British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   oh yeah .... removal companys from UK 2 NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/oh-yeah-removal-companys-uk-2-nz-690238/)

kenmc72 Oct 19th 2010 8:50 pm

oh yeah .... removal companys from UK 2 NZ

almost forgot.....
any idea how long it takes to send my worldly possessions from UK to NZ, from collection to delivery?
anyone have any recommendations of good priced and good service companys?
thanks again guys
hugz
Ken:rofl:

simonsi Oct 19th 2010 11:40 pm

Re: oh yeah .... removal companys from UK 2 NZ

Originally Posted by kenmc72 (Post 8929202)
almost forgot.....
any idea how long it takes to send my worldly possessions from UK to NZ, from collection to delivery?
anyone have any recommendations of good priced and good service companys?
thanks again guys
hugz
Ken:rofl:

Ours was 9 weeks door to door. We used Atlantic International.

May just be me but your fancy light blue font is quite hard to read against a white background...

janeyk Oct 20th 2010 1:40 am

again 9-10 weeks Whites in Uk and NZ van lines in Auckland approx 3-5k for a 20ft
first time around we used PSS in UK and NZ van lines this took 15 weeks!

both good service

mickey_d Oct 20th 2010 4:57 am

PSS, 6 weeks 1 day:)

londonescapee Oct 20th 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by janeyk (Post 8929696)
again 9-10 weeks Whites in Uk and NZ van lines in Auckland approx 3-5k for a 20ft
first time around we used PSS in UK and NZ van lines this took 15 weeks!

both good service

NZ Van lines Auckland for us :cry_smile: :banghead: to the point where OH had to deal with them because I was just losing it. Apparently though in Wellington they are lovely. But I think options this side are understandably limited. Anglo Pacific in the UK...seemingly ok - not great but passable and cheap - but we'll see what state our stuff is in when it comes through the door tomorrow :eek: You get what you pay for sometimes!

Shingi Oct 20th 2010 12:15 pm

We had several shipping companies in the other week. We have decided to go with Robinsons, they have quoted us 8 weeks door to door and that is for a part-load container of 640 cubic feet. They also gave the best storage rates in the UK and a good deal on insurance.:thumbsup:

RobDon Oct 20th 2010 9:18 pm

We went with John Mason in UK and The Moving Company this end.
20 ft sole use container door to door 11 weeks, no breakages or damage. :thumbsup:
We also insured through John Mason as they price matched Letton Percival. :thumbsup:
No complaints whatsoever. ;)