their peak. I prefer a Pommie summer now to one on the Med. And when it's over, it's time for the Premier League to kick off again!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default OK, winter's started, now what?

Originally Posted by owen
+12 C is not freezing!! I was out in shorts and t-shirt today, although Junta del JAFA was a barmy +16C. I'm a lancastrian!!
They make 'em tough up there!

Always made me shudder when I in Newcastle mid-winter, fricking freezing and there would be these chaps wandering around in their toon shirts.

Either very hardy or...........

Originally Posted by happynz
No, it didn't. So, why the snarky apology?
Don't want to dwell on this but what does snarky mean?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:59 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Don't want to dwell on this but what does snarky mean?
From the urban dictionary: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

It's possibly just a made up word.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:04 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

(Perhaps you should ask him what "apology" means and why he hasn't given me it ? .)

HappyNZ ...you posted something really nasty about another person and then have a go at me for quoting you, and then you attack me again when I apolgised for (unintentionally) embarrassing you .
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:05 am

See......look how easy it is to cross post!

Anyway, enough already.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I know a couple of cross-dressers.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I do cross words.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I like Cross and Blackwell pickle.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Cross of Iron was a good film.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:17 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nerine
(Perhaps you should ask him what "apology" means and why he hasn't given me it ? .)

HappyNZ ...you posted something really nasty about another person and then have a go at me for quoting you, and then you attack me again when I apolgised for (unintentionally) embarrassing you .
I wasn't embarrassed yet you insist I was. So, your kack-handed apology is bullshit, so go suck eggs Nerine.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:19 am

I wasn't embarrassed yet you insist I was. So, your kack-handed apology is bullshit, so go suck eggs Nerine.
Lovely.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Cross of Iron was a good film.
Don't think I've seen that one .
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

You got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Try 'Cross Moderator'.

Apologies to the OP for the pile of rubbish in his thread.

Get back on track people or lose it !

Well I think the weather has turned at bit!!! Here in JAFAland anyhoo.

Got me thinking, what do I do with my days off now? Quite got into the whole lounging in the sun thing. I've just joined the library so I can get hiking, sorry, tramping books out for walks around Junta del Jafa, but what else do us psuedo-kiwis do till its togs time again??
Today there was glorious sunshine but a right sharp chill in the air. No good for swimming or owt like that but good for walking and I got a load of washing dried after the several days rain. We are still in T shirts and shorts during the day. It's a touch parky at night. I like this weather. You can do more.

I've noticed a few of the locals have already got their wood burners going in the afternoons There has been just that little touch of snow on the hills the past two mornings.

Two weeks time and it is open duck shooting season. Not that I intend to involve myself in this ,but it shows that Winter is nearly upon us.

We'll try and get in at least one days skiing during the Winter if we can afford it. There are loads of walks we can do now the sun is less fierce.Perhaps a weekend to Hamner is in order soon.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

You are a tit ( I was going to insert a smiley face)

Sorry to other people on here but..... FFS you can tell your American and a total knob ( again a smiley face was going here as well)

TIT, TIT ,TIT (SORRY HAD TO DO IT)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.